1379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    zicoboo wrote:
    Question though, I saw somewhere we're not allowed to use our own pics? Does that mean I couldn't have a photo of my dog?

No, you are allowed (I think). It isn't advised, because this is the internet and people could make fun of how you look, but I see nothing wrong in using a pic of your pet.
    I see, thanks.

Btw, do you like Beast? (refering to your avatar) :)

No, sorry (after googling them :oops: ). I got my avatar from failblog. The only South Korean musicians I know are Psy and (thanks to a S. Korean friend) Girls' Generation. I think they are ok, verry catching tunes, but I don't understand anything. :(
    Ah ok, I just thought you might 'cause of your avatar and name. The guy's name is Doojoon, people often call him DJ. lol, still makes me laugh, he really does pull it off... like a boss :P

Lol. Thanks for the video and information. Now I know the backround story to my avatar. :thumbup:

I've seen your avatar and wondered what it was from. So I am actually glad to find out as well. I liked it already, now it's even cooler!
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:

I use to live in Washington State so it impressed me that your ferries cost so much more.
    I found your triffids, TV station and stage. It was easier when you had them at the landing zone but I don't blame you for moving because you have a great looking Springfield.

Washington ferries cost less because they are designed to move people efficiently from one place to another. BC ferries cost more because they look nicer. Not that simple but this isn't the venue to talk politics. Got the handshake on the triffids thank you. I appreciate the incentive to visit me is less now that I'm out of the tile game (no XP for you). I moved things because I thought the landing zone is where the unemployment office would fit best. Now that it is under construction I might rethink the whole thing.

I appologize to everyone else for turning this into a private conversation but if you look left you will see that I am now at Two Oh Oh. (At least until I hijack another thread).
  • anini12345
    25 posts
    edited November 2013
    Hi
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Well, first time I hear about this promotion, but why not ? :lol:

A little about me, I have been lurking since a few months, but have been more active on the forum with the Halloween event. In fact, I became really more social ! :mrgreen: I finalized the event with 44150 goo.

So anyway, level 37, lots of neighbors which I visit religously daily. Those that have a tile, I visit 3 different times in a day to let them the time to pick up their tile. I love when people tap my tile... yes ! Lots of XP, a few donuts in a box.

I learned how to post a picture on the forum lol

So voila!

Oh and a question here: how many lucky ones get promoted ?
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited November 2013
    I will post to remind these promoters that I exist and post pretty frequently, and that I have a pretty sweet avatar ready :D
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited November 2013
    Good luck to everybody on the promotions!
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

I use to live in Washington State so it impressed me that your ferries cost so much more.
    I found your triffids, TV station and stage. It was easier when you had them at the landing zone but I don't blame you for moving because you have a great looking Springfield.

Washington ferries cost less because they are designed to move people efficiently from one place to another. BC ferries cost more because they look nicer. Not that simple but this isn't the venue to talk politics. Got the handshake on the triffids thank you. I appreciate the incentive to visit me is less now that I'm out of the tile game (no XP for you). I moved things because I thought the landing zone is where the unemployment office would fit best. Now that it is under construction I might rethink the whole thing.

I appologize to everyone else for turning this into a private conversation but if you look left you will see that I am now at Two Oh Oh. (At least until I hijack another thread).

Sorry, hope you didn't think I was being critical of your ferries! Just more of a small world thing and that stuck in my head!

To be relevent to the thread at hand, waiting for this "promotion" I feel like we are a bunch of kids waiting to be picked for kick ball at recess!
  • rosesgirlnz
    4078 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Good luck to all. I'm only new on the forums, and do way more reading and lurking than actually posting, so not expecting anything. Oh and I'm great at tapping, not so savvy at avatars, signatures, etc so wouldn't actually know what to do if I got promoted anyway :D
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

Sorry, hope you didn't think I was being critical of your ferries! Just more of a small world thing and that stuck in my head!

To be relevent to the thread at hand, waiting for this "promotion" I feel like we are a bunch of kids waiting to be picked for kick ball at recess!

Hey be as critical as you like. Everyone here is.

