EA Forums - Banner

Pets!

Prev13
She is just adorable! She looks so relaxed and happy :)

Major cat person here - I grew up with them, but went without as an adult until the Christmas before last. Then we went to see a lady about a cat and one of the litter just LOVED us. She's officially called Tante Marie, after the chef, but is just as often called Fluffy Bum or Kitten Face.
Marie-1.jpg

She does the "paw over face" adorableness, like Tigersox! Usually when she's sleeping and disturbed. She's very much an outside cat; we built her a house outside - called "Kitty Towers", it's a 2-storey masterpiece (well, we like to think it is). She likes to sit on the flat part of the roof and peer over the fence into the neighbour's garden.
KittyTowers-1.jpg

She has a very human trait of reaching up to tap you on the shoulder if she wants something. It's always accompanied by a meow, and it kills me. Of all her toys, discarded straws are her favourite, and her favourite place is wherever we are. Even if that's the bathroom. :shock:

I've also had hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, and fish. I'd quite like to have fish again, but I gave up the space I had earmarked for a piano instead. Excellent decision though, that one. I love my piano.

Replies

• smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    Aww she is so pretty. I like her face patterns. And her house looks awesome, looks like she really enjoys it. I love the little ear tufts too!
    That is Exactly what Tigersox does! She wakes me up in the morning by tapping on me while I'm sleeping. And at first she will tap you like a human A few times, if you don't respond she will use her claws a little to pull your clothing. And anytime she wants something like to be pet she will come nuzzle her head under your hand or arm if you are not paying attention to her and follows me around the house like a dog.
    She get's very comfy laying on her pillow. She just does the most adorable things. If you hold her brush she will brush herself.
  • rbndnckr
    66 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have a few fish in my pool outside and a rabbit. I had an turtle but he escaped but we can't figure how he couldn't get out and the ground has a layer of plastic so he could not escape underground, he was an awesome pet named 'godzilla' :cry:
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    Aww. Could Godzilla have been taken by another animal maybe? As sad as that is.

It's terrible losing a pet in any way!

The dog I spoke of I had when I was a kid was a beautiful German Shepherd. Lucky his name was But he just had some screws loose in his head and he would attack people sometimes. He wasn't abused. He bit me at three different times. Bit a few other people. But most of the time it wasn't his fault. He bit my brothers friend when they were wrestling on the couch because he was protecting my brother. He bit a woman who's boyfriend had worked for my dad & he brought her to my dads collision shop after hours to "use" his desk and The dog must've thought it was an intruder. But after he bit me for the last time he was put down. A Cop shot him in the head.
  • rbndnckr
    66 posts
    edited November 2013
    Maybe he could have been taken by someone/something we'll never know

Wow! That's so sad to hear :cry: I know from friends that losing a dog is like losing a very good friend
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    She is just adorable! She looks so relaxed and happy :)

Major cat person here - I grew up with them, but went without as an adult until the Christmas before last. Then we went to see a lady about a cat and one of the litter just LOVED us. She's officially called Tante Marie, after the chef, but is just as often called Fluffy Bum or Kitten Face.
    Marie-1.jpg

She does the "paw over face" adorableness, like Tigersox! Usually when she's sleeping and disturbed. She's very much an outside cat; we built her a house outside - called "Kitty Towers", it's a 2-storey masterpiece (well, we like to think it is). She likes to sit on the flat part of the roof and peer over the fence into the neighbour's garden.
    KittyTowers-1.jpg

She has a very human trait of reaching up to tap you on the shoulder if she wants something. It's always accompanied by a meow, and it kills me. Of all her toys, discarded straws are her favourite, and her favourite place is wherever we are. Even if that's the bathroom. :shock:

I've also had hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, and fish. I'd quite like to have fish again, but I gave up the space I had earmarked for a piano instead. Excellent decision though, that one. I love my piano.

It's funny, your first picture looks like something you would see on a greeting card or something!
    P.S. I love the upturned whisker on the left side. Haha

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    This my Missus cat.

dbmihi.jpg
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited November 2013
    Aww all the cats are so cute!
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited November 2013
    My baby~
    dc7SRTB.jpg
    My other big baby, Rock, who died :cry::cry::cry:
    653oIW3.jpg
    My two cats together (this is rare, they hate each other and will attack whenever they have a chance)
    mzxBWDG.jpg
    Border Collie
    3KZn2jV.jpg

My other pets are sheep, chickens, a **** and a pig but I don't want to take up too much space with all the pics~
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Your dog rock was gorgeous, sad to hear, beautiful looking dog.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    smith3198 wrote:
    It's funny, your first picture looks like something you would see on a greeting card or something!
    P.S. I love the upturned whisker on the left side. Haha

Hah, thanks! I dabble in photography in my spare time, so every now and then I get one that looks decent.

