EA Forums - Banner

Game is freezing after a few seconds of playing...

I decided to do a redesign of my Squiport and threw a bunch of tiles into storage. My game now freezes uncontrollably on my iPad 2. Need to try on my other devices, but this is beyond frustrating as I was trying to make room to buy the Planet Hollywood building.

Replies

• XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I had this very issue, and am aware of two neighborinos who were affected as well.

What seems to have been the cause in my SF was having a number of Squidport tiles stored in my inventory. I was back and forth with A neighborino on this, and he told me to remove as many items as possible from my landing zone to try to minimize the freezing. I took his advice and was able to eventually store about 2/3rds of the items in my landing zone. Made it a bit better, but only around the landing zone area. I was still freezing if I moved more than 1-2 screens away. I was thinking about what precipitated the freezing and recalled I put 36 SP tiles in inventory before exiting the last time before the freezing started. So over about 50 or so attempts, I was able to get all my tiles out of inventory. At first, I'd start the game and scroll fast enough down to SP to be able to drop maybe 1-2 tiles (if I was lucky). Eventually got 10-12 tiles dropped, was then able to drop 3-4 tiles at a time. After getting about 22-25 tiles dropped, it was noticeably better ( less lag and fewer freezes). Once I dropped the last tiles, the freezing had stopped. I then replaced all of my landing zone items (about 100 items), and still no freezing.

I opened a ticket with EA, no help there. Good luck!
  • Pyroxenite117
    74 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm having this issue town is unplayable, then its fine, then it freezes and crashes. it started on Monday and I maxed out on squid port tiles months ago. the tiles aren't a issue for me.
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    The same thing here with me. I just did about an 75% rebuild on my town Monday. And it has been freezing crashing then rebooting on my Kindle HD.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!