EA Forums - Banner

Is house farming cheating

Prev1
I farm.. not a glitch..we just play alot so it helps get cash exp and donuts..just got to find the best way to farm..
If they help why report them anyways?.? You said it your self they help you even..

Replies

  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    Actually, it was just a tongue in cheek shot at another thread that got locked. Too much trolling going on there.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    Pitied maybe but certainly not shot.
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    Actually, it was just a tongue in cheek shot at another thread that got locked. Too much trolling going on there.

    consider this locked now that I commented.

    Trolling is also against the terms of service just to let you know. GET A LIFE!!!
  • markbshark
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?

    hes right- man up!!!

    the game is about building a real town- not 50 of the same houses.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?

    It was a JOKE. Apparently a bad one.
  • Javii420
    55 posts
    edited November 2013
    Report(nothing will happen, how can farming b cheating, ur town may look like * but that's....) them , take them of ur friends list, I doubt they will rlly care lol
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited November 2013
    Javii420 wrote:
    Report(nothing will happen, how can farming b cheating, ur town may look like * but that's....) them , take them of ur friends list, I doubt they will rlly care lol

    yup, because that makes alot of sense.
  • markbshark
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    No, the game is about anything you want it to be. It is about creating a simulated town that you can interact with. If your town wants to have 5000 blue houses and you think that looks good then more power to you. If you are like me and want to have one of everything and make it look like a nice, pleasing environment then awesome.

    The point is, you can't exactly call something that has been a part of the game since release cheating. That's where you and Josh go over the line. I almost ready to agree with you about the tile thing until you mentioned house farming as cheating.

    But, because this is a family forum and the game is inherently all about cooperation, I will thank you for your opinion and simply agree to disagree.
  • markbshark
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    markbshark wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?

    It was a JOKE. Apparently a bad one.

    No, it was a good joke that made me laugh until I got to the post about somebody taking it seriously. It just threw me off.
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    No, the game is about anything you want it to be. It is about creating a simulated town that you can interact with. If your town wants to have 5000 blue houses and you think that looks good then more power to you. If you are like me and want to have one of everything and make it look like a nice, pleasing environment then awesome.

    The point is, you can't exactly call something that has been a part of the game since release cheating. That's where you and Josh go over the line. I almost ready to agree with you about the tile thing until you mentioned house farming as cheating.

    But, because this is a family forum and the game is inherently all about cooperation, I will thank you for your opinion and simply agree to disagree.

    So you know i was right about the tiles but because you dont like what i said about house farmers you now disagree with me entirely. thats just being childish my man.

    and theres a limit on items in town, so 5000 houses is just silly. how long have you benn playing for?
  • markbshark
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    No, the game is about anything you want it to be. It is about creating a simulated town that you can interact with. If your town wants to have 5000 blue houses and you think that looks good then more power to you. If you are like me and want to have one of everything and make it look like a nice, pleasing environment then awesome.

    The point is, you can't exactly call something that has been a part of the game since release cheating. That's where you and Josh go over the line. I almost ready to agree with you about the tile thing until you mentioned house farming as cheating.

    But, because this is a family forum and the game is inherently all about cooperation, I will thank you for your opinion and simply agree to disagree.

    So you know i was right about the tiles but because you dont like what i said about house farmers you now disagree with me entirely. thats just being childish my man.

    and theres a limit on items in town, so 5000 houses is just silly. how long have you benn playing for?

    Ok. Thank you for the input.
  • 83jonrotton1
    218 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    markbshark wrote:
    No, the game is about anything you want it to be. It is about creating a simulated town that you can interact with. If your town wants to have 5000 blue houses and you think that looks good then more power to you. If you are like me and want to have one of everything and make it look like a nice, pleasing environment then awesome.

    The point is, you can't exactly call something that has been a part of the game since release cheating. That's where you and Josh go over the line. I almost ready to agree with you about the tile thing until you mentioned house farming as cheating.

    But, because this is a family forum and the game is inherently all about cooperation, I will thank you for your opinion and simply agree to disagree.

    So you know i was right about the tiles but because you dont like what i said about house farmers you now disagree with me entirely. thats just being childish my man.

    and theres a limit on items in town, so 5000 houses is just silly. how long have you benn playing for?

    Ok. Thank you for the input.

    your welcome my man and you can stop PM'ing me- grow up and i'll report it if you keepm it up
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    markbshark wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?



    It was a JOKE. Apparently a bad one.

    I thought it was funny. I lol'ed. :mrgreen:
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    markbshark wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    It's obviously cheating. Your friends who house farm deserve to be shot on the spot.

    So, I know this thread was started as a joke relating to the now closed cheating poll thread, but are you @#$% serious that you think house farming is cheating? If EA thought it was cheating, don't you think they would have limited the number of houses that could be built?

    Sorry, I was just totally shocked by that comment. And I don't house farm. I play this game because I like creating pseudo-realistic environments and row after row of blue houses is not aesthetically pleasing. But still man, really? Cheating?



    It was a JOKE. Apparently a bad one.


    I thought it was funny. I lol'ed. :mrgreen:

    Thanx. Should be visiting you shortly. Or did I just visit you. I feel like I have The Ballad of Dwight Fry stuck in my head.
  • markbshark
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    markbshark wrote:
    markbshark wrote:
    No, the game is about anything you want it to be. It is about creating a simulated town that you can interact with. If your town wants to have 5000 blue houses and you think that looks good then more power to you. If you are like me and want to have one of everything and make it look like a nice, pleasing environment then awesome.

    The point is, you can't exactly call something that has been a part of the game since release cheating. That's where you and Josh go over the line. I almost ready to agree with you about the tile thing until you mentioned house farming as cheating.

    But, because this is a family forum and the game is inherently all about cooperation, I will thank you for your opinion and simply agree to disagree.

    So you know i was right about the tiles but because you dont like what i said about house farmers you now disagree with me entirely. thats just being childish my man.


    and theres a limit on items in town, so 5000 houses is just silly. how long have you benn playing for?

    Ok. Thank you for the input.

    your welcome my man and you can stop PM'ing me- grow up and i'll report it if you keepm it up

    OK so, for the record, I have not sent you a single PM. And you apparently don't understand sarcasm.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    Hasn't anyone ever been to a suburban area in the US. A lot of them are hundreds of the same houses, one next to the other. Here is a real life house farm:
    residential-suburb_san_francisco.jpg
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited November 2013
    Javii420 wrote:
    Report(nothing will happen, how can farming b cheating, ur town may look like * but that's....) them , take them of ur friends list, I doubt they will rlly care lol

    yup, because that makes alot of sense.

    It does if you are 13 and your only contact with English is text messaging and a drunken monkey. Also, "a lot" for the win.
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    Haven't anyone ever been to a suburban area in the US. A lot of them are hundreds of the same houses, one next to the other. Here is a real life house farm:
    residential-suburb_san_francisco.jpg

    I like the picture you used to illustrate your point:)

    House farming is a quick but ugly way to make money, but I don't think that it's cheating. If someone wants to fill half their screen with the same houses, that's their choice. I just don't think that it's being very creative and I wouldn't do it in my Springfield.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.