EA Forums - Banner

Come on guys, let's be good neighbors

Prev13
You do realize that some people's tiles are disappearing because they are maxed out, right?

Replies

• baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yes, that does happen, but from what I've seen, the day the corn comes up people are pulling the tile. And the individuals on my list are popping up on MY tile AND I'm getting no love on my channel 6. So it seems like they're taking advantage of multi-tile taps while ignoring any building that might help me. While I try to distribute my taps. Basically I'm saying be a good neighbor.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    Some people take this game WAYYYYYYY to seriously. I would hate to play monopoly with you.
  • MrWhiplash82
    766 posts
    edited December 2013
    You do sound like a great guy to be friends with. Especially in real life.
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    You do sound like a great guy to be friends with. Especially in real life.

*sarcasm?*
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    Some people take this game WAYYYYYYY to seriously. I would hate to play monopoly with you.

No kidding. I'm just grateful that my neighbors effing visit. 75% of my 51 neighbors have never visited the forum and know zero about the tapping glitches... I hate growing corn, did it once and about 3 days after I harvested it, someone posted about the corn glitch... I hate playing monopoly period... Unless it's a free-for-all....
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:

Because I think everyone should try to be nice and not take advantage of each other?
  • jkl714415
    89 posts
    edited December 2013
    You do realize that some people's tiles are disappearing because they are maxed out, right?

At what point is one maxed out? I have roughly 90 tiles on my Squidport and another 230 in inventory. How much further do I have?
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    jkl714415 wrote:

At what point is one maxed out? I have roughly 90 tiles on my Squidport and another 230 in inventory. How much further do I have?

I have 412 currently. My bet is when the tile number equals the complete coverage of the water with tiles. I'll see if I can calculate the number you can fit. But still what are the chances EVERY SINGLE person on my list is maxing tiles right when their corn finishes?
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

Because I think everyone should try to be nice and not take advantage of each other?

I don't know how to respond to this. Have you ever tried to explain to a crazy person that they're crazy? It's hard.

To put it simply, I don't care what my neighbors tap, or what they do in their town. If they visit me, cool. If they tap my tile, I'll go tap theirs. If not, well, if not has never even crossed my mind. Who cares this much about maximizing your potential for gaining in game wealth. It has no value anymore, we all have enough cash to ride out this game for the rest of it's life. As far as XP goes, earning 6 free donuts a month or earning 9 free donuts a month, again I don't really care. I have other things in my life that I worry about, I play TSTO for fun to escape my worries, not to create new ones.
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

I don't know how to respond to this. Have you ever tried to explain to a crazy person that they're crazy? It's hard.

To put it simply, I don't care what my neighbors tap, or what they do in their town. If they visit me, cool. If they tap my tile, I'll go tap theirs. If not, well, if not has never even crossed my mind. Who cares this much about maximizing your potential for gaining in game wealth. It has no value anymore, we all have enough cash to ride out this game for the rest of it's life. As far as XP goes, earning 6 free donuts a month or earning 9 free donuts a month, again I don't really care. I have other things in my life that I worry about, I play TSTO for fun to escape my worries, not to create new ones.

Word.
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

And that's all well and good. Except others play differently than you. Criticizing a play style is the real stupidity. Responding to MY play style with flabberghast-ment is an absurd thing to do. Half the people on my list were added because a totally different thread proposed adding people based on tapping tiles and farms. I'm merely expressing a consternation with a change in the proposed structure of that arrangement to people I added FROM THIS FORUM. I enjoy playing the game but I play it differently. If you don't like it, why on earth did you respond?
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

And that's all well and good. Except others play differently than you. Criticizing a play style is the real stupidity. Responding to MY play style with flabberghast-ment is an absurd thing to do. Half the people on my list were added because a totally different thread proposed adding people based on tapping tiles and farms. I'm merely expressing a consternation with a change in the proposed structure of that arrangement to people I added FROM THIS FORUM. I enjoy playing the game but I play it differently. If you don't like it, why on earth did you respond?

Let the record show that this moron started the name calling, not me.

You called me stupid for criticizing someones playstyle, in a thread you created, CRITICIZING THE PLAYSTYLE OF ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!!!! Hypocritical much? Well, I would go on trying to make you look stupid, but you've taken care of that for me. Thanks! Happy Holidays, idiot!

EDIT: BTW I didn't criticize your playstyle, I criticized your priorities, and therefore, your lifestyle.
    Another Edit: Actually I didn't even criticize you, I just said I wouldn't want to play monopoly with you. You're a jerk.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I hope I've been a good neighbor! You have been. I never planted corn, but I hit my blasted last tile and was maxed out. I noticed the same when some of my neighbors had corn ready...those neighbors stopped visiting me simultaneously. I don't bother with tapping a farm or channel 6 unless they show something with a decent payout. Being that Xmas is just around the corner, I will be putting my farm and channel 6 back in their appropriate spots, btw.
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:
    HCoinslot wrote:

Let the record show that this moron started the name calling, not me.

You called me stupid for criticizing someones playstyle, in a thread you created, CRITICIZING THE PLAYSTYLE OF ALL OF YOUR NEIGHBORS!!!!!!! Hypocritical much? Well, I would go on trying to make you look stupid, but you've taken care of that for me. Thanks! Happy Holidays, idiot!

EDIT: BTW I didn't criticize your playstyle, I criticized your priorities, and therefore, your lifestyle.

You sir should read more acrefully. I called your ACTIONS stupid. I very rarely call a person themselves stupid. Thoughts and process really should go together. MY playstyle and whole bunch of other people on here is very different than yours. Neither is correct. It's just different. You apparently think you are God's gift to TSTO, giving you carte blanche to criticize others. I was pointing out your lack of complete thinking. Myself and others on here have an implicit agreement to MAXIMIZE our donut harvesting using the mechanics of the game to our mutual advantage. When one party is not holding up their end of the bargain, the other party has the right to call the violating party out. That's fair play.

