EA Forums - Banner

Best/worst donut purchases??

Prev134
Used up all my gimme donuts trying mystery box, homer Buddha & accidentally clicking hurry up grow on various items.

Never got anything I wanted through using donuts.

Replies

• heavy liquid
    167 posts
    edited November 2012
    I consider the best donut purchases to be ones where you gain a character or a house & character. The characters will generate you money and interact with your other Springfield residents. Buildings like Aztec and Lard Lad look nice, but that's about it. I will add that some buildings like Azetc will give your characters other jobs to do, but I would personally rather buy the building & character combos like Frink's Laboratory first. Just my two cents.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    Any of the 60 donut premium characters are good. Each one produces income around what 8 blue houses produce.

I don't have much more than that I paid for, but for some reason I paid donuts for the Bart bat or whatever that thing is. Costed me 30 donuts so not like I'm going broke, but worthless.

And my understanding none of the premium buildings actually pay out the bonuses they claim, so they're only good for decoration, the small income and a few jobs associated with them.

So I'd say after premium characters, buildings with characters are next best. Which ones are the best? I'd say they're all pretty much equal, just depends on your personal tastes.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've made three donut purchases. The worst was the 2 donuts I accidentally spent speeding up the Simpson's house. The best was Hans Moleman, though I am quite fond of my tire fire.
    ThomasK323 wrote:
    Bart bat or whatever that thing is.
    http://simpsonswiki.net/wiki/The_Raven_%28character%29
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited November 2012
    Ooh cheers guys, ill defo go for the characters first. Thing is I really liked the look of lard lad but guess he's gonna have to wait!
  • morticite
    98 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I love my Bumblebee Man purchase! And Moleman is cool too. Those accidental clicks on speeding up tasks or buildings are always the worst. I like the Mausoleum ok - I just wish it was a little bigger.
  • bbeam1249
    99 posts
    edited November 2012
    I think my favorite is the Aztec. It's pretty cool to look at, and the animation is pretty awesome. It gives Bart a 3 hour job, and CBG a 6 hour job that pay more than regular jobs. Squeeky Voiced Teen also gets a 4 hour job if you have him. For 110 donuts together, they are a good value of building/character. Otto is a close second though, love him and the bus in my town, and he's pretty cheap for both too.

The one I like the least is the Duff Brewery. If I hadn't gotten the donuts through a Homer Buddha, I wouldn't have bought it. It's a bit big for my taste, and I hate all of his tasks except one.
  • Blobulle
    59 posts
    edited November 2012
    Worst : Accelerating the task "Clean up Springfield"
  • Warpt1
    198 posts
    edited November 2012
    I don't really have a best. Every building and premium toon just completes my Springfield all the more.

Though I am fond of Otto and his Schoolbus and Moleman.

If I had to chose a worst, I think Kearney. As premium character, he is the most boring.

Tasks are mainly indoor tasks so you almost never see him except for his forgetful jig dance. Soundwise all he does is grunt. At least he makes money--the Bart Raven doesn't even do that.
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    The best donut purchases came with new characters (with the exclusion of Duff Man still wanted the brewery though). The worst would be the Homer Buddha that gave me 10 white fences. Like seriously I spent 15 donuts and only received a 10 donut profit :hunf:
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    The best by far is a toss up between the professor or Otto. The worse one so far would ironically be the donut shop oh and all the times I accidently sped up something
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    Whenever I get around to buying donuts, Otto and the bus will be the first thing I get. I have SVT and he's decent as long as you have the Gilded Truffle. That's when he gets a 60 minute job. Hans Moleman needs the town hall to have a 60 minute job. Not sure about Kearney, but I don't think you need anything for his, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Edit: Springfield Elementary is required for Kearney's 60 minute job.

Least favorite is Bart Raven, it was an accidental purchase and I hate him.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    For their usefulness, my best donut purchases have been Mole Man and Bumblebee Man.

As much as I like the look of it - the Tire Fire is pretty pointless as it generates no income and there are no tasks with it. It's purely decoration.
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    Kearny's 60 minute task is to give pink bellies in which you need the school for
  • davidlwaite
    264 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Worst donut purchase by far is the mystery box which I got 30 donuts, I mean **** is that I wanted the Springfield sign
  • michelleus66
    204 posts
    edited November 2012
    I like the Duff Brewery as Duffman is a hoot when he Segways around town promoting beer.

Hans Moleman will (eventually) give you the most convenient job choices (1, 4, 6, 8, 12, & 24-hour gigs).

Otto also looks cool as he wails on his guitar.

The worst? That's easy.

Paid 15 donuts for a Homer Buddha and got a mystery box. Inside the box was a $100 tree.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    Worst donut purchase by far is the mystery box which I got 30 donuts, I mean **** is that I wanted the Springfield sign

Consider yourself lucky! All I ever get is trees and parking lots.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited November 2012
    I say never buy mystery boxes, and never ever buy Homer Buddas.

At some point I'm going to make a youtube video showing the worthless value of mystery boxes. I've never made a youtube video before so I guess I have to figure out exactly how to make one first.
  • jraffa50
    559 posts
    edited November 2012
    I couldn't decide what to buy with my donuts, and while looking at what was available I accidentally bought Bumblebee Man. I like him though! I don't think he was a bad purchase?
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited November 2012
    I think Otto and Frink are my best donut purchases, they both earn pretty well on their own, but of course the more buildings they can enter the better in that respect. I really like the buildings (bus) they come with as well, not to mention they are two of my favorite characters on the show. My worst purchase has to be the Bart raven, he taunts me every day-hopping up, down and all around my Springfield. (I am ashamed to admit how many donuts I have wasted accidentally speeding up tasks.)
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    tlindfors wrote:
    I think Otto and Frink are my best donut purchases... I really like the buildings (bus) they come with as well, not to mention they are two of my favorite characters on the show.

Same here, both are highly recommended. The other premium characters are all good investments of course, but I'm also fond of the Aztec Theatre and the Observatory. They both look great, have cool animations and give characters other tasks with convenient times and great cash bonuses.

Worst purchase was probably Lard Lad as it does little more than look pretty. Still, it does go very well next to my police station.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.