EA Forums - Banner

suggestion requested: my fence is 'invisible'

didemlale wrote:
Hi, hope it is not a repeat (couldn't find anything).

In my Springfield, there is a array of chain fences to seperate the reactor and Krusty burger but whenever I put a fence on a particular spot, this fence becomes 'invisible' on that spot (fences located on both sides to this invisible fences are visible). I can tap on that invisible fence and store it but no way, it can't be seen. I restarted the game, put reactor, burger, all fences etc in the storage and put them back but doesn't help. Has anyone experienced it and if yes, could you fix it? any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I'm wondering if the app somehow thinks that something is "in front of" the section of fence in question. For this particular fence item, is it completely invisible or is is only part of it invisible? What happens if you put something equally small in that same location, say one of the small shrubs? Just spitballing here; I don't recall hearing this particular problem before.

Replies

• didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Thanks KrustyBrand for your reply. I tried a small shrub but I can't locate the shrub there. Two fences are invisible that are right next to buiding. I guess I am not supposed to locate fence on that area, even if it allows me to put the fence there. Only when I tap on the fence, I can see it. Anyway, I changed the location of Krustyburger. If you want to see photos about the fence, please find link below. Thanks again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    didemlale wrote:
    Thanks KrustyBrand for your reply. I tried a small shrub but I can't locate the shrub there. Two fences are invisible that are right next to buiding. I guess I am not supposed to locate fence on that area, even if it allows me to put the fence there. Only when I tap on the fence, I can see it. Anyway, I changed the location of Krustyburger. If you want to see photos about the fence, please find link below. Thanks again.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I played around with this phenomena a bit in my own town just to get a better understanding of what you were describing. I think your diagnosis is spot on. You're really not supposed to be able to put a fence flush against the purple wall, but, due to some bug in the problem, you are allowed to do so. And, depending on exactly where in front of the wall you place it, the fence is rendered invisible. Weird glitch.
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yes, it is weird and nothing helps to fix it really. Thanks a lot for your time!
  • dcline414
    863 posts
    edited November 2012
    I have tried similar placement of a fence beside a road, and was not able to place the fence at all. It is truly annoying that the fence requires the square immediately NW or NE (depending on orientation) to be vacant. So in the orientation you have it now, you can have a fence immediately NW of a road/object with no space between, but cannot place the fence SE of the road/object without leaving one empty square.

This has thrown off MANY (maybe all) of the fences I have placed and prevents most designs from being truly semetrical without wasting lots of space. One of my biggest design-related complaints in the game.
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    I agree with you. Rotation, location ... of the fences is killing me off. When I use fences, I need to waste a huge area. It is really discouraging.
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    This has also occurred in my town on a couple of buildings. I ended up moving the fence out from the building. Too bad, though, because once you've placed the fence, it looks good there, so you think "excellent!"
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    I really love fences but apparently they are problematic. I won't give up, I am still placing fences :-)
  • albert2k
    271 posts
    edited November 2012
    You can move this two more square.
  • chaiguy1337
    65 posts
    edited November 2012
    Wow, you should not be able to place the fence there. That must be a bug. The reactor core is occupying the same space on the map and two things should not be able to share the same space.
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I had to move the fence one or two square. And completely right, I am not supposed to put the fence there but the game lets me to do that to punish my fence by making it invisible. I love this game but I am a bit tired of experiencing bugs.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.