EA Forums - Banner

very confused about tiles

Prev1
Once your tile is ready and floating above SquidPort entrance DO NOT tap it. Your neighbors will visit and tap and you will notice the handshakes accumulate. You can carefully try to clear out some taps but leave at least 2 handshakes to keep it going. You will not have to buy another tile

Replies

• edited November 2013
    It's very helpful. I wish I hadn't bought so many with my own cash. I've used the glitch for a bit now and have over 50 and still growing! :D
  • blueathena62
    114 posts
    edited November 2013
    Maybe someone can clear this up, but it seems to me that the more tiles you already have, the higher the XP for your friends.

Also, you can tap your friends' tiles 3 times if you exit out of their town between taps.
  • Pseudonumon
    101 posts
    edited November 2013
    Maybe someone can clear this up, but it seems to me that the more tiles you already have, the higher the XP for your friends.

Also, you can tap your friends' tiles 3 times if you exit out of their town between taps.

This is true but your friend will only get one tile out of the deal while you get all the extra XP, unless you are coordinated with the friend and they clear your handshake after each tap.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    It's not a glitch. It's intentional to encourage social interaction.
  • LinusB09
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So....

1. cook up a tile.
    2. when it is ready, Do Not collect it.
    3. allow neighbors to tap it when they visit.
    4. allow handshakes to accumulate
    5. always leave 2 handshakes, but others may be collected.

Does this cover it? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks to those who explained.
  • mlc19821975
    63 posts
    edited November 2013
    The only bummer is if you are their first handshake and nobody else taps on your friends SP entrance. They will have to wait another day to get the next tile. If only they would listen to me and join this forum. Boohoo. LOL!
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    LinusB09 wrote:
    So....

1. cook up a tile.

that sums it up, yes

Helpful tip : remove any building that may be within range of the handshakes. It may cause you to accidentally tap your tile
  • weagle1294705
    291 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Mine seems to be limited to the first handshake and only one additional. No more than that will accumulate for me.
  • rwvolture
    1259 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Mine seems to be limited to the first handshake and only one additional. No more than that will accumulate for me.

same here which is why you have to periodically check and clear so others can tap. I'm averaging 2-3 tiles per day but that's still good
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    LinusB09 wrote:
    So....

1. cook up a tile.

False. Always leave 1 handshake. No need to leave 2. And if your game is glitching in the same way that mine is, you will never be able to acquire more than 2 handshakes at any given time. Tap 1 and leave 1. Let people keep tapping after. Keep collecting.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    rwvolture wrote:

same here which is why you have to periodically check and clear so others can tap. I'm averaging 2-3 tiles per day but that's still good
    Same. I've still gotten about 170 tiles since this thing began. (I seem to be having the same problem with my farm and Channel Ocho, as well. Again, still gotten a nice chunk of cash from those. Definitely getting the high-level buildings much faster than i could without help from my friends. :mrgreen: )
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited November 2013
    CoffeeMars wrote:
    LinusB09 wrote:
    So....

1. cook up a tile.

that sums it up, yes

Helpful tip : remove any building that may be within range of the handshakes. It may cause you to accidentally tap your tile

Thanks for that guys was wondering about this myself!
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

False. Always leave 1 handshake. No need to leave 2. And if your game is glitching in the same way that mine is, you will never be able to acquire more than 2 handshakes at any given time. Tap 1 and leave 1. Let people keep tapping after. Keep collecting.

Unless you're worried you might tap the last one by accident, as has been mentioned with nearby buildings. Many people consider the 2nd tile left there as 'insurance' just in case. Rather than risk having to wait days to rebuild it.
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm gonna get in on this tile party. Anyone want me to add them? I'm cleaning house on deadbeat friends.
  • MaxZeus
    77 posts
    edited November 2013
    Add me to the tile party. MaxZeus

My 8hr tile is being built now,after that I'm never building another.I've been tapping other tiles for a while not really understanding how it worried.
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited November 2013
    Now I get...thanks all!
  • lntpbhlnh237
    71 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mine will be ready in a day, I accidentally tapped mine. However there has to be at least one handshake and you can only get a max of three handshakes, I'm pretty sure so you have to clear the two in order for them to accumulate. but always leave one...now last night a buddy came over said his tile was ready so i used two other devices and clicked on his SP, no handshake, but when i did it again with one device it showed two handshakes so I don't know what happened but after that he was able to gain 4 tiles. so he lost out on two somehow.
  • MaxZeus
    77 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mine will be ready in a day, I accidentally tapped mine. However there has to be at least one handshake and you can only get a max of three handshakes, I'm pretty sure so you have to clear the two in order for them to accumulate. but always leave one...now last night a buddy came over said his tile was ready so i used two other devices and clicked on his SP, no handshake, but when i did it again with one device it showed two handshakes so I don't know what happened but after that he was able to gain 4 tiles. so he lost out on two somehow.

Thanks for the tip.

You can tap someones tile 3 times if you tap, leave their town, come back and tap, leave their town, and then come back and tap one last time.
  • lntpbhlnh237
    71 posts
    edited November 2013
    MaxZeus wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

You can tap someones tile 3 times if you tap, leave their town, come back and tap, leave their town, and then come back and tap one last time.

yup and mine is on the way of getting done
  • traceym64
    155 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Ok so now I know what to do...still learning.....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.