EA Forums - Banner

Witch Marge Incapable of Speeding Corn?

For me it only works, when I speed up the 8h one (omg, I can't believe I forgot what it is called). I experience the same problems, when growing moonshine and triffides. When I start the task, it takes off 4h, but when she finishes it the 4h are added back to the clock.

Replies

• Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    My experience is the same with moonshine. The speed up crops effect does not seem to be additive.

It only works once, then it likes to put the time back. I can keep using Marge, but ultimately, it only wants to shave off 4 hours off the total time.

I've had to regrow moonshine a few times and it always ends up taking 20 hours. Yesterday it reverted back to 24 hours despite me having used Marge 3 times throughout the day. It was finally about to spawn after 20h when it again added another 4h for no reason. I dropped a hell naw, stored Moes to end her 12h task, brought her back, and restarted her speed crops task. Then the moonshine finished immediately.

Also, I've found that the crop likes to wilt 24h after its original intended spawn time rather than its accelerated spawn time. It's like the original grow time is hard-coded into it.
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited November 2013
    It works when the crop it's on it's final hours. Witch marge then will reduce the time by 50%
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm growing corn as well. I've been playing with it a little bit and what's worked so far is putting her for 4 hours. Send her on a short task then bring her back to corn
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    She seems to be working fine for me..if she didnt work like that then whats her point?.?
    I would msg EA about this if i was you..
    Good luck..
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    She seems to be working fine for me..if she didnt work like that then whats her point?.?
    I would msg EA about this if i was you..
    Good luck..

Yeah right. They can't even fix the bugs, that don't allow people to access their towns. I think those bugs have a higher priority. If I send EA a ticket about this, the earliest time I can hope for them to fix this, is next halloween, when they start reselling Witch Marge again.
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited November 2013
    I thought it was just me. I'll have to try sending her off to do something else for a bit. What was I thinking planting corn? Oh I know. I wasn't!
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I thought it was just me. I'll have to try sending her off to do something else for a bit. What was I thinking planting corn? Oh I know. I wasn't!
    store and put back the farm to reset it to nothing...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited November 2013
    Thank you. That just proves I wasn't thinking. I completely forgot I can do that.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Mopurglar wrote:
    It only works once, then it likes to put the time back. I can keep using Marge, but ultimately, it only wants to shave off 4 hours off the total time.

This is the same thing I'm experiencing. I wonder if it recently changed with any of the updates...?
    She seems to be working fine for me..if she didnt work like that then whats her point?.?.

Do you check in between giving her the task if the crop actually decreases? Or is it just decreasing and then going back to normal and maybe your not noticing? Double check and let me know if it still works and if so I guess EA might hear from me...

But reading this it looks like it works for some people and not others? Maybe platform issues?
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think i started growing corn 5 days ago..i have not been able to use her every 4 hours..but right now i have 1 day & a half off for my corn..so i guess thats good..still using her now..ill have a closer eye on her & let you know if more time is put back on or off..
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think i started growing corn 5 days ago..i have not been able to use her every 4 hours..but right now i have 1 day & a half off for my corn..so i guess thats good..still using her now..ill have a closer eye on her & let you know if more time is put back on or off..

Next time before you put her on task see how much time left, then wait till she starts the task and see how much time and then leave your town and come back and see how much time left and see if it changes.
  • pamling529
    5 posts
    edited November 2013
    I can confirm that she only works once on the corn. I planted corn in my regular town and my feeder town to test this. So far my regular town is only 4 hours ahead of the feeder town despite using Witch Marge 8 times. It really sucks because I was hoping to get corn in 45 days. Perhaps this is a glitch that will get fixed.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    pamling529 wrote:
    I can confirm that she only works once on the corn. I planted corn in my regular town and my feeder town to test this. So far my regular town is only 4 hours ahead of the feeder town despite using Witch Marge 8 times. It really sucks because I was hoping to get corn in 45 days. Perhaps this is a glitch that will get fixed.

Thanks for confirming! I kind of had a feeling that's how it was but it wasn't always like that, so I hope they fix the problem soon. I was hoping to get my corn in 45 days too :roll:
  • mbaron312775
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Ahh geez, it only works once on corn? I guess I hadn't been checking Anf just assumed it worked every time. I'm still waiting the 90 :)
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    "ADVISOR: Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

After reading your email I came to know that you are facing in-game issue in The Simpsons Tapped Out. When you try to speed up your corn, it takes 4 hours every time to Witch Marge to return back from the completing the task.

I would like to inform you that this known issue. Our development team is working on this issue. So, please post this issue to our official game forum "http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/233.page" so that our developers could see the issue and provide the resolution as quickly as possible. I have added the 5 Donuts to your account for the inconvenience caused to you.

If there is anything else that I may assist with, please let me know. I will do my best to fix your case."
  • jeffohmss
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for this. Hopefully it can be fixed with tomorrow's possible update.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited December 2013
    jeffohmss wrote:
    Thanks for this. Hopefully it can be fixed with tomorrow's possible update.

Hoping the same. COm on EA!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.