• HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Last years were

Santa's village - 200 donuts
    Reindeer - 20 donuts
    Christmas tree - 75 donuts but you got 1 free
    Homer Mr plow skin - 90 donuts

I would expect Santas village to return at the same price. Reindeer pretty likely too. I guess everyone will get a free tree or just the people who missed out last year. Mr plow will probably return. Then there will be new stuff.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    Last years were

Santa's village - 200 donuts
    Reindeer - 20 donuts
    Christmas tree - 75 donuts but you got 1 free
    Homer Mr plow skin - 90 donuts

I would expect Santas village to return at the same price. Reindeer pretty likely too. I guess everyone will get a free tree or just the people who missed out last year. Mr plow will probably return. Then there will be new stuff.

Thanks!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    I'm thinking that the tree won't be free anymore, but will be available for 75 donuts.

I'm at a loss, but if they do it like Halloween, then the light facades will be for donuts. Maybe 5-20 donuts each?
    There's 1 per house (Simpsons, Flanders, Van Houtens, Muntz, Cletus, Krabapple, Brown, Purple, Pink, Blue, White, Orange, Frink, Volcano Lair) - I think that's all of them. Depending how they do the event, those could be free. But since they changed up Halloween, I anticipate all of them to be for donuts, and will be generators for the new currency.
  • jtgroth
    380 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    I'm thinking that the tree won't be free anymore, but will be available for 75 donuts.

I'm at a loss, but if they do it like Halloween, then the light facades will be for donuts. Maybe 5-20 donuts each?
    There's 1 per house (Simpsons, Flanders, Van Houtens, Muntz, Cletus, Krabapple, Brown, Purple, Pink, Blue, White, Orange, Frink, Volcano Lair) - I think that's all of them. Depending how they do the event, those could be free. But since they changed up Halloween, I anticipate all of them to be for donuts, and will be generators for the new currency.

Willie's Shack as well
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited November 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:

You were able to buy the light facades with Santa coins (sort of like Halloween's goo).
  • letsridebikes
    470 posts
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

You were able to buy the light facades with Santa coins (sort of like Halloween's goo).
    It'd be good if they still allowed us to purchase lights without donuts, since there are so many more buildings now than there were a year ago.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    dgwglenn wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:

Yes I know, but what I'm saying is that Devil Flanders, Heck House skin, House of Evil and other Halloween goodies were purchased with TREATS and not donuts. But this year all of those items costed donuts. So following how Halloween changed, I'm simply guessing Christmas will go the same way. I have no insider knowledge, it just an educated guess based on how Halloween was changed.

Oh and the Mapple Store may return for donuts.
  • skollthewolf
    519 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I hope they rein in that impulse to charge donuts for the Christmas decoration facades. It would get mighty expensive.
  • beeson1987
    148 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Im hoping for an event for christmas like halloween, the community goo.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yikes! I better save my donuts

The Christmas light skin for houses & buildings should be money not donuts.
    It's sounding like a pricey update
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    CoffeeMars wrote:

They were only 50 coins each, so I'd HOPE they'd be less than 20 donuts each. But who knows? They could be purchased with the new currency for all I know. But I'm just pointing to the Halloween event as an example.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited November 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    CoffeeMars wrote:

They were only 50 coins each, so I'd HOPE they'd be less than 20 donuts each. But who knows? They could be purchased with the new currency for all I know. But I'm just pointing to the Halloween event as an example.

Thank you for clearing that up. I'm looking forward to the update and about 300 donuts. I wi try to make my SP festive for sure
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Ill be honest, I don't think they'll charge for facades, on the basis that it would be hugely unfair considering they're practically necessary. I'd say the same about the tree, though how they'll make it so only new people get one and older players don't i don't know. I bet that the facades are free but require currency to buy like last year, though by the look of this years cumulative prize type there won't be a currency to purchase with.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.