How do you plan/visit/arrange?
tunseeker1 wrote:Ok here are 3 things I keep seeing topics on so I have to make a new one!
How do you plan your city? Buy land?
How do you visit neighbors?
How much premium content did you buy?
1) Whatever next available spot I think the next building will look best in, I buy. Occasionally, I've planned a spot well ahead of time and left it empty, and a couple times I've moved something to give it more space, make way for something else, or both. I mostly buy land when I'll be needing it, when I see something on it I want (like a burning bush) or when garbage at the very edge of it is keeping me from putting a street in. Or I buy it because the area is starting to look strange and expanding the land just looks better. (That's a more recent development, as I've started having a bit more cash available on occasion. There's still quite a bit of land I'd like to buy to give the edge of my town some breathing room, even though I don't know what exactly to put there.)
2) I first visit neighbors who I have seen visit me regularly, then I'll visit others when/if I have the time. I like getting the xp of visiting, so I try to do it regularly, but I can't always get everyone.
3) I've bought two premiums. I don't have a lot of money for donuts, so I mostly have to save up and maybe buy the last few that I need for something. It's slow going most of the time (Halloween was a donut bonanza and allowed be to get the ray gun) but I just have to prioritize what I want most and work for it. Like, I'd like a grove of apple trees, but I'd rather have Frink's lab, so I'm saving instead of buying an apple tree whenever I have 15 donuts. A lot of players have bought a lot more donuts than me, though.
This discussion has been closed.
2-Normally I would visit al my neighbours regularly, but lately I've been too tired after work so I leave it until each Sunday & occasionally during the week.
3-I've thought bugger it & bought all the premium items just to add colour & excitement to my town.
2. I visit a few times a week, sometimes more. Admittedly, I'm not a very good neighbor outside events. I always check if there is a tile, if I can find the other buildings easily I will tap them.
3. I have quite a lot of premium items.
Figured I'd just start with that.
I have been playing since the beginning. Coming up on a 2 year anniversary. But I've been through many town designs.
1). I design my town for me. And me only. I have my residential area and my commercial area separated by a river, with some exceptions. Prison is one exception. As far as land goes I am beyond maxed out. And I know lots of people are annoyed by the "I need more land threads" but I NEED MORE LAND.
2). I visit my neighbors 2-3x a week during non event times. Not the greatest I know but come event time everyday. And I try not to be that * friend that only taps kwik-e-mart and simpson house.
3). Premium Items: Yes, I have them all. I'm missing Shawna, the * pattys day toughie and the newest 100 donut museum. Why? Because I simply don't have room. And no, I'm not a house farmer.
2) I try visit neighbours every day, but sometimes I am busy. I am not sure if I should visit today, because maybe the update is coming after the episode today.
3) I have Otto and the Schoolbus, Moleman, Bumblebeeman, the Mayflower, SVT, and the tupid zombie dog (regret that one!!)
Hopefully we get more land with the snow!
1) Urban planning.. Pfft..
Land.. Saved up, selected the buy land icon bought land..
2) Click friends icon, click friends towns...
3) Somewhere between too much, and not enough..
Yes, maybe I will visit now then, for either way, I have to wait some hours to visit if the event start after the show (which is for me early morning tomorrow) Thank you, I will visit them today then
I can add, when I visit towns, I click on either stae, ch.6, tile or farm, but it is not very often I search all over town to find them, unless they are in the landing zone, or near the squidport.
I hope the up-coming event is based on visiting neighbours as well, I think that was great at halloween!
2) Thats tough... If there is an event I visit daily otherwise only one time per week. Im fairly busy.
3) Almost all premium characters. Decorations should be really good to lure me while buildings without characters are not really my thing. The only building I have of that kind is the Sprawl Mart.
But atm I am building a great big art piece!
I visit all neighbors and start keeping track when my name starts appearing on I keep refreshing their farm. This week I had to rotate some neighbor to a morning shift as they were getting way pass my bedtime. Now they will rotate back to evening as I start my week of no wifi available employment
I have the the ray gun, caldron, bad dream house, and the previous mention non yellow submarine. Although the ray gun shot marge in the bristles; she lost control and crashed into the ray gun. That ruined her skin and Fink refuses to honor his warranty on the ray gun. Can't do anything about that until we get the Courthouse