EA Forums - Banner

Wow...100 posts can take awhile!

Replies

• Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    Why not play the post counting games like count to a 1000 lol play it buy yourself and you will get there In no time :wink:
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    So its 100 posts that get you "promoted"? I've been on this forum a year next month but I only post if I feel like I have something somewhat relivent to say or a question.

I found a simpsons pic I really want as an avatar!
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    So its 100 posts that get you "promoted"? I've been on this forum a year next month but I only post if I feel like I have something somewhat relivent to say or a question.

I don't think anyone really knows if there is a set number or not. From what I understand sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time. I just made that joke since it's close to promotion time. Just like you, I've been an avid reader of the forum for a very long time and totally agree with you and a lot of other posters. I only contribute when I feel I can add something (hopefully positive or in fun) to the conversation.
  • JoshWB123
    112 posts
    edited November 2013
    Well done, good luck in getting your promotion :)
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    zooter23 wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

I don't think anyone really knows if there is a set number or not. From what I understand sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time. I just made that joke since it's close to promotion time. Just like you, I've been an avid reader of the forum for a very long time and totally agree with you and a lot of other posters. I only contribute when I feel I can add something (hopefully positive or in fun) to the conversation.

I see you have been a long time forum member! I won't feel as bad about my year now! Good luck :)
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Or you could write a series of one word posts , forming a sentence. Wait! Is there a rule against that?
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited November 2013
    JoshWB123 wrote:
    Well done, good luck in getting your promotion :)
    Thanks! I always feel like a bridesmaid...
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Well I hope you make it and congrats on your more than 100 posts.

How does this "promotion" thing works? I was told in another thread that "promotions" are granted around the 20th of each month. Do we have to apply? Didn't realize that I needed it and was trying to insert an avatar and when it didn't work going crazy trying to "fix" till I heard about "promotion".

Anyone knows why this is necessary? If an avatar doesn't fit with the forum rules, wouldn't be easy for the mods to delete it?
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    Funchal13 wrote:

How does this "promotion" thing works? I was told in another thread that "promotions" are granted around the 20th of each month. Do we have to apply? Didn't realize that I needed it and was trying to insert an avatar and when it didn't work going crazy trying to "fix" till I heard about "promotion".

[Anyone knows why this is necessary? If an avatar doesn't fit with the forum rules, wouldn't be easy for the mods to delete it?
    i think its meant to be more of an incentive to stay.
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    Thats the only thing i hate about this site so far..dont need pics anyways..just info..thx
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    U can type an answer on all the latest threads.

Do this in the forum of a question with no less than one grammar/spelling correction and you'll have my blessing.

I don't think this is possible. People seem to be pretty darned proud of their ignorance. In fact, they act like it's a right of passage.
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:

It's not 100 exactly. I think I was around 75ish when I got my promotion. On the 22nd of the month if you have 'enough' posts you'll get a PM from the mods saying Congrats you can now post pics and choose an avatar, etc.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    The post count dosnt matter. I saw a guy with 18 post and got promoted :lol: just make sure your on the first page around the 22nd and I'm sure you will get the promotion :thumbup:
  • marco_rosa833
    366 posts
    edited November 2013
    Let me check how high my post count is.

I'm at 193 in less than 2 months. Not difficult at all. Just post posts that nobody cares about and you will skate along the way.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Yes it does, but one day you'll be up in the 2000s like me or 100000 like NeO hit before!

Congrats on ur 100 post though!
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited November 2013
    LennyAdd wrote:
    I don't think it will take that long to reach 100 posts. But now if you look at the post count of some people : 4000, 6000 and even 17000 :shock: .
    He only has that much posts because he controls the matrix :lol:
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited November 2013
    Funchal13 wrote:

[Anyone knows why this is necessary? If an avatar doesn't fit with the forum rules, wouldn't be easy for the mods to delete it?
    Because you'll be too addicted to leave! :twisted:
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think I remember mwdalton posting sometime last month around promotion time that promotion depends more on quality rather than quantity, but I can't find the post.

But here's a question, what is the significance of post count? I suppose it suggests longevity and/or active participation, but is that supposed to lend more weight to that person's posts? If so, I have to admit I don't follow that rule. I judge each post on its own merit and each poster on the accumulation of their posts I've personally read.

Or maybe it has something to do with loyalty to the forum? (I've only participated in one other forum and they didn't really emphasize post count.)
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    Aennilya wrote:
    I think I remember mwdalton posting sometime last month around promotion time that promotion depends more on quality rather than quantity, but I can't find the post.

But here's a question, what is the significance of post count? I suppose it suggests longevity and/or active participation, but is that supposed to lend more weight to that person's posts? If so, I have to admit I don't follow that rule. I judge each post on its own merit and each poster on the accumulation of their posts I've personally read.

Or maybe it has something to do with loyalty to the forum? (I've only participated in one other forum and they didn't really emphasize post count.)

How would an automated system decipher what is quailty and isn't :lol: not even google has that kind of tech :lol:
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited November 2013
    Didn't know it was automated; just remember the post. Entirely possible I'm wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.