EA Forums - Banner

This game has burnt my screen.

I didn't think you could "burn" LED screens.... take a pic with separate camera, I wanna see, please

I have left this game running for DAYS and have had no burn...

Also, what device do you use?

Replies

• jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited November 2013
    Is this real life?

Seems unlikely, given the tech you surely have in order to be playing TSTO in the first place. Would be news if it was a quality handset.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    I didn't think you could "burn" LED screens.... take a pic with separate camera, I wanna see, please

my ipad 2 gets burn marks :( I normaly have my adress bar burned at the top. But to fix it all you need to do. Is to get a torch app. Or any thing that will give you a white screen top to bottom and turn your brightness up to full for a minute of so and it should remove it.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Sounds like its been left in the sun too long

You should have put some sun cream on it to stop it burning
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Sounds like its been left in the sun too long

You should have put some sun cream on it to stop it burning

Or at least have given it a big, floppy hat to wear.

Seriously though, OP, I hope you can get it back to normal with an app like Undaunted suggested.
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited November 2013

my ipad 2 gets burn marks :( I normaly have my adress bar burned at the top. But to fix it all you need to do. Is to get a torch app. Or any thing that will give you a white screen top to bottom and turn your brightness up to full for a minute of so and it should remove it.

I use a Samsung galaxy note 2. Thanks for the tip.
    Tried to take a screen shot but the copy is to faint.
    I'm going to look for that app and see if I can fix this screen.

If it doesn't work then the 30+spf sunscreen should do the trick :thumbup:
  • erchin8
    265 posts
    edited November 2013
    I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also and have had no "burn" whatsoever. I have the game open a lot; sometimes it stays on all night, like if I fall asleep before I exit out.

The screen is one of my favorite things about this phone, which I love so much I didn't feel the need to upgrade to the Note 3 when it was released. I hope you get it fixed!
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited November 2013

Good to know, thank you sir ;)
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    simbass7 wrote:

Good to know, thank you sir ;)

I have never really seen this. Probably due to the fact that I read books on my iPad. The bright white screen must take care of that. Good to know. :D

How do you leave it running? My device goes dark if I leave it for too long.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/best-flash-light!-torch-flashlight/id429177928?mt=8 this is the app I use. It's free. Just leave it in full brightness for a minute of so p and it should clear it up.

This is for ipad. (Uk) But I'm sure if u take a look you can find a similar version to your device
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    lawso69970 wrote:
    I was playing another game on my phone and I noticed that the task book and all the other icons along the bottom of this game are burnt into my screen.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I believe that Apple recommends running the iPad through the dishwasher.

aJK77rb.png
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    indys2nd wrote:
    How do you leave it running? My device goes dark if I leave it for too long.
    A lot of games will keep devices from sleeping while they're being played. I have several like this, and sometimes wake up wondering why my kindle has no battery left before I remember I was playing Tapped Out in bed.
    One of the other tap-and-wait games I have that also keeps the device from sleeping has enemy raiders that enter the towns and light things on fire. Once I woke up to a screen entirely filled with burning buildings :lol: (It doesn't do permanent damage, you just need to tap so your villagers extinguish the flames; I even got a firefighter achievment)
  • lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited November 2013
    I can't find an app for android to white out my screen.

And no I'm not going to use liquid paper or anything like that :D . But seriously I can't find an app on Android so if anyone knows one let me know. Thanks
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Are any of these apps compatible with your device?

Google Play Store:
    Burn-in cleaner
    Screen Burn Repair
    Display Tester
    Screen Burn-in Tool

• lawso69970
    244 posts
    edited November 2013

Google Play Store:
    Burn-in cleaner
    Screen Burn Repair
    Display Tester
    Screen Burn-in Tool

Thanks Amanda.
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    lawso69970 wrote:
    I was playing another game on my phone and I noticed that the task book and all the other icons along the bottom of this game are burnt into my screen.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you sure it's not just burnt into your eyes ?
  • AmandaElwood
    168 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    lawso69970 wrote:

Google Play Store:
    Burn-in cleaner
    Screen Burn Repair
    Display Tester
    Screen Burn-in Tool

Thanks Amanda.

You're welcome. I hope one of them works for you. Some were for certain types of screens and that all goes over my head.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.