EA Forums - Banner

Squid Port tile insurance

Prev1
I tapped mine by accident and now have to wait 2 days :evil:

Replies

• CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yes I learned this the hard way. Tapped my tile twice (I'm on 3 day tiles) so now I keep 2 up
  • punkymcmilli
    292 posts
    edited November 2013
    Is there a max on handshakes that can be on screen to be tapped?
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Churchill_Dog.png

If you want I might be able to provide you with third party, fire and theft insurance for your squidport at reasonable rates. Donut Payment plans can be worked out.

Ooohh yes!
  • Bettyumu
    81 posts
    edited November 2013
    Churchill_Dog.png

If you want I might be able to provide you with third party, fire and theft insurance for your squidport at reasonable rates. Donut Payment plans can be worked out.

Ooohh yes!

Only if you send Dawn French round with some cream tea and scones.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited November 2013
    AFLAC!
  • Aphra82
    61 posts
    edited November 2013

Ooohh yes!

Lol

I'd say keeping 2 handshakes up is a must. Twice now I've accidentally tapped the 'insurance' handshake. If I didn't always have 2 up, that would have been twice I had to start a new tile.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I am over the max number of tiles so I keep three handshakes up as I won't be able to build a new one if I accidentally tap all of them.
  • frogger53
    685 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I tapped the last handshake by accident. I now have another one waiting to be tapped!
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited November 2013
    Good idea! I'm now going by this :)
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Bettyumu wrote:
    Churchill_Dog.png

Ooohh yes!

I can help you with Donut Insurance if you are over the age of 50

sunlife-parky-img-1.gif

... and you get a free Parker Pen just for enquiring!
  • Bettyumu
    81 posts
    edited November 2013
    Bettyumu wrote:
    Churchill_Dog.png

Ooohh yes!

I can help you with Donut Insurance if you are over the age of 50

sunlife-parky-img-1.gif

... and you get a free Parker Pen just for enquiring!

I've always wanted one of those pens!!!! But sadly I'm not over 50!
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    I definitely need to purchase SP tile insurance! At least I got a few this time! I was being so careful too. Just moved the screen an inch away from the tile which was enough to set it off :(
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    I definitely need to purchase SP tile insurance! At least I got a few this time! I was being so careful too. Just moved the screen an inch away from the tile which was enough to set it off :(

I did exactly the same thing the other day, infuriating.

Paid tha cost for being da boardwalk boss
  • Ditsy6
    255 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yep... I hit the last handshake by accident this morning :(
    With the way my luck has been I'm not terribly surprised, whatever, I'll just keep helping my neighbors instead of worrying about my own.

• dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    Boy, I sure wish I knew I could buy insurance for the tiles. I've discovered that tapping the last handshake doesn't just cost a couple days wait or a few donuts to speed up. It stops you from making any more period.
    I was proud of myself for finally getting to the max when the message box said I couldn't build any more. I was at 170 and I can see some friend's towns with 210 or more.
    Main lesson: You really, really don't want to tap the last handshake or you could be hooped for good.3 1/2 days or 42 donuts doesn't seem like much now.
    P.S. It is not cheating if you are allowed by the game to do it.
  • Crowsfox
    86 posts
    edited November 2013
    lucky players!! I can only have a total of two handshakes at once on my port.. say if 4 people visit and tap my tile.. i only get one extra.. :o( but one is better than none extra so Im not gonna complain ... too loudly lolz
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I always look for the floating tile, and tap 3 times, unfortunately only one of my friends taps mine -occasionally. Have just added some of you (with the easier to remember names), so fingers crossed!

Please add me as a tile tap friend, carlamarie669
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    Tap my last handshake even if I was SUPER carefull... 3 days tiles... will keep 2 handshakes from now on.
  • brewdog79
    468 posts
    edited November 2013
    I live life on the edge. I leave one handshake. Sometimes I tap and hold the final handshake, then swipe across the screen to undo the tap. #YOTO
  • dankface13
    176 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I somehow tapped my last handshake last night while I was nowhere near the squidport entrance. Couldn't leave an insurance one because for some reason I'm only allowed to have two at a time. Glitch is glitchy I guess lol. Guess I'm just going to have to be extra careful this time. Hasn't stopped me from tapping my fellow neighbors though!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!