EA Forums - Banner

New Updates on Android

I'm on Android and I've got the new update. It downloaded and then I had to force close the app and re-start it for the quest to trigger.

As far as I know, EA roll out the updates on both the App store and Play store at the same time.

Replies

• direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Edit: What darrenholm736 said.
  • TotalTapper
    348 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm on 'droid too, def got the update. but now the game won't get past loading screen....

Merry xmas from EA I guess!??!?!

Guess I'll reinstall for the 100th time, good thing I don't have a data plan or anything!
  • fizzbin71825
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm on Android and I had no issues at all - downloaded, started the game, quests came right up even with Lisa & Skinner already on tasks.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    Even if your argument was valid and they were hours apart, are you really going to complain about the difference in a couple of hours? Is there no topic someone wont make a thread and complain about?
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The in-game updates for iOS and Android reside on the same exact server. The reason iTunes and Google Play update at different times is just how busy each market is at processing update requests when EA submits it.
  • luckofthedru
    30 posts
    edited December 2013
    Ok, but the android users who said they have it, can you provide a screen shot? I've restarted the app and my phone several times and I still have no update :(
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited December 2013
    Ok, but the android users who said they have it, can you provide a screen shot? I've restarted the app and my phone several times and I still have no update :(

I provided screenshots here...
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9835587.page#30961559
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited December 2013
    Downloaded the small update, dialogue commenced between Skinner and Lisa, despite both being already on tasks.

On android here.

FeeFye
  • Spenson66
    557 posts Member
    edited December 2013

You phone / cell provider / internet provider might cache data preventing you from getting the update. There isn't a whole lot you can do other than wait.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11620 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    spAnser wrote:

You phone / cell provider / internet provider might cache data preventing you from getting the update. There isn't a whole lot you can do other than wait.
    or try clearing the cache from browser? That sometimes helps with app store updates (other hen force closing game and playstore)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • luckofthedru
    30 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tried clearing the cache, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game, still no update. Is anyone else having this issue or is there maybe something else I can try?
  • luckofthedru
    30 posts
    edited December 2013
    It finally updated. Don't know why it took so long, but it's fixed. So any news on the Christmas update, is it tomorrow or on Dec 8th?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.