EA Forums - Banner

Should I tap my corn or not?

Prev1
Yes, you can get multiple handshakes. Yes, full payout every time. Yes, it could wither but a friend should be able to bring it back. (I think it takes a week to wither. You could still rake in a whole lot of cash in a week)
I kind of wish I had nearly-ready corn. But I never made that commitment.

Replies

• gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    Yes, you can get multiple handshakes. Yes, full payout every time. Yes, it could wither but a friend should be able to bring it back. (I think it takes a week to wither. You could still rake in a whole lot of cash in a week)
    I kind of wish I had nearly-ready corn. But I never made that commitment.

So once it withers the only one that can bring it back is a friend? If I tap it after it withers will I get nothing at all from my 90 day wait?
  • Killabob5447
    23 posts
    edited November 2013
    Oh my gods! I have the same issue but replace moonshine with perfection. So my corn is ready in 6 days!

And to original poster,
    I saw in other towns they make a word block in the spawn screen like TAP MY TILE so that the friends do that. So even if u have a couple friends who visit a day they would all click it.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    If I am correct corn withers after 7 days. Every tap resets the timer so try to put it at the landing area with a sign.
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Do the neighbours who tap the corn get mega xp as well?
  • lizmackint252
    10 posts
    edited November 2013
    If you need more neighbours to tap the corn I have room to add you. Even if you do support the cats instead of Richmond ;)
  • mlc19821975
    63 posts
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    Do the neighbours who tap the corn get mega xp as well?

I believe the only mega XP is for the SP tile.

I have a few slots left and would be happy to tap your corn if you tap my moonshine and Channel 6 and Stage.
    :)
    mlc19821975
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    If you need more neighbours to tap the corn I have room to add you. Even if you do support the cats instead of Richmond ;)

Ok you can add me if you want. Richmond is my second team anyway ;)

Corn will not be ready for a few days though :)

Edit: I added you
  • aljimo
    124 posts
    edited November 2013
    I added you as well. I need more tile and cletus tapping friends. I'm tired of handshakes on my Simpsons house.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    If I am correct corn withers after 7 days. Every tap resets the timer so try to put it at the landing area with a sign.
    Actually, the timer doesn't reset. My moonshine wilts every day even if multiple people tap it. But then when someone taps it again, it comes back to life. (If I tap it myself, it goes away and I have to plant again.)
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    Actually, the timer doesn't reset. My moonshine wilts every day even if multiple people tap it. But then when someone taps it again, it comes back to life. (If I tap it myself, it goes away and I have to plant again.)

So if my corn ever wilts I just need a friend to tap it to resurrect it? And I get the money and xp reward for every handshake? Seems to good to be true ;)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    So if my corn ever wilts I just need a friend to tap it to resurrect it? And I get the money and xp reward for every handshake? Seems to good to be true ;)
    Yep, yep, and big yep! If I'd started growing three months ago, I'd be jumping for joy. Price I pay for my lack of patience, I guess. But, I do get something from moonshine and (especially) Channel Ocho. (when I don't accidentally tap the last handshake trying to collect without tapping my last SP tile and have to start the broadcast again, like today. At least the tile is still up.)
    On the other hand, if I did have the corn and I accidentally cleared that instead of it sitting there making me embarrassingly large stacks of money, I would probably have a moment of wanting to throw myself off a bridge. I'm annoyed with myself about having to wait another 24 hours for Ocho. Three months? hoo boy :roll:
    Anyways, enjoy the bounty.
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited November 2013
    I was lucky and had my corn finish last week. Thanks to a crazy multiplier I get around 130k XP for every handshake :) did not know it can still die though even if getting handshakes.
  • -Spooky-II-
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:

Yes! :D My corn was ready last sunday and already got 6 donuts from bonuslevels thanks to my neighbours!

I will add you for some extra tapping, tap my corn and you will see how much XP/$ you get from tapping mine
  • carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Don't tap it! I always leave 2 handshakes in case of accidental tapping - so glad I did as I have tapped while trying to tap a character too close to the farm, you tap your last handshake you have to start all over again, it hasn't withered yet as I get enough shakes daily, each time you log into your town you can receive one handshake but no more until you log out and back in again.
    The payout is awesome :)
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:

Yes! :D My corn was ready last sunday and already got 6 donuts from bonuslevels thanks to my neighbours!

I will add you for some extra tapping, tap my corn and you will see how much XP/$ you get from tapping mine

Thanks for the add, you have a beautiful town - I love your park with the fountain in the middle as well as your movie/TV studio.

I tapped your squid port tile and corn farm. Just got the normal xp for the corn but happy to help! My corn will be ready for my neighbours to tap in 3 days. Knowing my luck there will be an update just before then to fix the glitch!!
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:
    My corn will be ready to harvest in a few days. Ive been waiting a long time for it and am really looking forward to harvesting it when it's finished and collecting the money and xp before finally stating the 'grow moonshine' task that has been sitting in my task book for months.

But the question is, just like the tile glitch, if you leave it I understand that if your neighbours tap it you will get multiple handshakes? Does that mean you get the full money and xp reward again and again when you touch each neighbours handshake (like you get a tile each time at the squid port?). If you leave it too long and nobody taps it will it spoil meaning you won't get any reward at all?
    Sorry if this has been brought up in other threads but I could not find a definite answer (and I'm a constant lurker on this board!)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

I've sent you a friend request. Happy to tap corn if you will do my tile etc. Make sure the farm is on the landing Zone or by Squidport then folk will see it.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    cjryder625 wrote:

I've sent you a friend request. Happy to tap corn if you will do my tile etc. Make sure the farm is on the landing Zone or by Squidport then folk will see it.

Accepted :)
  • -Spooky-II-
    16 posts
    edited November 2013
    gocatters wrote:

Thanks for the add, you have a beautiful town - I love your park with the fountain in the middle as well as your movie/TV studio.

I tapped your squid port tile and corn farm. Just got the normal xp for the corn but happy to help! My corn will be ready for my neighbours to tap in 3 days. Knowing my luck there will be an update just before then to fix the glitch!!

Thanks! I will tap your corn when its ready. Dont forget to ALWAYS leave 1 handshake otherwise your corn is harvested ans you will have to start over again...
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Add me too. I'll help.
  • ashertye450
    77 posts
    edited November 2013
    Now I can't wait for the 2weeks and change before my corn is ready. Witch Marge is going to be busy.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.