EA Forums - Banner

From EA Advisor.

Prev13
It seems like there should be a better way for the adviser to communicate with the development team then to have a player post his response to the forum and hope it gets read! Seems odd and inefficient!

Replies

• simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    So don't forget to post it on forum....
    I mean really, that was an official response?
    I think they don't have a clue why it happen...
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    I've been using this and it's been working fine. I checked the time before, during, after and seems to be fine.
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    In my town, Witch Marge added time to my corn. I only noticed after I used her about 4 times. :cry:
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Apart from the fact that it appears they don't know what's going on, whoever typed this doesnt appear to be very good at English, I can't believe that's a professional email. 4 hours every time to witch marge to return!!! Holy 6 year old grammar.
  • bobbysharp10
    46 posts
    edited November 2013
    When ever I send witch marge on that task my corn instantly drops 4 hours. Set her for the task and click your crop so you can see the "waiting" status for her task, the moment she starts it will cut 4 hours. If it doesn't then I guess your game is glitched but I haven't heard of anyone having any problem with this task.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited November 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Apart from the fact that it appears they don't know what's going on, whoever typed this doesnt appear to be very good at English, I can't believe that's a professional email. 4 hours every time to witch marge to return!!! Holy 6 year old grammar.

There are actually two separate threads for you to be a judgmental * about people's grammar. When you post there, you might want to make sure you put an apostrophe in doesn't. Looks like not even you can hold up to the unrealistic expectations you have set forth.

Back on topic, EA and customer service don't belong in the same sentence. I learned this the hard way long before TSTO, which I'm glad for since I now know better than to become to invested in it.
  • 6th_LayerofHell
    133 posts
    edited November 2013
    I tested it like you told me to do..she seems to be only taking 4 hours off only 1 time a day..
    Very strange..hope they fix it soon..
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:

There are actually two separate threads for you to be a judgmental * about people's grammar. When you post there, you might want to make sure you put an apostrophe in doesn't. Looks like not even you can hold up to the unrealistic expectations you have set forth.

Back on topic, EA and customer service don't belong in the same sentence. I learned this the hard way long before TSTO, which I'm glad for since I now know better than to become to invested in it.
    Just so you're aware, I'm using an iPod, so it's not particularly hard to make a few grammatical errors. Besides that, we're on a forum so frankly I couldn't care less about my grammar (just as I wouldn't if you had made a mistake). The only reason I made a comment is that's supposed be a proffesional email, which it clearly from the numerous mistakes isn't.
    Next time you're going to throw your toys out of the pram about a comment, make sure you understand why that comment was made.
  • bgarrett166
    86 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Nice! Atleast you got 5 Ds. They owe me over 500. And don't do crap about it but blow me off to the next customer service person
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    quote=simbass7]So don't forget to post it on forum....
    I mean really, that was an official response?
    I think they don't have a clue why it happen...[/quote]

:thumbup:
    I tested it like you told me to do..she seems to be only taking 4 hours off only 1 time a day..
    Very strange..hope they fix it soon..

Ya more people probably going through the same thing but probably just not noticing. Hoping they fix this soon. :evil:
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    bncagney wrote:
    It seems like there should be a better way for the adviser to communicate with the development team then to have a player post his response to the forum and hope it gets read! Seems odd and inefficient!

I'm thinking that nice East Indian gentleman from the Windows Technical Department (formerly the Windows Store) would be more helpful.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited November 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:

Just so you're aware, I'm using an iPod, so it's not particularly hard to make a few grammatical errors. Besides that, we're on a forum so frankly I couldn't care less about my grammar (just as I wouldn't if you had made a mistake). The only reason I made a comment is that's supposed be a proffesional email, which it clearly from the numerous mistakes isn't.
    Next time you're going to throw your toys out of the pram about a comment, make sure you understand why that comment was made.

Like I said before, not even you can hold up to the unrealistic expectations you've set forth. A "professional" email is written by a fallible human being just like any other. Think about the position this person holds "EA Game Advisor" they more than likely have no more than a HS education, and probably has to churn out an email every few minutes. It's a human being, just like you and I, grinding out a 9 to 5 trying to feed their kids. Try not to be so critical. 'Matter of fact, you should probably feel some sympathy for this poor guy, he gets to read complaints from gamers all day everyday, without having any power to resolve them. That sounds like hell to me! The problem here is not someone's typo, its the way EA handles the problems of its paying customers.

