EA Forums - Banner

Shameful

Prev1
Join the club I have lost a few donuts fast tapping. What I don't understand is EA implemented a "confirm" button to store items in your inventory but not when spending donuts or speeding up processes.

Replies

• IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    Join the club I have lost a few donuts fast tapping. What I don't understand is EA implemented a "confirm" button to store items in your inventory but not when spending donuts or speeding up processes.

To make you lose your donuts so you might want to buy more I guess.
  • psugold
    46 posts
    edited November 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:

Why is that surprising? They want this to happen so you buy more.

I had 16 left with nothing to use them and now I have 1 left because of misclicks and server crashes.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    Dial down the excitement and slow down.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6341 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Or you can simply tap the building once and simply let the game collect the money & xp for you. That way there's no "accidental" clicking of speeding things up.

That's how I do it and I have never had any accidental waste of donuts. I simply click the buildings and characters once & keep doing it while the game is collecting the money & xp for me. It's a win/win
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited November 2012
    From a business stand point I understand the no confirm button on donut spending. However I know EA is not hurting money wise.
  • psugold
    46 posts
    edited November 2012
    Or you can simply tap the building once and simply let the game collect the money & xp for you. That way there's no "accidental" clicking of speeding things up.

That's how I do it and I have never had any accidental waste of donuts. I simply click the buildings and characters once & keep doing it while the game is collecting the money & xp for me. It's a win/win

Yeah but the xp and $ spray on top of other buildings that people need to collect. The whole idea is to screw things up and cause misclicks. There is no good reason to have $ and Xp sit on the screen. It's a ploy.
  • psugold
    46 posts
    edited November 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    From a business stand point I understand the no confirm button on donut spending. However I know EA is not hurting money wise.

No it's bad business. If they made it harder to waste them maybe more would buy them. They are virtual. They charge less for them too they would sell more. No wonder EA is garbage. Not quite zynga garbage yet.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6341 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    psugold wrote:
    Yeah but the xp and $ spray on top of other buildings that people need to collect. The whole idea is to screw things up and cause misclicks. There is no good reason to have $ and Xp sit on the screen. It's a ploy.

SO wait until the money & xp from those buildings auto-collect before clicking the next one. It's really not gonna kill you to have a bit of patience.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    It's really not gonna kill you to have a bit of patience.
    There is no room for patience in a game as fast-paced as this.
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but no one seems to take the advice...

Click on a building and take note of where that donut button is. Notice how its in the exact same place on the screen every time, for every building? It's in the middle of the right side of the screen. Avoid clicking in that spot. If you follow this rule while you're tapping ferociously, it won't matter what you accidentally click on. I collect all of the individual $ and xp (I like the sound) and I do it fast and carelessly. I just keep repositioning the screen so that the building, money, and xp are all on the left side of the screen, far enough away from the donut button. I haven't wasted any donuts since I started doing this!
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012
    dromtsul wrote:
    Dial down the excitement and slow down.

I wasn't even collecting from a building I clicked them as a joke and then I didn't click cancel in time
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:
    I've said this before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but no one seems to take the advice...

Click on a building and take note of where that donut button is. Notice how its in the exact same place on the screen every time, for every building? It's in the middle of the right side of the screen. Avoid clicking in that spot. If you follow this rule while you're tapping ferociously, it won't matter what you accidentally click on. I collect all of the individual $ and xp (I like the sound) and I do it fast and carelessly. I just keep repositioning the screen so that the building, money, and xp are all on the left side of the screen, far enough away from the donut button. I haven't wasted any donuts since I started doing this!

I wasn't collecting from the building though I've never done this while tapping buildings I hit speed up as a joke and didn't hit cancel in time
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6341 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I wasn't even collecting from a building I clicked them as a joke and then I didn't click cancel in time

smh
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012

I wasn't even collecting from a building though that's the thing I hit speed up as a joke and didn't hit cancel In time
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
    Okay, now say it again without quoting someone.
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012

smh

What does that mean
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited November 2012
  • psugold
    46 posts
    edited November 2012
    psugold wrote:

SO wait until the money & xp from those buildings auto-collect before clicking the next one. It's really not gonna kill you to have a bit of patience.

Yeah I have an hour free each time
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited November 2012
    dromtsul wrote:

Ahh ok I know my actions are shameful :p
  • xrobotlove
    538 posts
    edited November 2012
    xrobotlove wrote:

I wasn't collecting from the building though I've never done this while tapping buildings I hit speed up as a joke and didn't hit cancel in time

Uh... Okay... Then you just answered the question you used as your thread title. Ie, it keeps happening because you're making it happen.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.