EA Forums - Banner

Come on already we need more land.

Replies

• awez1
    408 posts New member
    edited January 2015
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    How soon until one you complains that we need more land?

I might as well be the first. EA, the new strip of land is on the wrong side. #WeNeedMoreLand

#agreed
  • MonorailMadness
    253 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    dcacooper wrote:
    My forested area and my large designs for areas like Burns' Manor is what's taking up all my land... a lot of Tapped Out is designing, and I think it stinks that people who are feeding them money and have the up-to-date devices are punished.

The problem is, you can't really solve the problem just for players with up to date devices. If this was a standalone, one player game, the game could include an auto-detect of the OS and specs and allow or not an amount of additional land based on whether the device can handle it. However, as it isn't just a standalone, one player game, the developers have to allow for the fact that players may have up to 100 neighbours who also might be on new or old devices.

How would you handle making more land available to newer devices, where that player has neighbours whose devices can't handle a Springfield with that additional land? Only let them view a proportion of the SF? What happens if an evetn critical object (like the cannon) is placed in the land that the neighbour can't see?

That's not going to work.

For a game like this, which EA clearly want to keep working on as many different devices and OSs as possible, there have to be compromises, and one of those compromises is that players with newer devices have to understand that the game can't be built to utilise the specs of those devices without excluding a whole lot of players who don't have them.

Players are not being punished, and it doesn't stink, it just means EA have placed a higher priority on keeping the game active on a wide variety of devices than on meeting the needs of those with the newer ones. If you don't like that, that's your prerogative (and I would very much like some more land myself to be honest) but I am pretty confident that EA will release more land when they feel they can do so without inconveniencing/upsetting/cutting off players with older devices.

After all, they likely know far better than we do what proportion of the players are on older devices.

Each player could be given a number that corresponds with how powerful their device is. Your neighbors, at that point, must be the same number as your Springfield. That way people on old devices can still play the game, just with less land and the people with new devices can have lots of land. Most people always upgrade their devices, downgrades are rare. So a numbering system could be a solution. To simplify the idea, there could be two tiers: old devices and new devices.
  • MonorailMadness
    253 posts Member
    edited January 2015
    ....here's another idea. When a player buys all the available land and the game detects that they are using a new device, they could be given the option to join a top tier of the game. The player is then warned that once they join that tier they can only interact with neighbors of the same tier. Doing it this way would be less intrusive since people are warned before joining a top tier.
  • Tulumos
    81 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Or they could just implement instancing (like crustyland but less so distinctive) or add some tech like phasing.
  • hawkn77
    1 posts
    edited February 2015
    why did the remaining land jump up in price so much. I had three pieces left to buy. 750000, 1 million, 1.5 million. Now it's four million, five million, 7.5 million. I also had two pieces of waterfront to buy. Total cost was less than 3 million. Now the cost for the remaining ones is 4 million, 7.5 million. This is a bunch of crap. The price of land should have never changed. If you added more land at a higher premium cost I can understand but don't change the price of the land that was already set.
  • horseman1775
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    To the mods....

I wonder if in the title of this thread the last date that land was added might be useful. Say put," last land added with level 49 or the date added". This might help confusion with new threads.

Just my thought.
  • Gary_A_D
    866 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    Now that there has been new land sections added, how about giving us more pier sections? I'm out of room for anymore buildings.
  • eltemmorejon
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2015
    I'm slowly working my way towards buying land, land, and more land! Is the grid currently 14 x 14?

And I appreciate EA adding a new strip of land every once in awhile. I've seen a lot of impressive Springfields and I'm always impressed by players who can use land to make mansions and large buildings more impressive. And I'm itching to try out some of the 3D effects I've seen some players pull off.
  • Miggwilson
    37 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I have all currently available land. I need more. I use the cityscape as a kind of canvas. I am having to pull out parking spaces to shink areas down to fit in more buildings, etc. I know most people might be fine with everything tightly spaced. I prefer a more open and spacious cityscape.
  • 46redbird47
    20 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I feel the same about land. I'm having to give up parks and all for new buildings. Also, why can't we be getting more pier. I was looking at some of the lands, I counted 1 land had 290 pieces for the pier. I only have 152. And it says I can't have any more. Why.
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    With 1 plot left I need new land, phase 4 is coming with another big building... gonna be hard to fit all :x
  • jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I feel the same about land. I'm having to give up parks and all for new buildings. Also, why can't we be getting more pier. I was looking at some of the lands, I counted 1 land had 290 pieces for the pier. I only have 152. And it says I can't have any more. Why.

