EA Forums - Banner

An empty taskbook

Prev1
I love it like that, hate having these random tasks that have no progress

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've only got one task sitting there at the moment (moonshine) still got another 23 days before i can get rid of it, Christmas Corn holding me up :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited December 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    I've only got one task sitting there at the moment (moonshine) still got another 23 days before i can get rid of it, Christmas Corn holding me up :)

^exactly. I was just thinking, 'well obvioulsy they aren't growing Christmas corn.' ;)
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited December 2013
    edit: remove duplicate post...
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    The empty taskbook has been my goal since day 1! Closest I've come was 2 tasks. Stupid Krustyland.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Zero task, that's odd. I wish I had zero tasks in my task book. The lingering tasks just bugs me for some reason. Skinner has wanted to shop at the KM since Whacking Day.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6297 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I could never have an empty task book because I keep getting these stupid random tasks. I wish they would do away with them.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    I could never have an empty task book because I keep getting these stupid random tasks. I wish they would do away with them.

I try to avoid them for Homer and Lisa, who usually are one short task so I can frequently expolit my re-appearing nuclear waste barrels. However, whereas I usually get one or tow of those side quests when I'm down to one or two unfinished tasks, I only seem to be getting one at a time right now (at the moment, it's harvesting Moonshine for the umpteenth time).
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013

I try to avoid them for Homer and Lisa, who usually are one short task so I can frequently expolit my re-appearing nuclear waste barrels. However, whereas I usually get one or tow of those side quests when I'm down to one or two unfinished tasks, I only seem to be getting one at a time right now (at the moment, it's harvesting Moonshine for the umpteenth time).

I've only started getting those today. At first I thought it was great (a little badge of honour, in my mind) but I'm already sick of it. I really hope crops ones don't show up - I'm not tapping the last handshake on my corn unless someone shows up and puts a gun to my head, and they'll drive me nuts just sitting there!
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    I really hope crops ones don't show up - I'm not tapping the last handshake on my corn unless someone shows up and puts a gun to my head, and they'll drive me nuts just sitting there!

The bad news is: Crop ones definitely will show up, and unlike with the character ones, which disappear when you leave your Springfield without tapping the exclamation mark, there's no way to avoid them...
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited December 2013
    My taskbook was empty nearly all day yesterday, but then last night Willie shut himself up to work on his manifesto. It seems anticipation for the holidays affects us all differently. :D
  • Dalekbuster523
    914 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Must be boring to have a empty taskbook. Glad I have plenty of tasks.
    The Real Dalekbuster523, Coming Soon to Nethersphere Online
  • ultimatechick
    236 posts
    edited December 2013
    In my experience, it seems like crop tasks pop up only when you don't click the speech bubbles... random tasks are irksome, but I'd suggest doing 'em faithfully if you want to preserve the corn.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I do all of the random tasks and have been prompted many times to grow certain crops. Perfection irritates me to no end!
  • TT_Degnan
    471 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not entirely sure I've ever had one of these random tasks...

But my task at certainly isn't empty.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You are lucky. I think I've only had an empty task book for about 5 minutes. It seems 1 or 2 people always want to be on task. And if not them, then the farm wants something. It's why I'll probably never grow corn. I get random prompts for farm stuff every 2 days it seems.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    I love having it empty. Too much clutter with randomness.

In terms of the farm tasks appearing, I'd keep the random ones there (3) as that is the max it generates. If you keep clearing them, then a farm task will auto generate if you don't get 3 !s.

I found it's harder for the game to generate ! if you have all the characters in Krustyland. I think there's a period of time where it decides that character can't be next on the random list, then selects the next one.

Right now it want's Marge to walk Maggie, but she's busy speeding up the corn. Willie apparently needs to wax the floors, but I'm waiting for a proper 24 hour moment. I definitely don't want to lock him up with Christmas coming.

Perfection appeared the other day, but still 55 some days on corn, so that will be there for a long time.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    This morning I had a clear task panel, that was until the prompt to harvest Tomacco came about this afternoon....

BTW just recieved an update of 200 mb!
  • dgwglenn
    722 posts
    edited December 2013
    This morning I had a clear task panel, that was until the prompt to harvest Tomacco came about this afternoon....

BTW just recieved an update of 200 mb!

Saw your btw and immediately went to the App Store and saw I had one update ready. Turned out to be for Star Walk. Had me going for a second.
    I never got into the X'mas corn so I have just the one Moonshine task in progress in my task book.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited December 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

LOL, 19 days for me. I got the moonshine task two days into the corn build, so I've been staring at that icon for a while now. Based on the complaints here, I assume the game automatically gives you a farm quest for free with every corn crop you start.

And yeah, I like an empty task bar, but it's been a while since I enjoyed it.
  • josiesmelko
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I hate thr random tasks. I really wish they would do away with non story line quests. I'd love an empty task book.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.