EA Forums - Banner

Who else wants a Mystery Box Overhaul from EA?

Prev1
I get nothing but effing hedges these days.

Replies

• fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Last Mystery Box I received, I got a Tree. A Tree. I get it - it is free stuff and I should be grateful for that. But a Tree? The rewards don't need to be amazing, I am not expecting a Duff Brewey or Sheri & Terri in there, but there should at least be some incentive for me to open my Mystery Box other than masochism and misdirected hope.
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited November 2013
    People have been screaming for a Mystery Box/Golden Buddha overhaul yet EA has yet to act. We're not asking for anything amazing. Just increase the variety of items you can receive from it for *'s sake!

I don't see why the Mystery Box and Golden Buddha can't be programmed to award any random cash/donut prize.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The mystery boxes are too generous.
  • DevourShadow
    4 posts
    edited November 2013
    Really? My dad got Kearny in a box..
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    the mystery box prize should at least be worth more than the $1000 we got on day 4

I understand some stuff has to be crap but if you are going to give brown fences how about giving 12 or 6 hedges or 5 parking lots.

at least then you can actually do something with it
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My last one contained 30 donuts and that's a serious rarity. My coworker got 30 donuts in each of his last TWO mystery boxes, and I wanted to hit him. I usually get newspaper dispensers and trees. As bad as a tree is, the absolute worst is $250. That's the Day 2 prize. At the very least, bump me up to Day 2 so I get a new box in four days instead of five if you're going to give me that disappointing prize.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    the mystery box prize should at least be worth more than the $1000 we got on day 4

+1

It's not complicated.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I understand some stuff has to be crap but if you are going to give brown fences how about giving 12 or 6 hedges or 5 parking lots.

at least then you can actually do something with it

+1,000,000

If they're going to dish out hedges and trees, at least give $1000 worth.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Last week I got 30 donuts! This week I got another ten donuts! I'm guessing EA just loves me! :-P
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    the mystery box prize should at least be worth more than the $1000 we got on day 4.

Yeah, this. Not really the "big" prize when it's generally so meh.
    I can buy a couple fences, hedges, and parking lots. It's not a hardship. I'd really like a few more things I can't buy as easily, or at all. The lemon tree only comes in the box, what about other stuff like that? Maybe put a few of the limited items in there, like Springfield Falls or the Cool Brown House. A lot of people don't have them, or might like multiplies (especially of the house) so that way everyone would win. Or what if it gave you an option if it was something you already have? Like, "You can have this Springfield Falls, or three donuts." There are so many ways it could be improved.
    Or just do away with it as a weekly prize and give us a couple donuts instead. Plenty of games do something like that. (It makes people hungry for more premium cuurency, more often than not)
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    I second this notion. They both need an overhaul, but out of the two of them, the buddha is in more dire need of an overhaul. They need to remove the Mystery Box from the Homer Buddah and add some of the (after lvl 20) premium decorations to it and some of the newer characters.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    The biggest problem I have with the mystery boxes isn't that they're not "valuable" in game terms, but that they're boring. Trees, fences, parking lots - I can buy those.

Some decorations that can't be bought, that only show up in mystery boxes - even if they didn't do anything - would be cool and add more interest (and mystery...!)
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    I have four in storage. If they do change the content, I may be rewarded well for my efforts.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The mystery boxes are too generous.

I just laughed out loud at this :)
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh... I was going to say, I've gotten a mystery box inside a mystery box inside a mystery box then a tree.

All that for a tree.

I got the lemon tree waaaaaay back but since then? $250, newspaper dispenser 3 times, brown fences, 3 white fences and a hedge.
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah.... I got thirty doughnuts in the last one too.....I was very, very happy. So happy that I blew them speeding up a couple of Kurts tasks. Then I realised what I was doing and slapped myself around the head a while.
  • rosharkey802
    28 posts
    edited November 2013
    At least update the decorations so you could get a swing set or something as they launch new content
  • kuhn2632
    62 posts
    edited November 2013
    Changes I would like to see would be to expand the options for what you can get to include all decorations (basic not premium). I'm fine with frequency of the good items. I would like to see the system changed to a 30 day reward scale days 5, 15, and 25 giving mystery boxes. Day 10 giving 1 donut. Day 20 giving the level up pick a box for 3 donuts and day 30 giving a Buddha. With other days keeping the same small cash payouts.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited November 2013
    Oh... I was going to say, I've gotten a mystery box inside a mystery box inside a mystery box then a tree.

All that for a tree.

I got the lemon tree waaaaaay back but since then? $250, newspaper dispenser 3 times, brown fences, 3 white fences and a hedge.

I got something similar but after unwrapping all those mystery boxes, a large hedge was my "reward".
  • loumateria
    10 posts
    edited November 2013
    My issue is has to do with the Homer Buddah as well.

If I'm going to spend 15 donuts on a chance at a premium item,
    That item should be worth at least 15 donuts.

Last time, I got a 6 donut bench.

Granted, it's the luck of the draw. I chose to spend the donuts.
    My thought is that there should be some fairness.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.