Since that pic she's developed a "****" whisker on her right side - it's like a corkscrew at the end for about 1cm, and then wavy like hair. So, so strange.
    zicoboo wrote:
    My other pets are sheep, chickens, a **** and a pig but I don't want to take up too much space with all the pics~

I'm gonna have to demand a picture of the pig! I keep thinking a pig would make an amazing pet. Plus Marie loves pork and ham, so the idea of them running around the garden together is just funny to me. It'd have to be a very small pig, though. I'm not giving over my entire garden to mud.
  • Jax001100
    1004 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    phonephotos211212201_zps9f31848b.jpg
    My babies!
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    zicoboo wrote:
    GlHqUXw.jpg
    Here's my pig "Teddy". Not the best looking lol, but he's a good pet. Got him 7 years ago for Christmas, he's a kune kune and he makes an excellent lawn mower xD

Are you kidding? He's GORGEOUS! Look at that face! That is the very definition of the phrase "happy as a pig in s***". How can you look at that face and not have a huge grin yourself? I just wanna scratch behind his ears. Awww.
  • jrbl1896_199
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have always had scnauzers, however for the first time ever I have a giant schnauzer....Bertie Wooster
    fZ5lD3Q.png

And currently he has 2 sisters Libby and Squeak....who unfortunately hate each other....fortunately the place is big enough for the both of them

Libby:
    DFlcWpK.jpg

Squeak:
    6pekg2G.png
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    ArWHzy4.jpg

ahLq2Qw.jpg

My baby turtle! YBS EAMS
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    7 cats, 1 dog and two betas currently. Have had hermit crabs, hedgehogs, various others.. It's practically a zoo around my place...

All of my cats/dogs have been rescues, never bought a breeders animal, never will.

Naomi "Moe" - The trouble maker, found in a cat carrier in the middle of summer on the side of the road. (8/male)
    image.jpg

Kes "Aloof" - Found in a backyard, days old. They thought she was a skunk.. Like her nickname implies. Very aloof.(8/female)
    image.jpg

Worf "Worfie/Lt. Worf" - Shy, skittish, and terrified of birds. Found a few days old at a wharf, bloody and being attacked by seagulls. Other half of Naomi, also a troublemaker.(male/4)
    image.jpg

Patches "Human Hater" - Rescued from abusive home. Called Human Hater because she likes very few. (female/14)
    image.jpg

Sora "Ham" - Chubby, greedy and also rescued from an abusive home. (Was suppose to come with sister and brother, sister died from trauma, brother got loose and was never found) (female/4)
    image.jpg

Meeka "Sqeekers" - Thrown out of a car window on a drive by. Has severe brain damage, looks evil, loves cheese sauce, very cuddly, does not meow, only squeaks. (female/2)
    image.jpg

Stubby "Chubby" - Not fat, just because it rhymes, no tail, mangled legs, blind. Should be named lucky. Found in a snow bank with severe hypothermia. Also very cuddly.(female/aprox 10)
    image.jpg

Tess "Pesky" - Rescued from drug house. Very hyper Border Collie/ Pitbull mix. Loves people, very gentle. (female/7)
    image.jpg
  • zicoboo
    354 posts
    edited November 2013
    zicoboo wrote:
    GlHqUXw.jpg
    Here's my pig "Teddy". Not the best looking lol, but he's a good pet. Got him 7 years ago for Christmas, he's a kune kune and he makes an excellent lawn mower xD

Are you kidding? He's GORGEOUS! Look at that face! That is the very definition of the phrase "happy as a pig in s***". How can you look at that face and not have a huge grin yourself? I just wanna scratch behind his ears. Awww.
    Lol :lol:

He loves behind his ears and belly scratched :-)
  • smith3198
    688 posts
    edited November 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    This my Missus cat.

dbmihi.jpg

Oh my God she is so cute!

And all the other pets are really adorable.

The pig is awesome.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    This my Missus cat.

dbmihi.jpg

Just melts your heart :wink:
  • Helen0725
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I have 2 beautiful boys

qq3RKoUl.jpg

p.s. they sometimes like to watch me play TSTO
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.