EA Forums - Banner

tapaholic support group

Replies

• Aphra82
    61 posts
    edited December 2013
    Another tapoholic here.
    jippy6048 wrote:
    ......I am huddled under the covers as to not wake husband with the glow of my ipad while I type and tap.

I tried to do this once a few weeks ago when I woke up at 6.30am and my partner was still asleep. He woke up and caught me in the act. Very embarrassing as I had successfully hidden my tapping addiction from him until then. :oops: Now when he sees me playing he nags me to stop.

He doesn't play TSTO, so he doesn't understand....
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello I'm ChrissieR. I live in a place called Springfield and for my holidays I go to Squidport. I stay at the Sleep-Easy motel on the sea front. Sometimes I take the children to Krustyland for a treat. I live in a white house close to the general hospital. I have lots of friends although not many ladies live here so have to make to with the fellas. The children are a right bunch and cause no end of trouble. Just occasionally I travel to a place called 'real life' where I get to converse with these very strange aliens called 'real people'. What is this talk about addiction?
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • mbaer513
    19 posts
    edited December 2013
    I don't have a problem. So what that it's 2 am and I'm posting on the forums. I can stop whenever I feel like it, I just don't want to right now.
  • fmarazzo30851
    53 posts
    edited December 2013
    I know I'm a tapaholic because I get excited when I hear homer say "better them than me!"
  • SalvatoreLoz86
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hi, my name is SalvatoreLoz86 and im a TAPAHOLIC!
    It started Feb 2013 while looking for new games on my Google nexus and found TSTO and IT has taken over my life, i play all day everyday, doing hour tasks. Spend time making sure my town looks good, and have even gotten my Fianc?e and my Mother addicted to the game.
    I even play my Fianc?es game while he's at work!

I have to admit i kinda over did it over Halloween playing mine and Fianc?es game, and have been burnt out a bit and have gone from hour to 4 hour tasks!
    But i know for a fact as soon as Christmas update hits ill be back to every all day everyday hour tasks visiting all 100 friends daily!!
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    My tapping addiction got to the highest at whacking day, woke up during the night to tap snakes ( i know sad right ) :)

My name is subii and im a tapaholic
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited December 2013
    My tablet is never off. I have a charger plugged in right next to my armchair. Since I finished work for a career break on 18th Oct I doubt I have gone more than a couple of hours without checking in...... I have also spent money galore on donuts!

now, as I type, all my characters are off task so they are ready for the xmas update..... I even rushed the whole episode tie in to ensure it would not interfere!

I bought the sub and am now seriously considering buying another boatload in case my 330 donuts remaining are not "enough".

My name is Rick and I am a tapaholic

BUT I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT :D:lol::lol: 8)
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    D'oh! But I don't want to be helped although it's clear I have a problem... 1 feeder town and three regular towns all with premiums :/ it's no wonder I cant afford a car when all my money belongs to EA (who knows, maybe they bought something nice). Tapaholics Anonymous!
  • noahsun123
    165 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello, my name is Noah

And I think I have a- Excuse me ill be in 4 hours I have some redesigning to do.

Okay I'm bac- Oh wait, my buildings aren't in perfect symmetry.

Anyway, as I- DAMN HOMER I DONT CARE IF YOUR DONE ATTEMPTING TO MELT SNOW, IM WRITING A FORUM POST HERE! Be right back.

Okay nothing can stop me no- Oh wait, gotta check the AppStore for Christmas.
  • noahsun123
    165 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    Hello my name is MaxxSpider

2+2=4

3+4=7

1+8=9

Please help me I can't stop the addition

I can't either, it's horrible, also your funny. 986+567=1553
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited December 2013
    If only there was a warning before i started, if only.

I think we were warned... :wink:

• MexGamer607
    56 posts
    edited December 2013
    chelsp88 wrote:
    my name is chelsea, and i am not sure if i am actually a tapaholic...

i play every day, but only on 12hr tasks (unless its a questline).
    i don't buy donuts.

hmm

You are a inspiration to many of us
  • chelsp88
    160 posts
    edited December 2013
    chelsp88 wrote:
    my name is chelsea, and i am not sure if i am actually a tapaholic...

i play every day, but only on 12hr tasks (unless its a questline).
    i don't buy donuts.

hmm

You are a inspiration to many of us

My real-life friends think i have a problem with the game... if only they knew some of my addicted neighbours
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Why was the name of this tread changed

It was originally Addition support group

By changing the name you completely changed the content

Now it is no longer for people that cant stop adding
  • dustync1984
    40 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hi, my name is Dustyn and I'm a tapaholic. I've been playing TSTO since March 2013 and it's gotten to a point where I can't stop myself from logging into my game repeatedly throughout the day and spend hours tapping every day. My wife thinks I've got a serious problem with it and says that I spend all of my time on the game and never spend time with her because of it. She plays the game, too, but she's not nearly as addicted as I am. I'm also an American soldier about to PCS then deploy and I worry about how much time I'll be able to have to play TSTO. And one more thing ... I'm getting pretty aggravated how I've got a 100 friends and none of them ever want to tap on my SP tile! About 20% of my friends have tiles to tap on and I make a good effort almost everyday to check everyone's SP to make sure they have a tile to tap and those that do I tap but I don't get any love in return, which upsets me to no end!
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I know I'm a tapaholic because I get excited when I hear homer say "better them than me!"

This one made me burst out laughing! At night, My cellphone is on the bedside table, and the iPad is across the room. Sometimes my son calls at night. He says I never answer. But when Homer's voice comes from across the room, I ALWAYS hear it. (My son wants to change my ringtone ...)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hi, my name is Bethannie, and i'm a tapaholic.

when i wake up: i tap
    breaks at school: i tap
    relaxing at home: i tap
    before bed: i tap away lying in bed until i start to fall asleep

and you know what? i *love* it :D
  • biebel
    58 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi, my name is biebel and I'm a tapaholic.

When I'm tapping during break hour and a phone call interrupts my game I get annoyed, even when it's my girlfriend.

When someone says 'Better you than me', I can't help hearing 'Oh wait, it is me' in my mind.

When I'm home alone seated at the pc, the phrase 'I'm sorry, but I'm only typing with one hand' got a whole new meaning in a chat box ;).

Subconsciously I know exactly which buildings and characters will be ready whenever I log in.

Luckily I have restrained myself from buying more donuts than I have squandered out of ignorance.

In addition: 13 + 29 = 42

*Edited to help the word add or something*
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    One of these days I'm going to only put my characters on 24 hour tasks and only check my town once a day. I'll start tomorrow. Unless there's an update. Or a new level. You know what? Maybe next week.
  • empathy77
    4191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Hello, my name is Matt and I am an addict. I've been playing since May 2013 but I missed Wacking day. Tapped out runs my life and haunts my dreams. I promised my friends and family after the Halloween event that I would take at least 24 hours off, I have not yet done that and cant image doing it.

For Halloween, I dressed up as Homer and my girlfriend was Marge. Its took her a long time to accept my addiction. I tried to get her addicted to it but she refuses. I have gotten 3 friends and 2 family members addicted as well. We hold meetings with stale donuts and coffee.

I have tapped at red lights, I have tapped in meetings, my work is suffering from spending so much time on this forum and playing the game. I tell myself its just a game, an innocent game. But there is nothing innocent about it!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.