EA Forums - Banner

Unusually Bad Springfield Designs

Prev13
This isn't a very kind page..some people just can't think of ideas, theres no reason to make fun of them..

Replies

• morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    DohMoe wrote:
    This isn't a very kind page..some people just can't think of ideas, theres no reason to make fun of them..

Not making fun...just noticing things out of the norm in odd ways.

I changed the wording a bit to not come off as harsh (even though I didn't think I did originally).
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    A few more than a few of my friend's towns are like that.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Not bothered what other people's towns look like as long as I'm happy with how mine is coming on really.

It's good to scratch ideas from friends some times, I mean my town would look very different if I never took inspiration from other people but that's it, if you have a waste of time town, it still gives me cash
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm kinda with DohMoe on this one. I'm sure your intentions were great, but I'm really hesitant to single out specific Springfields and characterize them as "bad". Different people have different sensibilities. Or, as in my case, they may be in the midst of a re-design. Parts of my town look ludicrously bad.
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    What KrustyBrand said. For all you know, someone just mashed everything together, in process of making it 10x better.
  • christiemich
    621 posts
    edited November 2012
    Again, who gives a knob?
  • heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't single someone out if it was obvious they were trying and you could tell they put some effort into designing their town.

The flipside is when no effort at all is put into it. My cousin's town is like this: He doesn't house farm, but it looks nearly as bad IMO. His roads form a giant 'H' and the houses and buildings are lined up somewhat along it. He ran out of room along the 'H' and the rest of all his buildings are jammed next to one another on the grass side by side. It looks ridiculous. I think he's level 21 or 22. He doesn't have the apartments, yet. Maybe he's waiting until he has everything before he puts effort into it, but I don't think so.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm not about to single anyone out, but here are some poorly designed areas of my Springfield.

I'm working on creating a farm for Cletus, but the lack of symmetry irritates me. I'm not sure if the bushes really translate properly.
    CA_11261214200566-M.jpg

I recently turned the Bad Dream House into a Burns' Mansion. Its a new design and therefore looks incomplete. I've been saving that nuclear waste for a while, and it looked fine before but it now looks out of place with the addition of the mansion.
    CA_11261214150858-M.jpg

Any suggestions are welcomed!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • stakov
    71 posts
    edited November 2012
    My pet hate is when people don't have a path from the road to a house/building (unless its the farm or muntz house). Especially when it's the road, then grass, THEN the driveway.

I must be OCD that way :P
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    Edit: Can anyone suggest a good app for resizing photos to better fit on this forum? I have several, but the photos never seem to be any smaller once I post them.
    If you don't mind a little effort and have a computer, I recommend Photoscape. Otherwise, I can't help as I hate try to shortcut everything into a mobile app form.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    xrobotlove wrote:
    Edit: Can anyone suggest a good app for resizing photos to better fit on this forum? I have several, but the photos never seem to be any smaller once I post them.
    If you don't mind a little effort and have a computer, I recommend Photoscape. Otherwise, I can't help as I hate try to shortcut everything into a mobile app form.

Thanks (:
  • arnoutVI
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Not everybody has a mastersdegree in urban and city design.
    Players build a town with the limit resources in design they have.
    TSTO has limites in possibilies in design.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    I'm not about to single anyone out, but here are some poorly designed areas of my Springfield.

I'm working on creating a farm for Cletus, but the lack of symmetry irritates me. I'm not sure if the bushes really translate properly.
    CA_11261214200566-M.jpg

I recently turned the Bad Dream House into a Burns' Mansion. Its a new design and therefore looks incomplete. I've been saving that nuclear waste for a while, and it looked fine before but it now looks out of place with the addition of the mansion.
    CA_11261214150858-M.jpg

Any suggestions are welcomed!
    The best Cletus farms I've seen are just junk everywhere. Take the waste from your Bad Dream House and put it near Cletus.

I like the bridge and walkway to the BDH. The gates seem like a bit of overkill. I've seen some people use the water around the house and make it look cool - that might work for you and that cool bridge.
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't single someone out if it was obvious they were trying and you could tell they put some effort into designing their town.

The flipside is when no effort at all is put into it. My cousin's town is like this: He doesn't house farm, but it looks nearly as bad IMO. His roads form a giant 'H' and the houses and buildings are lined up somewhat along it. He ran out of room along the 'H' and the rest of all his buildings are jammed next to one another on the grass side by side. It looks ridiculous. I think he's level 21 or 22. He doesn't have the apartments, yet. Maybe he's waiting until he has everything before he puts effort into it, but I don't think so.

I agree I think it's obvious when people are trying and I don't fault them at all. Your H friend made me laugh. That's the kind of stuff I was thinking about when I made this topic.

I remember a post somewhere on this forum where they had just one little square and all the people were in it. That made me laugh. I think they were doing it on purpose for some reason. But imagine trying to click one person in the group. It's hard enough to pick one tree out when designing as it is!
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited December 2012
    Null.
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited November 2012
    I made my own Burn Mansion.
    image-5.jpg
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I rearranged some stuff, I think it looks a little better. I really want to stick with the crop farm idea.
    CA_11261216021158-M.jpg
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    There are some Springfields I don't really care for but I honestly couldn't give two hoots. I literally log in to them to make a bit of quick cash/XP.

If I like one I'll spend more time looking around/getting inspiration but as far as I'm concerned it's each to their own!

Personally I like mine to look good.
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Anyone have anything unusual to share?[/quote]

Yes, I would like to share my 'unusually bad springfield'.

My Sprinfield did look terrible before because I needed land. And to purchase the land, I needed to gather money.
    After I bought the lands, I was out of inspriation as how to organize my Sprinfield. Took me days to organize and decorate my Springfield. I am not always a creative genius.
    Now it looks alright but I've emptied almost 1 land for the coming update, and I put all houses (18 ) together on a small piece of land. (I need to save money for the upcoming update).

There are lots of topics where people complain about their friends' Springfields in general and mostly without mentioning any specific one.
  • iain_maple
    29 posts
    edited November 2012
    18335725-86E4-49B5-B8D6-B6E5C980C63E-8184-000004EA967327CF-1.jpg

Why won't it display my image
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.