EA Forums - Banner

How to get promoted

It might be 20 posts, and at least a week of being registered. I just registered yesterday, and have reached 50 posts already. I've answered questions and gave out pieces of advice. In a week I'll let you know if I've been promoted.

Replies

• la_dadaista
    153 posts
    edited November 2012
    I already partly answered in your thread in the General Discussion section. I don't have 50 posts but i've been promoted.
    I suspect that promotion is a bit randomly done: sometimes a moderator calls in the forum, reads people's lasts contributions and promotes them.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    That makes sense. I guess the point of this forum isn't to get promoted, but rather to help people out. Those with good intentions and good advice will be spotted, and promoted... simple.
  • Tony68k
    279 posts
    edited November 2012
    That would make sense. I just want an avatar and the ability to post images direct. I guess if it did follow a post-count rule, you'd just get people spamming the forums.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I just got promoted yesterday with about 35 posts. Considering how many others got promoted around the same time, and the diversity in the number of posts we had, I suspect la_dadaista is correct. An EA admin checks every so often and promotes a batch of contributors.

KingVicc has a great attitude. It is about helping and making positive contributions, not about simply getting promoted. Contributors with his attitude are the reason this is such a good forum.
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Quite a lot of people got promoted when I did, I had 120 posts at the time, but the others ranged from 30-130 posts.
    Ea will visit, see who has quite a number of posts and made good contribution to the site (not random) and promotes them and then sends a PM.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • trailstrials
    78 posts
    edited November 2012
    would be nice to post pics and have an avatar
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    would be nice to post pics and have an avatar

I like being able to use BB code as it sometimes helps to clarify in cases where you're responding directly to another's post. But as for having an avatar...meh.
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yeah the BB code should be a must. Having it disabled sucks. I can't post a link or quote a message without it all looking like a blob of weird words and brackets.

In the mean time I'll just use my manual methods.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited November 2012
    The promotion is something that is set when the forum is created. I own a motorcycle forum and I set something like at 50, 100, 200, 300 etc. This is coming automatically when you reach the pre-setting.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    Most forums have an auto promote feature. This one seems to do it monthly. You may have to be registered for so long and have some many posts at the time they do the mass promotions. I was just promoted along with everyone else and I think the last one was around the time I registered.
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm promoted.
    Now i'll start to look for a cool avatar
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm a forum mod and we are easy. You can't post links for the first five posts but you can do everything else right away. It means we mods remove a lot of spam but it is what it is. I understand the need for some restrictions but it should be obvious when people can do things like have an avatar and post links.

Not that I care, however they do it here is fine by me. :)
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    @BDIHP: You're a forum mod on here? Woah you were promoted fast if that's so. As a mod can you delete threads or combine threads? I've been trying to do that manually by pointing out to people that similar threads exist but it isn't as effective.
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited November 2012
    No, I'm sorry for the confusion, I'm a moderator on TiVoCommunity, not here.

I can't do anything here either. :)
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Hahah for sure. I hope they allow those features for users who are promoted.
  • Blobulle
    59 posts
    edited November 2012
    I already partly answered in your thread in the General Discussion section. I don't have 50 posts but i've been promoted.
    I suspect that promotion is a bit randomly done: sometimes a moderator calls in the forum, reads people's lasts contributions and promotes them.
    Not sure, we never see people with 1-20 posts being promoted.
  • Wargazsem
    20 posts
    edited December 2014
    Nice info, I was searching on how to add an avatar. Then I stumbled onto this thread.
  • 111111simpsons
    118 posts
    edited December 2014
    Promotion is something of a crap shoot (he says, gesturing nonchalantly towards his post count)....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!