• PresidentDude
    564 posts
    edited November 2013
    Yeah me!

I'll turn this into a monarchy
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited November 2013
    As far as I know there are 4 mods-Neo, mwdalton, lissarv68 and CL891. I know I see them pop up here and there regularly, they may just be in a section that you or others don't frequent too often. Also, like you stated it is a thankless, unpaid job that they do in addition to meeting their real world obligations (not to mention curveballs that life sometimes throws at us without warning) so they might not appear to be "around" as much as of late. I am fairly certain though that even though they may not be posting as much, they are keeping tabs so to speak and step in if and when it is necessary. That being said, I don't think you are trying to be disparaging at all towards the current mods, I just want to offer my friendly perspective.

I have been on this forum for a little over a year, I lurked a while before I started posting and for a good portion of that time there were no mods. There was a great group of people on here and it was a lot of fun, until it wasn't and a lot of great members left. Now, some stayed, some came back (a few current regulars and a few pop in here and there), some never returned. I checked out for a while and when I popped back in I was happy to see that not only were there mods, they were members that I knew as not only helpful, but fun. Until very recently I wasn't on the forum much, now that I have a bit more time I plan on being on here more because despite the bickering, the forum seems to be slowly returning to the fun place it was. I thank the mods for that, I also thank them for allowing banter, debate and sometimes heated discussion. I am glad threads aren't locked just because what is contained in the OP may not be what everyone wants to hear or because it is "negative", I have been on forums where certain member's posts either poof or are locked immediately if not sooner just because of who they are on that forum. From what I have seen, the mods step in if certain lines are crossed or dead horses are being beaten, as well they should, but I appreciate that they understand that it is okay to disagree and that not everyone has to like each other-it's the internet. To answer one question posed, yes, I think there should be a few back up or "junior" mods to assist if needed. I think they should be long time players/longer term members that are free from obvious bias against/for other members and I don't think nominating folks is the way to go (or maybe it is and I have no clue).

This turned out way longer than I intended, so TLDR: Been on this forum over a year, there are 4 mods, I respect them all and I think they are doing exactly what they need to do, I do think there should be a few "back-up" mods to assist if needed and I think they should be longer term members/players with no obvious bias toward/against other members.
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    I nominate myself.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited November 2013
    The current mods do a great job :thumbup:
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited November 2013
    I voted yes because the currently active mods are doing a great job. :thumbup: Another active one would help to lighten each mods work. If I had to vote, I'd vote for simbass7 or Indy2nd, if they would like to.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited December 2013
    tlindfors wrote:
    From what I have seen, the mods step in if certain lines are crossed or dead horses are being beaten, as well they should, but I appreciate that they understand that it is okay to disagree and that not everyone has to like each other-it's the internet. To answer one question posed, yes, I think there should be a few back up or "junior" mods to assist if needed. I think they should be long time players/longer term members that are free from obvious bias against/for other members.
    This ^ sounds about right. I have no idea who should do (or would want to do) the job - but perhaps the mods themselves would have a better idea of who would make a good mod and if there is a need for one.

Edit: It seems some people think if you post in this thread you then therefore want to be chosen as a mod. So just to be clear, I haven't the faintest idea how to be a mod nor have I the inclination. I know ... I can already hear the giant collective sigh of disappointment. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    The more the merrier? I don't think we're in desperate need of more mods, but speaking from experience in other places, it never hurts to have more than you need, and it's usually better to bring in fresh meat when the beautifully aged meat is still around to show it the ropes. (Bad analogy? Possibly. Sorry, I'm hungry.)

I wouldn't want to nominate anyone. I think the suggestions should come from the existing mods, since they know what's required, so long as their chosen are happy to do it.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited November 2013
    As forums go this one is pretty lightweight so I'd say 4 is more than enough.
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I nominate myself.

I would rather kiss a dogs * then it be uploaded on YouTube as crazy man kisses dogs * and all my friends seeing it
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I nominate myself.

I second this, despite how much I dislike this loser, it would make things around here interesting, which lately they have not been.
  • waylenchoate
    434 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    well in that case here's my quick list:

Indy
    subii
    waylen
    annette
    bee

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few

Honored for the nod man.

I would say Brettolmsted would be a good nomination too. He is very active all well liked as far as I can see.

As for the argument for or against another mod. It seems to me that the two frequent mods, Dalton and Neo are not in the US. I believe they are both aussies. There is alot that goes on when they are sleeping so I would want a US based mod to cover that time period.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013
    Re-reading the thread, I'm suddenly more concerned about being able to vote against nominations rather than for, which is a pretty sorry state of affairs :(
  • waylenchoate
    434 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    Re-reading the thread, I'm suddenly more concerned about being able to vote against nominations rather than for, which is a pretty sorry state of affairs :(

Indeed. A good mod needs to be able to diffuse tense situation/ arguments not incite them.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited November 2013
    The ones we have now are awesome. But for the sake of nominating new mods
    My pic would be
    image.jpg
    Sherryt07 .
    Who I mistakingly thought she got it the first time round :oops:
    And
    image.jpg
    Deadshot-DCU

Both are forum regulars and very rarely post junk :lol: they've been here as long as I can remember :lol: and I notice they help other guys out a lot.(and me in the past) Be it repost pictures or fix broken links and help with general faqs about the site. :thumbup:

But that's if they'd even want it! Sounds like a thankless job....although most of us do appreiate them. Especially the ones who remember what it was like with out them :lol:

• simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited November 2013
    My pic would be
    image.jpg
    Sherryt07 .
    And
    image.jpg
    Deadshot-DCU

Both are forum regulars and very rarely post junk :lol: they've been here as long as I can remember :lol: and I notice they help other guys out a lot.(and me in the past) Be it repost pictures or fix broken links and help with general faqs about the site. :thumbup:

But that's if they'd even want it! Sounds like a thankless job....although most of us do appreiate them. Especially the ones who remember what it was like with out them :lol:

+1 :thumbup:
    Plus Brettolmsted and subii
  • JoshSherer
    1643 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I nominate myself.

I would rather kiss a dogs * then it be uploaded on YouTube as crazy man kisses dogs * and all my friends seeing it

No one cares what you think.
  • waylenchoate
    434 posts Member
    edited November 2013
    simbass7 wrote:
    My pic would be
    image.jpg
    Sherryt07 .
    And
    image.jpg
    Deadshot-DCU

+1 :thumbup:
    Plus Brettolmsted and subii

That's a pretty good list.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited November 2013

Indeed. A good mod needs to be able to diffuse tense situation/ arguments not incite them.

Very true. Even if they do claim to do it to make things "interesting" or "funny".
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited November 2013
    I have to say, great call with Sherryt and Deadshot, I think both of them would do a great job.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.