EA Forums - Banner

Squidport math

Prev1
However, it still is worth collecting the tiles once you exceeded that number, as they are a great source of XP.

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'm not gonna lie, it's mostly about the boosts in xp at this point. I have 219 sections, I don't really need more than that, but I'm going to leave it up until I goof and tap the last one, because xp is my friend. (Kind of wish we could sell the things, just to clear the inventory a little if it gets ridiculously high, but oh well)
    Also, makes life nice and easy for my neighbors. I have my little trifecta in the corner. Not all of them go for it (even after I added arrows) but the majority do, I think, and at least it's nice and simple for them. Certainly makes life easy for me when I'm visiting towns that have some sort of trifecta.
  • bobbysharp10
    46 posts
    edited November 2013
    The mayflower takes up 4 tile spots

Thanks for this I was curious myself. I figure they will release more water down the line so I'll keep going until I accidentally click my last handshake anyways. I think I'm near 300 getting about 200 from this glitch alone.

Does anyone know if the glitch counts toward the game total? Meaning now that I passed what the game will give will I lose my last tile or will it start off where I left off at around sixty?
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited November 2013
    I am confused!

I still have sea squares to fill but when I try to make any more tiles the game tells me I am maxed out??? How are people forcing the game togive them more tiles :?
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited November 2013
    I am confused!

I still have sea squares to fill but when I try to make any more tiles the game tells me I am maxed out??? How are people forcing the game togive them more tiles :?

There seems to be an in-game limit to the number of tiles you can have. Expoliting the so-called glitch (or, as I like to call it, unintentional easter egg) allows you to circumvent that limit. If you have reached that limit already, though, you can't put up another tile to do so.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited November 2013
    Ok..... I have tried to count my tiles and it looks like 160. I have none in storage and 2 brand new squares of sea to fill. I am not allowed to build any more tiles...... is that correct?
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited November 2013
    Ok..... I have tried to count my tiles and it looks like 160. I have none in storage and 2 brand new squares of sea to fill. I am not allowed to build any more tiles...... is that correct?

Correct.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited November 2013
    Many thanks...... dont like to think I am missing out :wink::lol:
  • adruralo
    3290 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    I have my little trifecta in the corner.
    So which trifecta do you have in the corner? I presume of course the squid port tile is one. I believe there is 4 options to maximise XP.
    Mine is squidport tile, open stage and channel 6.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 13 Blue.
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for this. I wondered, but was too lazy to figure it out for myself. :lol:

I've been contemplating when to quit, but I think I'm going to leave the tile there as long as possible, if for no other reason than for the XP.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure I'll be tapping my last handshake by mistake in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... :?
  • Donna4612
    366 posts Member
    edited November 2013

I'm in the same boat as you. I have ~180 and would love to build more, but can't. I contacted EA and requested that they expand the max number of tiles, but have not heard back from them.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    I have my little trifecta in the corner.
    So which trifecta do you have in the corner? I presume of course the squid port tile is one. I believe there is 4 options to maximise XP.
    Mine is squidport tile, open stage and channel 6.
    Tile, farm, and channel six. (I don't have the open-air stage, it's expensive and only worth it now that it can collect the multi-taps, but I don't have the donuts for it.)
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited November 2013
    Something to keep in mind is that some people think that having too many SP tiles in storage can effect performance. Please note that I have not experienced this (I only have 159 tiles), nor do I know if their causal correlation is correct, this is just an FYI.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9811318.page

Edit: typo
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    So to cover all the water (minus those 6 spaces for the entrance and houseboat, which I'm assuming everyone has) you'd need 358 tiles. To cover all the water, period, you'd need 364 tiles.

I've actually counted the amount of tiles that will cover all the water. The water area (in Squid Port Tiles) is 56 x 7. So the total number of tile needed to cover the water is 389 (56x7=392) since the entrance takes three spots. But I'm sure more land/water will be added to the game at some point.

I think it looks bad to have all the water covered up. I left a row around the perimeter of my SP to add some effect. I have yet to totally decorate my SP
  • albivs81326
    25 posts
    edited November 2013
    Probably already posted, but I can't find it, so...

If you're looking for a stopping point for SP tiles rather than continuing to exploit them into infinity, here are the numbers for you.

Available water area is 26 plots of land. Half of these are solely water, and half also contain beach.
    The water plots fit 16 tiles each, for a total of 208 tiles. The water/beach plots fit only 12 tiles each (thanks to the beach) for a total of 156 tiles. The SP entrance and houseboat occupy 3 tile-spaces each.

So to cover all the water (minus those 6 spaces for the entrance and houseboat, which I'm assuming everyone has) you'd need 358 tiles. To cover all the water, period, you'd need 364 tiles.

As I am not a donut-buyer, I don't have the numbers for the Mayflower - someone else who does wanna post that?

Math explained simplistically not because I assume you're a mathematical idiot, but because I'm a mathematical idiot who appreciates being double-checked.

Thanks for the info this is very helpful
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Aennilya wrote:
    Something to keep in mind is that some people think that having too many SP tiles in storage can effect performance. Please note that I have not experienced this (I only have 159 tiles), nor do I know if their causal correlation is correct, this is just an FYI.
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9811318.page

Edit: typo

It happened for me when I stored 108 tiles. Instant game freezes within 2 secs of entering my town. XBL-Heretic's advice from the link you've provided about re-laying the tiles back out was the only thing that helped, and it was instantly fixed. No game freezes since I laid them all back out.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    ...when I stored 108 tiles. Instant game freezes within 2 secs of entering my town. ...re-laying the tiles back out was the only thing that helped, and it was instantly fixed. No game freezes since I laid them all back out.
    That is so strange! I have 193 in storage and haven't had any problems. Sorry to hear about your troubles :(
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    neuroheart wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    ...when I stored 108 tiles. Instant game freezes within 2 secs of entering my town. ...re-laying the tiles back out was the only thing that helped, and it was instantly fixed. No game freezes since I laid them all back out.
    That is so strange! I have 193 in storage and haven't had any problems. Sorry to hear about your troubles :(

I think it depends on a lot of factors....including tile count, your device, size of town, and amount of decorations.
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited November 2013

I've actually counted the amount of tiles that will cover all the water. The water area (in Squid Port Tiles) is 56 x 7. So the total number of tile needed to cover the water is 389 (56x7=392) since the entrance takes three spots. But I'm sure more land/water will be added to the game at some point.

You're absolutely right. I was working from the land grid posted here, which it turns out has not been updated with the newest strip of land. Original post updated, and thanks!
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    It's still worth stockpiling for those who can because there should be more water available at some point. I'm hoping there is and the theoretical, in-game max is increased. That way we poor suckers who've maxed out can start again.
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2013
    Aw man! Someone help me with this exploit...

I def need more 'port tiles!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.