EA Forums - Banner

Donut advice

Well it takes quite a while to save up any kind of useful amount by playing the game normally. I'd get yourself one of the premium characters to earn yourself some money. I forget how much they are, have you got enough for Otto or Frink?

Replies

• annalou131
    19 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure there will be some special Christmas stuff if you're into that. That's what I'm saving my donuts for ;)
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Well it takes quite a while to save up any kind of useful amount by playing the game normally. I'd get yourself one of the premium characters to earn yourself some money. I forget how much they are, have you got enough for Otto or Frink?

Agree, premium characters payoff more than normal characters

Here is the list of characters and the # of doughnuts required for them:

With building:
    Hank Scorpio 200
    Duffman 190
    Frink 150
    Otto 120

Without building:
    Hans Moleman 60
    Bumblebee man 60
    Kearney 60
    Squeaky Voice Teen 30

I hope I am not missing any.

• jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2012
    Thanks everyone!!
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited November 2012
    Deffo concur with mystery boxes, you get a free one every 5 days so no point in wasting donuts on one, never got a Homer Buddha but from what I've read they aren't much cop so best to avoid.

Not sure what level your on at the mo, but I was really lucky and got SVT in a mystery box quite early but initially all I could do was send him on repetitive 24hr tasks as that was the only thing available for him, so it might be worthwhile seeing what tasks each character gives you.

Also some characters, both free and premium, need a premium item to be able to have all their tasks available to them, such as SVT, he needs the Aztec theatre for his 1hr quest so something else you may want to think about.

Also, if you are thinking about waiting for a Christmas theme update, a word of caution, you might get some new premium items but they may not give you anything extra, such as the Thanksgiving balloons, you may get a small bonus for collecting the set, can't say for sure as I haven't got the set myself, but they don't generate any additional income so they are purely decorative, whereas Kang now generates income and XP so IMO he was worthwhile getting.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    SVT 1 hour task is vallet at Gilded Trufle his 4 hour task is at Aztek Theatre
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    Unless you want to spend real money use donuts to buy one of the 60 donut premium characters. If you've already got 60 donuts I say don't wait. However, I paid money and got the Marge witch who can speed farming. It's the only way to get a 4 hour farm, and doubles farming income and 50% to a 4 hour job. So totally worth it IMO.

So either go ahead and buy one of the 60 donut characters or wait until the December update to see if there's a better premium character. Just at this point it looks like collecting 60 donuts is a one time deal.

I spent money and got all the premium characters.

Moleman is cool, but only animated job is the 24 hour 'film a short film' job.

Kearny rocks with his 4 hour 'dance a jig'.

Bumble Bee Man has a funny 1 hour "This isn't good" (sorry for my bad spanish)

And don't spend money on the Squeaky Voiced Teen, you'll likely get him in a Mystery Box.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the correction ur_wack452, got my tasks a little mixed up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.