EA Forums - Banner

Who do I need to contact?

For one you could contact apple to get a refund, but that will not fix your game.
So you will have to contact EA support to get the game fixed and maybe that will fix your purchase as well.

Replies

• angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok thanks,will try that
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I made two purchases of donuts in game yesterday, the first (£13.99) didn't work and the second(£6.99) went straight on.

When I tried to redo the £13.99 it said I have already purchased and would I like to download it now... Of course I chose yes! It didn't work and when I quit the game to try reloading the game wouldn't even load. I deleted and reinstalled the game with the same result... The game won't go past the initial ea screen.

Help! Any other suggestions? I have the latest update.
    also use this code in ur signature
    < img src="link to your image">
    After removing the apace before img.
    Then it will work
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I made two purchases of donuts in game yesterday, the first (£13.99) didn't work and the second(£6.99) went straight on.

When I tried to redo the £13.99 it said I have already purchased and would I like to download it now... Of course I chose yes! It didn't work and when I quit the game to try reloading the game wouldn't even load. I deleted and reinstalled the game with the same result... The game won't go past the initial ea screen.

Help! Any other suggestions? I have the latest update.
    also use this code in ur signature
    < img src="link to your image">
    After removing the apace before img.
    Then it will work

The images are very out of date now, as you can see, I didn't manage to do it lol!

Have messaged ea so we will see!
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Sometimes when i buy donuts they dont show up but when i sync my game and go back to my town they are there.
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks x
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I still don't have my game back!
  • HellSpawn138
    10 posts
    edited November 2013
    The game crashes before you get past the ea screen after a faulty purchase? That sounds like the dreaded Gil Christmas donut glitch. What you have to do is reset your device to the factory settings so you can play the game. Then when the pop up appears, ALWAYS select "ignore" or "no", or else you will have to reset your device again. As for your money, send apple or android a complaint telling them what happened and 9 times out of 10 they will refund your money. Finally, bombard ea with complaints to refix this glitch. Until they do, you unfortunately cannot purchase donuts.

Hopefully it's not this glitch again because it took them months to fix it the first time.
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The game crashes before you get past the ea screen after a faulty purchase? That sounds like the dreaded Gil Christmas donut glitch. What you have to do is reset your device to the factory settings so you can play the game. Then when the pop up appears, ALWAYS select "ignore" or "no", or else you will have to reset your device again. As for your money, send apple or android a complaint telling them what happened and 9 times out of 10 they will refund your money. Finally, bombard ea with complaints to refix this glitch. Until they do, you unfortunately cannot purchase donuts.

Hopefully it's not this glitch again because it took them months to fix it the first time.

I did email them and they have 'escalated' it... 4 days ago :shock: the game is getting to the initial ea screen then closing. I've not mailed apple yet about the purchase not working, I probably should, like you said they will refund.

I'm worried about resetting My iPad to factory settings... Will it delete my email accounts / other game progress / personal settings for iPad ?
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    If your stuff is in the Cloud, you won't lose it. Tapped Out is in the server, providing you weren't playing anonymously. Do you have your other games on your iPad in the Game Center? If you do, you won't lose that either. However, you will need to put your contacts back, as well as set up your email accounts again.

Did you get a form email? If so there is another way to contact them and speak directly with a game advisor. You can choose to have one call you or instant message with one. Click the link below to see step by step how to do this. Scroll down. When you get to #7, that explains how to have ea contact you. I'd try this way before resetting the iPad.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    indys2nd wrote:
    If your stuff is in the Cloud, you won't lose it. Tapped Out is in the server, providing you weren't playing anonymously. Do you have your other games on your iPad in the Game Center? If you do, you won't lose that either. However, you will need to put your contacts back, as well as set up your email accounts again.

Did you get a form email? If so there is another way to contact them and speak directly with a game advisor. You can choose to have one call you or instant message with one. Click the link below to see step by step how to do this. Scroll down. When you get to #7, that explains how to have ea contact you. I'd try this way before resetting the iPad.

https://help.ea.com/article/welcome-to-the-new-and-improved-ea-help-center

Thanks Indy, I'll follow your link I a sec. Below is the reply I got to which I found and replied with the info added -

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

After reading your email, I came to know that you are unable to play "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" on your account due unloading issue. Indeed it is disappointing not being able to play your games after having spent so much time and money to purchase donuts on the game.please do not worry you surely will get your purchased donuts. I'll do my best to figure it out for you.

Please try the troubleshooting steps listed in the below link one by one and see if it helps in fixing the issue.

If you’re running into problems with EA iOS apps for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, we recommend following the steps below to resolve your issue.

https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps

If the issue persists, please provide the below information, so that I may escalate your issue to our higher level of support for further assistance.

1.Your device name and carrier :
    2. OS Version :
    3. Game version :
    4. Capacity(memory) :
    5. Available(memory) :
    6. Number of applications
    7. Mo den Firmware
    8 Device type and generation
    9 Your Origin ID
    10 EA account e-mail address
    11 Device’s Mayhem ID:

To locate Mayhem ID, please follow the following steps:

https://help.ea.com/article/where-is-my-mayhem-id

I look forward to your reply
  • mlh123
    8 posts
    edited November 2013
    This happened to me s few weeks back. I tried to buy a truckload of donuts and it took me to the app store to sign in to my apple id. Once i was there it asked me if i still wanted to buy them so i clicked ok, but when i went back it wasn't there so i tried to buy them again and it said the same as yours, you have already bought these and tap ok to download them so i clicked ok but nothin happened so i got in contact with apple and the problem got sorted in about two hours
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mlh123 wrote:
    This happened to me s few weeks back. I tried to buy a truckload of donuts and it took me to the app store to sign in to my apple id. Once i was there it asked me if i still wanted to buy them so i clicked ok, but when i went back it wasn't there so i tried to buy them again and it said the same as yours, you have already bought these and tap ok to download them so i clicked ok but nothin happened so i got in contact with apple and the problem got sorted in about two hours

I contacted apple, they are sorting a refund. In the meantime my game is STILL not loading :((((
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.