EA Forums - Banner

Push notification sounds

Airion wrote:
Okay, the one about the pants is quite funny, but Homer just screamed and I damn nearly fell off my chair in fright!

I do tend to like his notifications, but the scream was a little much. I haven't heard it since I updated out of the Halloween version. It does appear that some people are still getting some notifications related to Halloween. I remember this happening after the Whacking Day event. After a couple of days the WD notifications subsided, I assume the same will be true for the Halloween notifications. (Unless you haven't updated yet, in which case I imagine you'll keep getting them.)

Replies

• Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I updated yesterday. I've never heard the scream before. Also today I got 'Rather them than me! Oh wait, it is me!', which made me chuckle. My favourite is 'Puuuuush notification'. :lol:
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Airion wrote:
    I updated yesterday. I've never heard the scream before. Also today I got 'Rather them than me! Oh wait, it is me!', which made me chuckle. My favourite is 'Puuuuush notification'. :lol:

+1 - its not just the "push notification," it's the tone. Priceless.
  • jtgroth
    379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I am a big fan of the "Push Notification" one. I also really like "Mmmmm, crops. <drool>". My favorite, though, is the "<gasp>Visitors! Better put on pants." That one cracks me up every time I hear it. Plus I like knowing when people visit my town (esp. with the SP glitch).

And while I was typing this, I got a Halloween notification about Springfield being overrun by ghosts (despite updating yesterday). Not sure about the sound, as I'm at work and my phone is silenced.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Is 'puuush notification' just on android or something ?

I've never heard that on Ipad/iPhone.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    gavthomson wrote:

I have an iPhone 4S, so no, it's not just Android.
  • jtgroth
    379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    gavthomson wrote:

I believe that the only time this notification is used is when Channel 6 finishes a job. Initially, it used the "Mmmm, crops." notification, but eventually it was changed.

Personally, I usually put my buildings (Cletus' Farm and Channel 6) on task after I have placed all the characters on tasks, so I don't get it very often. I do this so that I can tell when all the characters should be finished. When I notice that Channel 6 is ready, I do one last pass around my town to make sure I have rotated everybody, then cycle the buildings.

I also like to start tasks of certain lengths with certain characters, so I get a notification about them. For example, I like to start 8 hour tasks with Ralph, so my notification is "Ralph finished Burn Things". Makes me laugh every time.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited November 2013
    gavthomson wrote:

Nope. I get it and I play on iPad/iPhone.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    jtgroth wrote:
    gavthomson wrote:

I believe that the only time this notification is used is when Channel 6 finishes a job. Initially, it used the "Mmmm, crops." notification, but eventually it was changed.

Personally, I usually put my buildings (Cletus' Farm and Channel 6) on task after I have placed all the characters on tasks, so I don't get it very often. I do this so that I can tell when all the characters should be finished. When I notice that Channel 6 is ready, I do one last pass around my town to make sure I have rotated everybody, then cycle the buildings.

I also like to start tasks of certain lengths with certain characters, so I get a notification about them. For example, I like to start 8 hour tasks with Ralph, so my notification is "Ralph finished Burn Things". Makes me laugh every time.

That is great info, thanks.
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited November 2013
    I had Homer yell "Hey! Stop doing stuff and come play with me!" at work. Now I make sure my phone's on silent lol.
  • jtgroth
    379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Veggiefox wrote:
    I had Homer yell "Hey! Stop doing stuff and come play with me!" at work. Now I make sure my phone's on silent lol.

I love that one. Unfortunately, I play to often to get it very much. Occasionally something glitches and I get it a few times. Usually just after I have left my Springfield.
  • wubbledub
    55 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have never heard the pants or Ralph notifications. I love though when I'm having a conversation and someone complains about something and immediately after Homer chimes in with "Better them than me."
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Just got one I haven't heard befor " are you cheating on me with another game " made me laugh because I was.
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My parents have been visiting and my sound has been down, so I've yet to hear the pants one. I haven't liked the neighbor visit pop-ups, but maybe they won't be so bad now that I know they come with humorous sound bites.

My husband got busy with work earlier this year and was unable to play for several days. Homer popped out the "Are you cheating on me with another game?" notification right in the middle of an important department head meeting.
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Airion wrote:
    People never look at facts. He says "BETTER them than me, oh wait that was me".
    Pardon me for breathing. I only heard it once before so forgive me for not IMMEDIATELY committing it to memory.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    Pardon me for breathing. I only heard it once before so forgive me for not IMMEDIATELY committing it to memory.

Lol, you tore him a new * with that one.
  • Churwellowl
    8 posts
    edited December 2013
    These audio notifications are a problem when I'm at work is there a way to turn them off? I've had to put my phone on silent to avoid them and now I miss calls!!
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    These audio notifications are a problem when I'm at work is there a way to turn them off? I've had to put my phone on silent to avoid them and now I miss calls!!

Go into the settings on your phone and turn off notifications, or just mute your phone at work (which is what I do).

Or load the game, click the Build menu. On the right side you can click the "i" and turn off push notifications that way as well.

EDIT for more info.
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Airion wrote:
    Airion wrote:
    apparently you were supposed to look at the facts. Listening was not required and looking would fail to give you this information.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited December 2013

Go into the settings on your phone and turn off notifications, or just mute your phone at work (which is what I do).

Or load the game, click the Build menu. On the right side you can click the "i" and turn off push notifications that way as well.

EDIT for more info.

Or, go inte the build menu -> i and turn of sound for the app (the SFX one controls sound on notifications).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.