EA Forums - Banner

The Tap of Shame Thread

Replies

• jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited November 2013
    I nearly tapped my last handshake on Channel 6 while using Bluestacks. As anyone who uses it knows, the controls are a pain in the **** using a touchpad and having the handshakes right in the landing zone is dangerous.
  • nshonsky5150
    25 posts
    edited November 2013
    Finally! My 3.5 day "probation" is over! Back to collecting tiles!
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited November 2013
    Only two types of people......those that HAVE tapped it by accident and those that WILL tap it by accident.
    Done it twice myself on SquidPort and once on Channel 6. Sometimes I wonder just what it is that keeps me playing this somewhat bizarre game :roll:
  • mlc19821975
    63 posts
    edited November 2013
    I tapped my corn by mistake this weekend! I was so pissed! Oh well, brewed some moonshine up fast with witch Marge.
  • Jeroent1986
    31 posts
    edited November 2013
    3 handshakes on a tile left, did only one tap, all gone!

Edit: growing corn since a day or three. I hope it wont happen there.
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Just for clarity for the newer players, as I'm a little confused...

Should you not collect on Squidport, Farm and Channel 6, and only collect on handshakes (always leaving 1)?

Also - if you grow corn by accident, just put the farm in storage and it will cancel the crop.
  • anonymous958
    205 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Guilty... twice (different towns). 3 days?!?! THREE??!?!?

:twisted:
  • mutibabe
    61 posts
    edited November 2013
    I don't think any of the friends I have keep hands open on Squidport. I've checked every time I do a run through friend's towns and haven't seen any to tap onto to help.

I didn't actually know how to do this "glitch" myself until reading Phonedave's post above. Luckily I've had one sitting there recently while I focused on actually designing up my Krustyland.
  • kayyjay12
    28 posts
    edited November 2013
    Why is everyone so upset about tapping their corn? I've been growing corn for a month and I can click on the farm with no problem. It just has the amount of time left like every other task. Am I missing something?
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    kayyjay12 wrote:
    Why is everyone so upset about tapping their corn? I've been growing corn for a month and I can click on the farm with no problem. It just has the amount of time left like every other task. Am I missing something?

They are talking about after the corn is ready. You are able to accumulate multiple handshakes in a manner similar to the tile tapper glitch. So if you tap the last handshake, you are out for another 90 days until you grow more corn.
  • Oatmeal832
    570 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Just accidentally tapped my tile. 3.5 days until the next one! :oops:
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited November 2013
    i asked my hubby to collect all my xp and $$ aty the weekend and before i could scream "NOOOOOOOO" he clicked my tile :(

so i built a new one for 2.5 days..... and in a sleepy daze... tapped it.

argh

3 days to build again.

not cool
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited November 2013
    I haven't done it yet, but I'm just assuming I will. So this is a preemptive post. :x
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited November 2013
    cdepast wrote:
    Just for clarity for the newer players, as I'm a little confused...

Should you not collect on Squidport, Farm and Channel 6, and only collect on handshakes (always leaving 1)?

Also - if you grow corn by accident, just put the farm in storage and it will cancel the crop.

YEP, dont collect and leave one handshake
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited November 2013
    Was scoping the land out to see where I wanted to move things to and accidentally put me finger on the tile when trying to scroll the screen across.... Doh!

Put another up to build, 2 days and change left... Oh well :)

FeeFye
  • selbel2000
    77 posts
    edited November 2013
    Joining the ranks on this thread, just knocked my tile and now I'm maxed out so no more xp boosting for me :cry:

Completely blaming the cricket, been awake since 4am to see England's batting collapse. Sleep deprivation has got the better of me. (Apologies to non-English and non-Australian players who probably don't know what I'm on about)!
  • EvolWayz
    63 posts
    edited November 2013
    Oh same here!!! I happened right after I spent the time writings out "Tap Squidport Tile PLZ!! GET 650XP" in shrubbery....you literally do the Hollywood slow motion "NOOOOOOOOOOO" haha...gotta wait another day until I can get back to it

ew
  • heidioosthui
    113 posts
    edited November 2013
    Did mine a week ago. Don't drink and tap!
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I finally hit the three day tile wait recently!
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited November 2013
    Accidentally tapped the last handshake on a tile :(
    Am now waiting 3 days for the next one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.