Half of the population of this forum has climbed out of their glass houses and up onto a high horse, and now suddenly everyone is a 12th grade English teacher. I'm sorry if the brunt of my frustration with the group was temporarily focused on you, and unfairly so, but something about making grammatical mistakes in a sentence criticizing someone's grammar truly irks me. Personally, IDGAFOS how the message is conveyed, so long as it's conveyed. I imagine the OP doesn't care much about the grammar of the emails s/he receives, just that their issue is resolved. Let's leave the focus on the fact that EA customer service is terrible at servicing customers, not their grammar.

• DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited November 2013
    ^ +1. I hate how a bunch of people on here are starting to become grammar ****, just because of one grammar **** troll, who won't shut up.

Edit: And yes, EA's customer service sucks. It is most likely located in India or some other foreign country, where labour is cheap. So pretty much everyone working there speaks Eglish as a second language.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Dis is a forum I kould kare less how I type, even tho I do anyways, 4 random ppl to reed as long as my point is made especially on a GAME FORUM. But the email was suppose to be professional seeing such it is coming from a business but then again there is no point of pointing out their grammar because we already know their reputation so what much can you except.

Edit: Everybody wants to be a Grammar ****. Is this a some type of Ego thing to be proud of? Common deal with real life instead of coming online trying police people for things that you may do yourself.
  • mlc19821975
    63 posts
    edited November 2013
    Dis is a forum I kould kare less how I type 4 random ppl to reed as long as my point is made especially on a GAME FORUM. But the email was suppose to be professional seeing such it is coming from a business but then again there is no point of pointing out their grammar because we already know their reputation so what much can you except.

Edit: Everybody wants to be a Grammar ****. Is this a some type of Ego thing to be proud of? Common deal with real life instead of coming online trying police people for things that you may do yourself.

WORD! LOL!

I was wondering why the time was not decreasing on the corn when I had witch Marge working her magic continuously. I never thought to email EA. I honestly didn't think they would care. LOL! Silly me, I could have gotten 5 whole doughnuts for my trouble. Darnit!
  • cornelius133
    8 posts
    edited November 2013
    Damn, you got 5 donuts just bcuz your witch marge wasn't working properly and the 10 pages of people (including me) that actually got screwed out of money and most can't even get into their game bcuz of an in game purchase bug get nothing.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9793489.page
  • 1WngdAngel271
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Dis is a forum I kould kare less how I type, even tho I do anyways, 4 random ppl to reed as long as my point is made especially on a GAME FORUM. But the email was suppose to be professional seeing such it is coming from a business but then again there is no point of pointing out their grammar because we already know their reputation so what much can you except.

It's called not being lazy or stupid. A spelling or grammar mistake here and there? Fine. That abortion of the English language you just put out? Not having it. And that you expect everyone else to deal with it and try and understand your shorthand internet lingo is the real kicker. It's not hard to type out full words and proper sentences, especially in today's mobile world where devices have spell check, dictionaries, and auto-correct.
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013

It's called not being lazy or stupid. A spelling or grammar mistake here and there? Fine. That abortion of the English language you just put out? Not having it. And that you expect everyone else to deal with it and try and understand your shorthand internet lingo is the real kicker. It's not hard to type out full words and proper sentences, especially in today's mobile world where devices have spell check, dictionaries, and auto-correct.

I'm wondering just how many threads have been turned into arguments over grammar lately (I was tempted to say gramma but didn't want it to go over anyone's head).

The context is really all that counts.
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Damn, you got 5 donuts just bcuz your witch marge wasn't working properly and the 10 pages of people (including me) that actually got screwed out of money and most can't even get into their game bcuz of an in game purchase bug get nothing.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9793489.page

Sorry to hear, maybe try personally emailing them. https://help.ea.com/
  • Land0fComedy
    1110 posts
    edited November 2013
    Bump!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.