EA Forums - Banner

I officially have the best idea for TSTO

2Next

Replies

• Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    ^ Don't give the developers ideas, Dalton. It was hard enough looking at snow for months last year. :lol: I don't think I could stand it raining for months in my Springfield. :D
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    We can't even get buildings that rotate 360 degrees, which really limits the way one can construct a SF.
    I harp on this too much... I know

Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't use that word. I saw it and got an immediate flashback. It should be forbidden on this forum.
  • thomasda81
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    fastdan1 wrote:
    You've never turned on night mode? :)

Ok...for a second I believed you.

I did too- lol
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    Honestly they could add the night time mode then add like a bunch of night time related items and premiums. Perfect way to get more money with little effort.

"Little effort"? No offense, but you've clearly never made a video game in your life. Absolutely every item would need to be re-coloured, you'd need new effects to cover the light patterns from various sources, every animation would need to be re-done, and that's just to get something looking right - not to mention working out the best way to implement it so that it either picks up the time from the server (or, more likely given that it's a global game and I'm betting each user's account isn't stored on a server in their local timezone, the user's current time, which means getting into the clock on the device, and making sure it's bug-free when moving between timezones) or is user-activated (which means a control panel and some kind of pretty fade-down animation), and, ugh. It'd take a week just to plan it, much less do it.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea. I'd love to see it. I'd also like to see it rain. Just don't underestimate how much effort goes into these things. First rule of software changes: there's no such thing as a "quick and easy" change.
  • thomasda81
    96 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    noahsun123 wrote:
    How bout seasons and weather, or more events. Nighttime would be great, but having rain and stuff would be so cool.

Agreed
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited November 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    We can't even get buildings that rotate 360 degrees, which really limits the way one can construct a SF.
    I harp on this too much... I know

Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't use that word. I saw it and got an immediate flashback. It should be forbidden on this forum.
    hahaha AGREED. :(
  • noahsun123
    165 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    noahsun123 wrote:
    How bout seasons and weather, or more events. Nighttime would be great, but having rain and stuff would be so cool.

We've had snow, (during last Christmas) and moonlit-clouds (during this Halloween). Rain might be cool. I'd get a bit over it, raining for a month, though :lol:

I get that, but I mean all season long not just for events. I haven't checked yet, but are trees still dead?

Also I didn't mean only rain. Dust storms, Cyclones, Waves and just basic additions to weather and stuff.
  • kevin514
    60 posts
    edited November 2013
    Best idea ever...collect all button
  • 8injoe
    94 posts
    edited November 2013
    We need an option to BULK BUY decorations. Those of us who build massive ground art displays, it takes FOREVER to buy the items, and then wait for the XP to clear, then add some more, rinse and repeat and then store them so we can place POW POW POW without having to drag or worry about the XP to go away
    If we could say "buy 200x" then they go straight to storage for use.
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    noahsun123 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    noahsun123 wrote:

We've had snow, (during last Christmas) and moonlit-clouds (during this Halloween). Rain might be cool. I'd get a bit over it, raining for a month, though :lol:

I get that, but I mean all season long not just for events. I haven't checked yet, but are trees still dead?

Also I didn't mean only rain. Dust storms, Cyclones, Waves and just basic additions to weather and stuff.

Um, dust storms :?: Normally, there needs to be a lot of sand to have them. But I agree with the wind and the waves.
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    What, something like this? :wink:

FTtJo41l.jpg

Yeah that picture is really sweet. I imagine Stu's Disco Lighting up and looking nice...same with Barneys Bowlarama. And yeah, I guess it would need to be an option to turn on or off. Too many people whiners saying they only get to play during day or night.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!