EA Forums - Banner

Conform-o-meter Star Rating

How the conformity star rating operates is the biggest mystery of the game. I doubt even the developers know.

Replies

• Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    That's how I had to do it. I think I had to build 4 Kwik E Marts in my Springfield to get the 5 stars.

At first I didn't have any land, so I made Apu's Kwik E Mart then literally built right across from it an even nicer Kwik E Mart (something Apu joked about on one episode).
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    No clue. Its some sort of crazy 1950s algorithm. :P
    Is there anyone out there?
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    It took me 5 Quick-Marts to get to 5 star consumerism. And 3 Gulp and Blows and 2 Krusty Burgers to get to 5 star gluttony.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I have not even tried. My own rating, except when it dips due to the righteousness component, is at 4.5 and that's fine with me. In order to get to 5 you have to purchase multiple Kwik-E-Marts and Krusty Burgers.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    dcline414 wrote:
    How the heck do you get to five stars? I currently have 4.5 stars, with 5 stars in all categories except only 4 stars for gluttony and consumerism. I have built everything up through the city hall, have 3 QEMs, 2 krusty's and 2 G&****, but can't get these two categories up to 5 stars.

Is building more of these same restaurants and shops the only way to get to 5 stars overall? And why does 38/40 stars (95%) not round up to 5 stars instead of 4.5 (90%)?

Mine is 3* for consumerism and has been since the update to obtain level 23. I have all food/drink buildings built such as Luigi's, skip's diner, java server.

I have 2 KB, 2 K-E-M and 2 G&B's.
    It would seem that I would need to increase each one to three to gain the 5* rating.
    But surely 2 of each is enough? My prefs would only be 1 of each.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • bwagner16
    79 posts
    edited November 2012
    I agree
    My wife and I play. she has 5 stars and I don't. We both only built the buildings we were told to by the game.
    I tried adding more , nothing changed.
    O well. Not to worried. I hear the percentages don't affect anything due to a bug
  • KingVicc
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    The answer is: FRANCHISES. haha build krusty burgers and kwik-e-marts all over. To be honest I doubt the bonus even works. I know it doesn't with premium items. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. But try building more shops. I built them as if they were gas stations that way it makes sense (gas stations within 2 land expansions of each other, and a kwik-e-mart in the middle of each one).
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    KingVicc wrote:
    The answer is: FRANCHISES. haha build krusty burgers and kwik-e-marts all over. To be honest I doubt the bonus even works. I know it doesn't with premium items. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. But try building more shops. I built them as if they were gas stations that way it makes sense (gas stations within 2 land expansions of each other, and a kwik-e-mart in the middle of each one).

Actually, the conformity bonus does work. You can check this yourself fairly easily.
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    Actually, the conformity bonus does work. You can check this yourself fairly easily.
    Yes, the star bonus works correctly. It's every other bonus (from premium items) that doesn't actually give you anything.
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited November 2012
    I really don't want multiple Kwik-E-Marts and Krusty Burgers in my Springfield. It's too bad the star rating forces you to make multiple buildings to achieve five stars. Maybe I'll add more when I max out the land, but probably not before.

I also don't want to bother doing this when my righteousness constantly fluctuates between zero and five stars. If it seemed more stable and reliable, maybe I would try to build more sooner.
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited November 2012
    Glad I found this thread...

When my Springfield went AWOL six week ago, I was level 22 with 5 stars all across the board.

The game was recovered by EA the other day and I immediately leveled up to 23, and I my Conform-O-Meter took a nosedive.

The Righteousness scale was at 1.5 (which is what obviously happens when you don't/can't play for a month and a half...!), Obedience dropped to 4 stars, and Consumerism went down to 3 stars.

A few days of cleaning graffiti later, the Righteousness rating is back up to five, and I was able to get the Obedience meter maxed out again by buying a few stop signs and "Hail Ants" signs.

But, Consumerism is frozen at 3 stars.

Before, I needed to buy all the stores, including three Kwik-E-Marts to get the rating to five. (Bought three Gulp N' Blows to get the Gluttony meter to five as well.)

Now, it looks like I'll need to spring for more Kwik-E-Marts....

I've already got too many...

(Wow.... A Kwik-E-Mart farm.... How many of those are out there...! ;) )
  • woodychips134
    68 posts
    edited November 2012

I couldn't figure out how to get 5 stars across the board and it was driving me nuts. The obedience level was my problem. It wasn't till I put in 20+ stop signs that everything became 5 star.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    But, Consumerism is frozen at 3 stars.
    Yes, still stuck at 3*

9808350a7fdce96907bde1aff57d8cac.jpg
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    If I need to buy umpteen Kwik-e-Marts in order to boost my consumerism rating to 5, forget it. This is a case where aesthetics trumps money. It's just a measly 0.5% bump in my case.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've never even seen a 5 star town... Although IMHO, I feel like the amount of kwik e marts and krusty burgers needed for a 5 star town makes it look uglier than a 4 star town with one of each.
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012
    Wait the glided truffle, skips dinner, lungs etc do count towards gluttony right?
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    If I need to buy umpteen Kwik-e-Marts in order to boost my consumerism rating to 5, forget it. This is a case where aesthetics trumps money. It's just a measly 0.5% bump in my case.
    Yeah, bonuses round up anyway. A 4.5% bonus on $100 is already $5, so the difference is nearly meaningless. I just wanted to get there, but can't justify any more KEMs.

Wonder why they don't have more shops, even if they are expensive like the post office.
  • cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone tested wether or not making your citizens frequent each one of the establishments where applicable helps at all? Instead of just making them all go to the quick e mart or just to Krusty. Just a thought :?:
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012

Same here. 4.5% is good enough, my Springfield's far too small for multiple KEMs and KBs.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Has anyone tested wether or not making your citizens frequent each one of the establishments where applicable helps at all? Instead of just making them all go to the quick e mart or just to Krusty. Just a thought :?:

I have them go to ALL the dining establishments because of the different times for those tasks, but the gluttony rating remains low. I keep hoping there will be other businesses to boost that rating.

@IconicCharm: the Truffle, the Diner, Java, bakery, Luigi's are all eating establishments, but seem to add bupkis to the rating.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.