EA Forums - Banner

Can't get into game since update :(

Replies

• Redcoat1705
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Can get on on my iPhone, but not on my iPad! It just gets to the Gracie screen and then closes! It was just a little update, why all this trouble.....
  • Mogkupo
    2 posts
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here, just bought a scratch card, got charged, then it crashed, about an hour ago

Can't pass the Gracie screen
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Still can't get into the game. If I delete it and reinstall it will I lose my game?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    Still can't get into the game. If I delete it and reinstall it will I lose my game?

If your town is linked to your origin acc., then no. You can log in to your town from any device, that has TSTO on it.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    STILL can't get in. This is the longest I've ever had trouble getting into the game in over a year. Reinstalled the game and no dice. I keep getting asked for my Apple ID too... :(
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited November 2013
    The game through all the Halloween event used to freeze suddenly. Now it freezes in the first 1/4 of a minute. I fear that we might even have another harp of death month soon again if problems like that don't resolve by the Xmas update.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So I still can't get into my game :( I'm getting game notifications but game won't open :( what do I do?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • marcbjr2
    50 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have the same problem. The only thing I haven't tried is to factory reset my phone and I'd like to avoid that if possible.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I just updated my iPad and still no luck! ****!?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    having the same problem since I bought
    that dam*n golden ticket! Over a week
    having this problem and still nothing coming
    out from EA! I am able to load my
    town on my friend's ipad but not on my
    iPhone. I'll never buy another donut!

using iphone 4 with iOS 7.0.4
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, tried to buy a donut scratch card now game is screwed :( other people are visiting my town but I can't get in!
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    Does EA post any statement about that issue?
  • tedeckel2259
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    purchased a scratch ticket and when i pressed "enter" to confirm purchase, game froze on my iPad. rebooted, no dice. reinstalled game, nothing. will not play on my iPad. it will play on my iPhone.

hope they get this figured out.

• HALStrange
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    For the first time I tried to buy a Golden Scratcher but the game kept saying it hadn't downloaded yet. It looked like it was finally coming through and the game crashed. Now I can't get anything to load.
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Looks like a big issue since so many people have had the same problem, is ea fixing this?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    EA stay mute as a tomb about this!
  • Lexen83
    18 posts
    edited November 2013
    Still have the same problem. No response from EA yet..
  • dirrtydawg09
    11 posts
    edited November 2013
    STILL no fix???? This is madness. Everyone in the same boat (making a purchase, game crashes, can't get past Fox screen, prompted for iTunes password on occasion) yet EA haven't released a fix?

This is what I've done:

Plugged in my iPhone to my laptop. Synced successfully.
    Viewed my 'Apps' screen on the laptop in iTunes library. Uninstalled TSTO. Synced.
    Unplugged my device, hard reset. When restarted, plugged back into my laptop. Synced.
    Viewed my 'Apps' screen on the laptop and re-installed TSTO (was still Halloween as hadn't backed up since 24/10). Synced.
    Pending download available in App store. Downloaded update.
    Started TSTO. It downloaded new updates.
    Logged in. Was warned that 'My other device didn't save your Springfield. Please log in there before continuing' - I don't have another device so I clicked 'Play Now'. It warned me that I may have lost data. I'm in.... everything seems up to date, minus the Golden Scratchcard.
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    ok, I got into the game, so here what i've done :
    I had Halloween version into my itune, on my computer.
    I deleted the game on my iphone and synchronized my phone with my itune snd installed the halloween version.
    When I opened the apps on my phone, the usual update process began. I had to log into my itune account to have the update. After the download was completed, i stArted it again and another update download began, saying 0mb/200.5mb.
    And that works for me. I've been prompt again into the game to log in my itune, i just pressed canceled and goes on.
    I closed the app and i could get back in as usual.
    I'm using iphone 4 with iOS 7.0.4
    I hope i am clear enough with those explanations, i use to speak french!
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok gonna try this now, if no luck will have to contact EA :(
    Playing since Aug 2011
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.