EA Forums - Banner

Do you accept Gil's offer?

Prev13
Personally, I decided to decline, even although I have neither the Springfield Sign nor the Duff Brewery. I'm still kind of tempted to buy the Brewery, but I wouldn't know what to do with the Springfield Sign, so I don't think it's worth the extra 110 donuts it would cost me.

Replies

• chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I currently have neither, but don't want them anyway. The Duff brewery just looks ugly whilst the Springfield sign is too big (that and it just sits there).

What I'm saving up for is Luann and the cracker factory. I like crackers and junk food and still fondly remember the episode where they showed the crackers being made. That and Milhouse needs Mommy meals instead of relying on cardboard boxes for food.

That said, it would be great if they had a Christmas package. I love Christmas and would happily shell out some donuts. (Reindeer! I want the reindeer!)
  • jackbsmummy
    153 posts
    edited November 2013
    Already have both
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I'd like the Brewery someday, but no. Even if I had the donuts, it's not a good enough deal. If I had 300 donuts to spend, I would buy Frink and Luann, and have two characters and two buildings and a way to boost my Gluttony rating.
    The sign has a nice percentage boost, but I'd rather have characters. It would be nice if they'd offer deals on donuts instead of doing a kind of random package deal. (I play another game that offers me three times the premium currency at least once a month.)
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I wanna see Gil. :cry: I miss him. :cry:
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Someone post a screenshot.
  • mattstreetnz
    10 posts
    edited November 2013
    Ha. All this dialogue about cheating, we'll all I did to get both the duff brewery and Springfield sign was to take advantage of the past negative doughnut glitch.

Gil's deal does seem lame. Perhaps a deal all players could think about, like a doughnut sale.
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited November 2013
    No sign of gil here in UK as yet..... but I have brewery and have no desire for the springfield sign.....
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Someone post a screenshot.

Certainly.

RfL2qwl.png?1
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited November 2013
    I didn't get any offer! :(
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited November 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    I didn't get any offer! :(

As you have the Springfield Sign already, you probably won't get an offer.
  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited November 2013
    That would be a Heck no. I have neither, but don't really want them either. I would love having Duffman but it's gonna be awhile before I got the dough-nuts to get him. Especially with Christmas round the corner and so many other things and characters to nab. The sign plain annoys me and isn't worth the space. I wonder what kind of bonus difference you'd get from a Springfield sign to an equivalent amount of Grumple balloons. Hmmmm
  • philieb
    930 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Have them both. Just bring back the "day old donuts" sale (25% more) and let us get what we want.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited November 2013
    I think the sign's worth it for the multiplier. Not so keen on the brewery but I guess it can go in the industrial zone next to the Cracker Factory and the Power Plant. Duffman would be good, so I'll probably buy them later today. Oh, and splash the cash on some parking lots. Or trees. :lol:

EDIT: Sucker Alert. Just purchased. :lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited November 2013
    No way. Neither the brewery or sign are on me radar as possible purchases and why is some in game cash included? You can easily make that in a very short time, seems like pointless padding to make the 300 donut deal look better.

Am waiting for donut deals meself, then will buy the premium content I want

FeeFye
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if I should buy it or wait for Christmas! Limited time deals/items are so tempting!

Edit: Okay, I'm just gonna wait for Christmas.
  • Oatmeal832
    570 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Personally, I decided to decline, even although I have neither the Springfield Sign nor the Duff Brewery. I'm still kind of tempted to buy the Brewery, but I wouldn't know what to do with the Springfield Sign, so I don't think it's worth the extra 110 donuts it would cost me.

That sums it up for me. I want the Brewery but it can wait, and I don't much care about the sign. If it was 100 donuts cheaper, I'd do it, but 110 donuts for the sign is way too much for me.

The $50,000 is meaningless, too...
  • Cacemonster
    86 posts
    edited November 2013
    Oatmeal832 wrote:

That sums it up for me. I want the Brewery but it can wait, and I don't much care about the sign. If it was 100 donuts cheaper, I'd do it, but 110 donuts for the sign is way too much for me.

The $50,000 is meaningless, too...

I agree with you. I Want the Brewery, but not the sign. So that does not make a good deal for me. But of course, if someone wanted both, It is a pretty good deal, but I wouldn't count the 50.000 in donuts. They can be earned for free with some patience. I will rather wait and see what's up for christmas. If I stille have 190 donuts left after that, I may buy the brewery :) I am soooooo looking forward to the christmas update!!!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited November 2013
    I need a maybe/maybe not option in the poll. Right now I'm leaning toward the I have neither but still no option. Although, there's this nagging feeling that I'm going to give in and say absolutely yes before the sale ends. Then there's the other nagging feeling that I should save my money in case there's a better deal for Christmas. It's all so confusing. If only Gil had shown up last night when I was stuffed, sleepy and feeling generous after "splitting" that bottle of wine.
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have the Brewery but not the sign and I wasn't offered anything---He showed up and went away---If I look for the sign now in purchase section, it's not there...I don't know **** is going on
  • BurninRayne
    104 posts
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty sure the deal is for the people who are in the early stages of the game and haven't bought any premium stuff.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.