EA Forums - Banner

Neighbour with 2 farms! How is this possible.

Apparently, in the earliest days of the game, there was a way to purchase an additional farm, just as you can purchase additional krustyburgers and kwik-e-marts. So it's possible that they've just been playing that long. (It's also possible that they are a hacker who gained access to the old files and did it that way, but I won't immediately jump to such conclusions.)

Replies

• mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited November 2013
    It's probably a hack.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    There is another way. It was reported in another thread (for a different unique item) that he acquired the item on one device then logged on to another device and he got the item twice.

May also have happened
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited November 2013
    It's probably a hack.

What little can be seen of the rest of this town makes me think it's not a hack. I mean, if you're gonna hack, why farm brown houses?
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Even other Springfield had 2 Cletus' farms when it first came out. It your neighbor has been playing for over a year or more, they could have 2. If they had 3 or 4 then I'd call it a hack.
  • callenbrock
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    It could be a glitch. I just recently got a 2nd King Toots that won't go away. I store it or sell it but every time I log in, it's placed in the middle of a road. It's driving me mad.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah as said above. Probably just been playing since the start as you could purchase multiple farms at one point.
  • YouAreFriend
    8 posts
    edited November 2013
    Long time lurker, rare poster. I don't have pics, but it did happen to me. I'm not sure how it happened, but during the halloween event I was promted to harvest moonshine. So i started the process, exited the game, came back later and I noticed that the farm was empty. So, i tapped it and it showed the progress bar and it was several hours into growing, but it did not show up in the farm. Then I tapped it again and the grow menu popped up as if nothing was growing. I tapped the "move object" button and tapped the farm. A farm highlighted as if i was going to move it so I did. Knowing this was some sort of glitch, i didn't have much hope in keeping it, but even after the new update i still have and it is fully functional. I'm still going to give it sometime before I start harvesting corn from it exclusivley just to make sure it is here to stay. I don't have a jailbroken device or ever hacked the game.
  • AlexzQuest
    44 posts
    edited November 2013
    if u look good enough to the top from that 1 has christmass light on it and the other don't

so 1 is from last year's chrismass event/stuff
  • plasticroost
    146 posts
    edited November 2013
    AlexzQuest wrote:
    if u look good enough to the top from that 1 has christmass light on it and the other don't

so 1 is from last year's chrismass event/stuff

The Christmas lights are skins, not actual buildings.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited November 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:
    It's probably a hack.

What little can be seen of the rest of this town makes me think it's not a hack. I mean, if you're gonna hack, why farm brown houses?

Yeah but if you've been playing long enough to legitimately have 2 farms why in the hell would you need to be farming brown houses still?
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mjr1124 wrote:
    fastdan1 wrote:
    It's probably a hack.

Yeah but if you've been playing long enough to legitimately have 2 farms why in the hell would you need to be farming brown houses still?
    That's under the assumption that the player has been playing consistently since the beginning. He could have played for 3 months and then went on a year long break. Or maybe the screenshot is from an inactive player who played 6 months and then quit the game entirely.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, the player likes his house farm? I'm not strapped for cash; but, I like my house farm and plan to expand it. The player may also simply be too lazy to take his house farm down or feels its a waste to buy houses and then keep houses in his inventory.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited November 2013
    A lot of possible solutions but we are still no closer to the truth. OP can you post any more pics that might yield further clues to this fascinating mystery?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.