There used to be a glitch that allowed you to get more than the maximum boardwalk sections. It's absurd that they've allowed some players to have hundreds more tiles than others for so long, but you know how they are...I really hope they allow us to build more soon, however, I'm not exactly looking forward to paying a million dollars and waiting three days for one tile -_-
  • regdor444
    33 posts
    edited March 2015
    The last land update was so long ago, all I have done with every building since Clash of Clones has been crammed into the corner. I even ran out of space doing that, so I've had to start rearranging the buildings I have crammed into the corner to make use of every square. I've taken out most parking lots, lined every shop in rows like rowhomes. I've already removed almost all of the water in my town. The next thing I will do is take down the Clash of Clones castle. I could take down my park to line a few buildings up in a row but I like my park too much to do that. They keep releasing tons of buildings. Gil has sold us 3 castles for crying out loud! It's been so long, why NOT release more land?
  • brickevand408
    1822 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    After **** there was another strip of land !
    But still not enough, i agreed :wink:

Would like 2 strips in 1 update, than i can do my plans with some buildings that i now dont have space for :twisted:
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2015
    regdor444 wrote:
    It's been so long, why NOT release more land?

As has been stated countless times: Hardware limitations.

Also, don't put out every decoration you have year round.

Though I think we should be permitted to put the castles in our theme park. Or anything we want. Who cares?
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    sdv325 wrote:
    sdv325 wrote:
    These threads are getting just as annoying as Josh's complaining threads.

Plus there was a thread just like this not 2 days ago....

As the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel get the grease." There are a lot of people, me included, who want/need land and the more "chatter" on the forum about getting land, the better chances there are we get land.

Id really love to see some of these towns where people constantly complain about more land. Chances are they are just horribly designed and hugely mismanaged.

From all the people that have been in my friends list, very few compare to mine in terms for design and creativity. Granted i have only a couple premium buildings and stated months late because Android didn't get it but I have nearly 3 full rows of of land empty. And i have been generous with the typical area's

Bigger isn't always better.

See, that's just it. I got a warning recently because I had over 5,000 items in my town that if I kept adding items I would start seeing errors again!

Not just premium items, but streetlights, telephone booths, garbage cans, small amounts of decorative items.

These kinds of things are what make us want more land and more memory used by the game so it won't freak out.

For example, I have some parks because even Springfield should have parks. One of them though is in the style of my face. Not a good likeness with trees for my hair, a rabbit for my nose, fountains for my eyes and a training wall for my tongue but it's satirical and funny and I like it.

I have a chain of the pink slides as an escape from a second floor window of the high school to the street a block away because you can connect them end to end. Yes, it could be shorter but it's funnier longer.

But I also have to have a few premium cash generation limo and police car lots until I'm convinced I have enough Springfield cash to buy any high ticket items, especially land EA might introduce. Eventually, I will be able to store all those items and have many fewer white houses. That will help.

But in the mean time, I would like more land because there's a whole lot more nice things I could be doing with it.

In the mean time, my perpetual Thanksgiving day parade fuelled by all those invaders as active crowd watchers :? is very cool too.

I have no giant lakes. Though those islands EA released really crowded my waterfront hint.
    L 939play 2-3x a day. Want friends With good buildings to friends ratio.
  • PeterJamesFoote5
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    regdor444 wrote:
    It's been so long, why NOT release more land?

As has been stated countless times: Hardware limitations.

Also, don't put out every decoration you have year round.

Though I think we should be permitted to put the castles in our theme park. Or anything we want. Who cares?

I agree. Though the new green beer fountains fit in Krustyland.

It *seems* as if expanding Krustyland should be easier than expanding Springfield since the two don't exist at the same time, so why not do so?

It's also been a long time since a new attraction has been added.

I'd love to see one of those new really terrifying rides they have out there parodied.
    L 939play 2-3x a day. Want friends With good buildings to friends ratio.
  • meganbarri740
    2 posts
    edited March 2015
    Please give us more land... There are so many things I want to do but cannot. I'm getting frustrated on level 50 and do not want to keep playing if I do not have places to put my new items.
  • Annathewicked
    4719 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    One whip strip of water on the left and one whole strip of land on the right and I will stop complaining for at least 2 months..... But I already need more land. Ea, you give us new land, yay!!!! And then Give us a bunch of buildings and large junk immediately afterwards to fill it all up again, BOO! Can we at least get land without getting all the junk to fill it right away?
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • ebarber
    186 posts Member
    edited March 2015
    I have one more row of land to buy, but first would like a Savings and Loan opened up so that I afford to buy land to build on :).
    But since land space is limited and not infinite, careful town planning is required. Not every building, accoutrement, tree, or what-have-you needs to go on display 24/7/365. As I am now nearing the land limits, I will be more careful about this and only have what I like best out. Frankly, I don't need a dozen Kwikmarts, brown houses, or open fields. Part of being a Freemium game is that there are limitations - land is one. As things are slowly upgraded over the years with people investing more money into the game, perhaps servers and space within the game can be upgraded. Until then, we are all Civil Engineers working with a land budget.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.