And you don't follow this playstyle. Instead of being all "whatever, it doesn't affect me" and going your own way. You commented and explicitly criticized a different playstyle. You are self-centered, egotistical, idiotic, misdirected and lack critical thinking skills and have set of misdirected priorities that it boggles my mind. That's ME evaluating YOU. I don't even need insults. I can just tell you who you ARE. Which IMO is far better. Insult away. Your gross stupidity is of no nevermind to me. You are ignored henceforth sir.
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    jasonbd77 wrote:
    I hope I've been a good neighbor! You have been. I never planted corn, but I hit my blasted last tile and was maxed out. I noticed the same when some of my neighbors had corn ready...those neighbors stopped visiting me simultaneously. I don't bother with tapping a farm or channel 6 unless they show something with a decent payout. Being that Xmas is just around the corner, I will be putting my farm and channel 6 back in their appropriate spots, btw.

Thanks Jason. You have been a good neghbor. Just tapped out your tile a few minutes ago. Enjoy the tile and XP!
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    So I have begun to notice that friends I've added since we all discovered the ability to stack handshakes on "farms" have started being "unfriendly." Perhaps unhelpful or greedy is a better way to put it. The primary way in which I see this playing out is with people who have completed their corn growing. Once the corns is complete, I have seen their tile disappear. Essentially this means that when I visit them, I can only tap on corn, channel 6 and stage (if they have it), giving me 2XP, while when they visit me (if they even do) they can tap on my tile, which I'm keeping up since it gives MY visitors 800+ XP. I consider this a very unfriendly and greedy move by other TSTO players as you are benefiting without helping out others.

So I propose a set of rules for players. If you are going to partake in the tile, channel 6, farm, stage tapping, we use rules:
    1) Tap the corn if they have it
    2) Tile after that
    3) Then Channel 6
    4) Then stage
    5) YOU keep ALL of these available for YOUR friends too. Don't take your tile out to try and get your non-corn having friends to tap the corn while you get XP for hitting their tile
    6) Wait 4-5 days at least before thinking someone is a *. Everyone has probably accidentally reset one of their farms (Hopefully you don't do that to your corn!)
    7) If someone IS a *, delete them. Don't let them take advantage. When they find they have 0 friends to tap their corn, maybe they'll be nicer.
    8)Try to reorganize your farms so they are either at the start location or near your Squidport entrance. Make them easy to find please!

Thoughts?

EDIT: If anyone agrees to these rules, add me. My channel 6 is resetting currently but should be ready tonight. My tile is up and my farm is cooking corn. So you'll two out of three on me.

And you put these thing in your landing zone, right? Or maybe put some shrub arrows to lead the way?

I'm happy to visit and get visited. Tap, don't tap, oh well. I'm not going to spend anywhere from 2-5 minutes per neighbours town to find these things.
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    Criticizing a play style is the real stupidity.

Still laughing at the guy who CREATED a thread criticizing other people's playing style
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    You are the only one here criticizing anyone. I offered my view on the game, in a public forum. I never said your views should be more like mine. You are the one who started a thread to tell your neighbors what they need to do.

Calling someone's actions stupid, and expecting them to not take it as a person insult, is unreasonable. That is apparently a life lesson you've yet to learn. Have fun with the vast wealth you gain from playing TSTO.
  • baeckerj
    46 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    So I have begun to notice that friends I've added since we all discovered the ability to stack handshakes on "farms" have started being "unfriendly." Perhaps unhelpful or greedy is a better way to put it. The primary way in which I see this playing out is with people who have completed their corn growing. Once the corns is complete, I have seen their tile disappear. Essentially this means that when I visit them, I can only tap on corn, channel 6 and stage (if they have it), giving me 2XP, while when they visit me (if they even do) they can tap on my tile, which I'm keeping up since it gives MY visitors 800+ XP. I consider this a very unfriendly and greedy move by other TSTO players as you are benefiting without helping out others.

So I propose a set of rules for players. If you are going to partake in the tile, channel 6, farm, stage tapping, we use rules:
    2) Tile after that
    3) Then Channel 6
    4) Then stage
    5) YOU keep ALL of these available for YOUR friends too. Don't take your tile out to try and get your non-corn having friends to tap the corn while you get XP for hitting their tile
    6) Wait 4-5 days at least before thinking someone is a *. Everyone has probably accidentally reset one of their farms (Hopefully you don't do that to your corn!)
    7) If someone IS a *, delete them. Don't let them take advantage. When they find they have 0 friends to tap their corn, maybe they'll be nicer.
    8)Try to reorganize your farms so they are either at the start location or near your Squidport entrance. Make them easy to find please!

Thoughts?

EDIT: If anyone agrees to these rules, add me. My channel 6 is resetting currently but should be ready tonight. My tile is up and my farm is cooking corn. So you'll two out of three on me.

And you put these thing in your landing zone, right? Or maybe put some shrub arrows to lead the way?

I'm happy to visit and get visited. Tap, don't tap, oh well. I'm not going to spend anywhere from 2-5 minutes per neighbours town to find these things.

I went the route of sticking everything near my Squidport entrance. Figured that was easier than the landing zone whichh I had paved and housed. Add me if you want.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts
    edited December 2013
    baeckerj wrote:
    baeckerj wrote:

2) Tile after that
    3) Then Channel 6
    4) Then stage

Thoughts?

I went the route of sticking everything near my Squidport entrance. Figured that was easier than the landing zone whichh I had paved and housed. Add me if you want.

Your story checks out.

You have to add me just because I have a higher message count than you. I know its weird, but people really care about their post count around here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!