EA Forums - Banner

Graffiti - 1 bldg dropped me to 1 star

Prev1
I know what you mean, towns are huge now, how can you not find a building to tap on for cash ? Instead go straight to graffiti. Im sick of it, so much so every time someone does it i delete them, and im sooo glad that we can finally see the name of the person who graffiti's my town.

Replies

• jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited November 2013
    I remember Righteousness fluctuating quite a bit at times in the past, regardless of how much graffiti I received/didn't receive or cleaned up/didn't clean up. Just sit tight, clean up the graffiti like a big boy, and it'll shake out.

You can parse the code all you want; the overwhelming majority of people will continue to play the game as it's been designed. I'm confident the people you drop will find a more-relaxed, easygoing mature neighbor to replace you.

GL with.. all that.
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited November 2013
    I guess the 'loose 5 points, earn 1" thing evens out because of Sideshow Bob? I've been getting graffiti but I haven't noticed my ratings go down
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Just build a bunch of training walls.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    It is not necessarily the graffiti that is dropping your rightousness, mine can sometimes just drop for no reason. Clearing graffiti actually helps get it back up.

Things like not catching sideshow bob can also hurt your rightousness
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Message received.
    I will graffiti 3 buildings on every visit.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Message received.
    I will graffiti 3 buildings on every visit.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited November 2013
    Relax...it's no big deal. I've been playing for over a year. Every once in a while your righteousness rating will drop down to one star. It's totally random and has nothing to do with how much graffiti you clean or who is in jail. It just happens.

It's easily fixed by cleaning up some graffiti. You can do it in your own town or in a neighbors town. Each cleaned building will bring you back up 1/2 a star til you're back at 5 stars.
  • LuGer33x
    152 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My righteousness also randomly went down from 5 starts to half a star, and I didn't even get tagged. Maybe a bug?
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    LuGer33 wrote:
    My righteousness also randomly went down from 5 starts to half a star, and I didn't even get tagged. Maybe a bug?
    I used to regularly lose all my righteousness. It often seemed to coincide with leveling up, but sometimes it would just be random. I'd wait around for graffiti I could clean, and usually it only took a couple buildings to restore my previous rating. Definite glitchiness. Haven't had it happen again since I progressed far enough to build training walls and surrounded Fat Tony's compound with them.
  • Deverz85
    162 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mine just dropped with no graffiti around at all. It doesn't seem to link up with it fully
  • SquidFaery
    42 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have noticed that when my righteousness suddenly drops, it is usually corrected when i visit my neighbors and tap on all the sideshow bobs that i find. I have wondered if the sudden drop is somehow tied to the amount of bobs roaming in neighboring towns.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Mine never goes down, had sideshow bob running about for a few days and nothing!
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited November 2013
    Your suppose to do that so the person cleans it off & HELPS not hurts their rating. I think it was random so people play more
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I was under the impression that tagging neighbors helped their ratings. In fact, that's what the conform-o-meter says. So I will continue to tag until there is evidence to the contrary.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    That's strange. My righteousness never dropped, even though I only have 1 training wall and sometimes one of my neighbour graffiti's my town. :?:
  • sdgus68
    97 posts
    edited November 2013
    Say all other categories are at 5 star. Dropping all the way to 1 star on righteousness would only drop your total to 4.5% bonus. Even if you collect $200,000 on a daily basis, you'd only lose $1000. Deleting neighbors over such a small amount seems to be a bit of an overreaction.
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

^ This. I hid a bunch of walls behind my largest buildings and now my righteousness never falls no matter what.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    shannontj wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

^ This. I hid a bunch of walls behind my largest buildings and now my righteousness never falls no matter what.

Indeed, but let's remember that lower-level players do not have access to the training walls. For them, the only way to raise righteousness is to clean graffiti and catch Sideshow Bob. I still remember wishing and hoping for graffiti to clean when my righteousness would randomly drop to zero.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    +1 :thumbup:

Just look at the little i in the blue circle to have information before purchasing an item or building! Trainings walls improve your righteousness rating. If you don't like them, hide them, that's what I do...tagging is part of the game (it is the Simpsons...) and it gives you money for a building that would not otherwise...basically those friends who are tagging your buildings are your best friends.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    +1 :thumbup:

Just look at the little i in the blue circle to have information before purchasing an item or building! Trainings walls improve your righteousness rating. If you don't like them, hide them, that's what I do...tagging is part of the game (it is the Simpsons...) and it gives you money for a building that would not otherwise...basically those friends who are tagging your buildings are your best friends.

It is a part if the game. If you don't want people to graffiti, then go friendless. When your just starting out, 100 friends visiting you 3 times a day earns you more money than that 1/2 star you get for 5 stars in the overall rating. And when your just starting out, you have few buildings to tap. If they can't tap a building, they are not coming back to check constantly to check on your town.

I have training walls hidden everywhere. (And some white fences I won too that I can't use right now. ) I haven't seen my rating drop since I added them.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.