EA Forums - Banner

Can't get into game since update :(

13Next

Replies

• forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Didn't work for me as I had no update. Maybe I need to wait for the next update?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Submitted a support ticket to EA today and got a reply just now saying:

Please follow these steps one by one, after each step check if the app works:
    1. Update your device software
    2. Check for App updates
    3. Install another App from the App Store
    4. Restart the App
    5. Restart your device
    6. Re-install the affected app

( * For detailed information on the steps that I have provided you, please consider visiting the following link :
    https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps )

If you are still facing crashing/freezing issue, please follow the next set of steps:
    1. Install Simpsons Tapped Out on a second device, or borrow a device with TSTO installed from a friend.
    - It can be an iOS or an Android device.
    - If you borrow a device, make sure your friend plays TSTO with an Origin account and not anonymous, or logging in on your own account could possibly make them lose their saved game.
    2. Once the login screen shows up on the second device, use your account's email and password to log into your Origin account.
    3. On the second device, you should now be able to log into the town and play the game normally.
    4. In order to fix the issue on you primary device, please perform the following actions on the second device:
    - Collect all quests and house/business money
    - Now, select the “Friends” button and head to the “Other Town”
    - Once in the other town and perform the standard 3 actions.
    - Now head back to the Friends Screen and select “Log Out”
    5. Head back into your main device, launch The Simpsons Tapped Out and log into your Origin account if prompted to do so.
    6. You should now be able to log into your game with out issues.
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Holy * balls! My eyes! How does anyone play this game on an phone screen!!?
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • forbiddeneve
    293 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok, the fix EA gave me didnt work...
    Playing since Aug 2011
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    you tried with an older version and it did not updated? try again but before putting your old simpson app version on your device, log off from itune and wait for the app to prompt for log in and log into your itune then.

and yes some people play this on a phone screen... i do so for more than a year lol.
  • Lexen83
    18 posts
    edited November 2013
    Submitted a support ticket to EA today and got a reply just now saying:

Please follow these steps one by one, after each step check if the app works:
    1. Update your device software
    2. Check for App updates
    3. Install another App from the App Store
    4. Restart the App
    5. Restart your device
    6. Re-install the affected app

( * For detailed information on the steps that I have provided you, please consider visiting the following link :
    https://help.ea.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps )

If you are still facing crashing/freezing issue, please follow the next set of steps:
    1. Install Simpsons Tapped Out on a second device, or borrow a device with TSTO installed from a friend.
    - It can be an iOS or an Android device.
    - If you borrow a device, make sure your friend plays TSTO with an Origin account and not anonymous, or logging in on your own account could possibly make them lose their saved game.
    2. Once the login screen shows up on the second device, use your account's email and password to log into your Origin account.
    3. On the second device, you should now be able to log into the town and play the game normally.
    4. In order to fix the issue on you primary device, please perform the following actions on the second device:
    - Collect all quests and house/business money
    - Now, select the “Friends” button and head to the “Other Town”
    - Once in the other town and perform the standard 3 actions.
    - Now head back to the Friends Screen and select “Log Out”
    5. Head back into your main device, launch The Simpsons Tapped Out and log into your Origin account if prompted to do so.
    6. You should now be able to log into your game with out issues.

That's all nonesense..
    If I put my iDevice in airplane mode (thus cutting off any acces to the internet) it still crashes.
    It should display the screen of Bart pulling the electricity cord, but it just crashes.
    Thus, the problem does not reside on the server, it resides on the app+device. They should put a new version in the appstore with a fix.
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    they should and they do not! It's a shame!
  • KingOfMadProps
    13 posts
    edited November 2013
    Had the same issue all day today. Bought balloons and tried to buy a golden scratcher and crashed with no going back in...ugh.
  • SKormyer
    7 posts
    edited November 2013
    i have this problem since November 7th! but read my post above, I find something that worked for me...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.