EA Forums - Banner

Other device didn't save Springfield

Tap the Bart and Milhouse icon before you exit out of the game.

Replies

• hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    What the message refers to is that the server didn't get the last synchronization from your device. I used to only play with one device so would ignore that message and anything that hadn't been synchronized before was still on that one device.

If, however, you have a second device, you do have to pay attention to that message if you did something on that other device you didn't want to lose as the last time you were playing the game. As the previous poster said, you click on the same Bart/Millhouse icon that shows you other Springfields and that will give you the synchronization message before you exit the game. If it's the same device that you had played last time, go ahead and skip.
  • chaiguy1337
    65 posts
    edited November 2012
    First of all, one would think that since I've only played on one device, it would be able to sync once I started the game. I've tried killing the app and restarting it, but still get the message if I do.

Secondly, I have actually lost progress because of this. Granted it's so far been pretty minimal. The worst I've lost is an hour of progress for all of my characters, but I would be pretty ticked if this happend to a 12-hour task, or worse.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I play exclusively via wi-fi on an iPad running iOS 5.x. Before the Thanksgiving update, I consistently got this message when I switched wi-fi networks. I'd be playing on network 1, exit the game, go somewhere, connect to network 2, start the game, and I'd get the message. Rinse and repeat, but only when I had exited the game before my iPad had connected to the different network. Never noticed that I lost anything, so it was mostly an irritant.
  • chaiguy1337
    65 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yes good call, it does seem to happen most frequently when switching wifi networks, or from wifi to 3g, etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.