Pick me, pick me. Kick ball - now that goes back a ways. Your joined date makes it look like we've been on TSTO for about the same length of time. Your use of terms like Kick Ball makes it seem like we've been on this good earth for a similar length of time too. Or do they still call it that? We didn't have al this tappa-tappa-tappa in my day.
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited November 2013
    Hmmmm. Here comes another month that I will miss out on.... :D

Please promotion day fairy come to me :wink:
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    lawso69970 wrote:
    Hmmmm. Here comes another month that I will miss out on.... :D

Please promotion day fairy come to me :wink:

I will be sending my luck your way, fellow Aussie tapper!

Good luck everyone, I always love seeing the new avatars! Not long now!
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited November 2013
    indys2nd wrote:
    For those that want a promotion, just keep posting tonight. :D That's how I got promoted. Good luck! 8)
    ..but I am le tired.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    indys2nd wrote:
    For those that want a promotion, just keep posting tonight. :D That's how I got promoted. Good luck! 8)
    ..but I am le tired.

Suck it up, maggot! :lol::wink:
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    indys2nd wrote:
    ..but I am le tired.

You make an interesting point. Who's clock does EA use? I'm on the west coast so have 3 hours on you so I'm not quite as tired as you. bee88161 is already in tomorrow land. Have you seen any promotions down under yet? Geez, you'd think it was New Year's Eve or something.
  • justinabboe
    30 posts
    edited November 2013
    i made an account beginin of oct after noticein more than half my neighbors werent collectin goo so i could add neighbors that play. now if i could only get that coveted avatar lol wishin every one with an avatar good luck
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    LennyAdd wrote:
    Good luck everyone! :thumbup: Hope I get promoted too. Btw, has Pull_Up_A_Chair been promoted already?

I didn't know that anyone cared. :oops:

Well, you seem to be the favourite for this round of promotions :wink:

But Lenny, if you though it was because of the pic in his signature, just a reminder that anyone can have a pic or gif in their signature. Yes, even you :wink:

I feel like dancing!

32771-Blues-Brothers-dancing-gif-Zs26.gif
  • zooter23
    116 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    indys2nd wrote:
    ..but I am le tired.

You make an interesting point. Who's clock does EA use? I'm on the west coast so have 3 hours on you so I'm not quite as tired as you. bee88161 is already in tomorrow land. Have you seen any promotions down under yet? Geez, you'd think it was New Year's Eve or something.
    Not sure what clock they go by, but it's New Year's Eve every month on the forum! :P
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Its only for people who care about having pics i guess..i just use this place to get info..
    Its all silly really..
    Ya know that's kinda what i said last month, I don't need no stinking avatar and boom i got promoted. Go figure. I'm not sure how it's decided, whether it's automated or the mods have to sift through posts, my sympathies if they do. Am curious how it's done. I doubt if it's solely your post count since I was in the 60s when I got promoted. Good Luck again to everyone
  • bradyc79
    1379 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Its only for people who care about having pics i guess..i just use this place to get info..
    Its all silly really..
    Ya know that's kinda what i said last month, I don't need no stinking avatar and boom i got promoted. Go figure. I'm not sure how it's decided, whether it's automated or the mods have to sift through posts, my sympathies if they do. Am curious how it's done. I doubt if it's solely your post count since I was in the 60s when I got promoted. Good Luck again to everyone

I guess it depends more on the frequency of your posts. I have been posting for a long time, but only every so often. However, since Halloween, I have been more active. Hopefully I will get promoted soon.
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    bncagney wrote:
    dgwglenn wrote:
    bncagney wrote:

Hey be as critical as you like. Everyone here is.

Pick me, pick me. Kick ball - now that goes back a ways. Your joined date makes it look like we've been on TSTO for about the same length of time. Your use of terms like Kick Ball makes it seem like we've been on this good earth for a similar length of time too. Or do they still call it that? We didn't have al this tappa-tappa-tappa in my day.

Sorry again if I was rude in my comment about the ferries. I had no idea there was anything political. I just thought it was kind of cool in that small world way. Why the ferry thing stuck in my head was I remember thinking "yikes, if I lived there I couldn't afford to leave very much"! :)

Lets just say I can remember the start of the Simpsons show (on Tracy Ulman) and no they did not have anything like this game when I was a kid! And no, no tapa tapa (except on the key board of the earliest personal computers where you had to type pages of code to get the simplest game to play)! It's amazing how games have evolved. I think kick ball is controversial now. There was a radio debate on NPR recently!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.