EA Forums - Banner

opps I hit the last handshake on sp tile

Prev1
Boo, that sucks.

I know that I passed the tile limit yesterday. My SP is up in a corner with Ch6 and the farm, so I move really slowly when I'm in that area, because I don't want to clear any of them out. I'll only tap the SP buildings when I have two handshakes on everything, seems to have worked out well so far. Since 'tilegate' started, I've only had to build two tiles.

Replies

• Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    How many tiles is there before u max out?
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..

I think it's closer to 150, isn't it?
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..
    fastdan1 wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..

So if you don't touch your last handshake, you can exceed the tile limit?
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have neighbors where all the water is covered. Originally you could only have 154. But as long as you don't accidentally tap it out after 154, you can keep making more.
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..
    fastdan1 wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:
    170 I think..

So if you don't touch your last handshake, you can exceed the tile limit?
    Yes i just cant remember the limit..
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    I have neighbors where all the water is covered. Originally you could only have 154. But as long as you don't accidentally tap it out after 154, you can keep making more.

Sweet.... Hope I don't accidentally touch it...
  • excelsior0808
    98 posts
    edited November 2013
    I just hit mine, too, and I swear I was nowhere near the GD thing! Now I have to wait 3 days before I can resume glitch exploitation.
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I just hit mine, too, and I swear I was nowhere near the GD thing! Now I have to wait 3 days before I can resume glitch exploitation.

But once you hit it (accidentally touch your last handshake), are u able to get more tiles after the limit hits.

I wonder of you can store the extra tiles in your inventory for later use (after you exceed the tile limit)?
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:

But once you hit it (accidentally touch your last handshake), are u able to get more tiles after the limit hits.

I wonder of you can store the extra tiles in your inventory for later use (after you exceed the tile limit)?
    If you are past the ljmit after you hit your last you cant make more.. save the last one it will go past it..
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:

If you are past the ljmit after you hit your last you cant make more.. save the last one it will go past it..

What ever tiles you saved (let's say you have 30 tiles in inventory & u have 184 in total) in inventory, you can still use those later right....or is the maximum you can lay on SP is 154?
  • Trieste53
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My handshake disappeared with the new update and I can't make anymore. I tried putting them all in storage but still can't make any. I have 161. :(
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:

What ever tiles you saved (let's say you have 30 tiles in inventory & u have 184 in total) in inventory, you can still use those later right....or is the maximum you can lay on SP is 154?

You can cover the water with tiles. You can have more than there is water. With this glitch anyways. I believe it takes 380 tiles to cover the water.
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Trieste53 wrote:
    My handshake disappeared with the new update and I can't make anymore. I tried putting them all in storage but still can't make any. I have 161. :(

Hmmm that sucks.... So I guess the handshake only remains when you are under 154 tiles. Once you go over, then there is no more tiles. I need to get as many as possible before the Christmas update comes up next month.
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    Vs1976 wrote:

Forget about inventory versus placed tiles--that doesn't matter at all. If you build the tiles traditionally, you max out at 151. If you are using the glitch, the number of tiles you can acquire is unlimited as long as you built the original tile before you reached 151. So, if you accidentally tap your original tile (i.e. last handshake) you cannot build a new one if you're over the 151 tile limit. People have accumulated over 400 tiles which is more than the ~390 tiles that will fit on the ocean currently available.
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have 65 tiles in storage,I haven't counted how many total I have out. but it won't let me make any more now. I've reached the set limit. I understand as long as you leave that last handshake you can make unlimited tiles. so my advice to everyone is only tap handshakes when you have more than 2 always leave 2.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    so my advice to everyone is only tap handshakes when you have more than 2 always leave 2.
    Sound advice, but unfortunately there are a lot of players who can't have more than two handshakes on their tile. We just have to use a lot of caution. (Example: I'll switch to rearrange mode before moving around my town if I'm worried about inadvertently tapping my squidport while doing something else. Sometimes I'll temporarily relocate my farm before I tap it, so I don't run the risk of tapping SP instead.)
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I accidentally hit my last handshake, I'm stuck at 157. :(
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    I accidentally tapped my last handshake twice... (Once I don't even know how I tapped it since I was not even close to the tile, I mean I could not even see it!) I now leave two handshakes on SP tile. I love the extra tiles but even more the XP given by the tiles. I have a friend that has all the water covered by tiles and who still has a tile up ready to be tapped so I am assuming you can store a lot of tiles for future expand.
  • micki1968
    23 posts
    edited November 2013
    I was just visiting my neighbors and I tapped a tile, then went to their krustyland, came back to SF and the tile was available again. I was able to tap my neighbors tile 3 times this way. Has anyone else tried this?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!