EA Forums - Banner

I hear it every day, yet I can't help but to think he's saying it wrong ...

2Next

Replies

• chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Does Lou say something like "Nailed Bob!"?
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    more worrying is when Kent says "you nailed me"
  • lyle_catcliffe
    1266 posts Member
    edited December 2013

"Hey, that's assault!"
  • FeeFyeFoeFum
    245 posts
    edited December 2013
    Terrible.

I used to think either Legs or Louie said "Kick * is my one weakness" until it dawned on me that it must be tear gas and not kick * lol.

I used to think he said 'kick * is my one weakness', I kinda assumed he either liked off the wall super hero movies or just enjoyed beating people up......

Is it just me or is Otto one of the quietest characters? I like hearing his comments but they always seem quieter than most of the other characters.

FeeFye
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited December 2013
    "HOMOS, I'm on my way!"

Right..?

Sounds like that to me :mrgreen:

That is SO what I thought I heard when I first started playing. :shock: I still think it sounds dangerously close to this. :wink:
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited December 2013
    essrose wrote:
    Since starting this game I feel compelled to add "come again" every time I say thank you.

I have that written in flowers & bushes in my landing zone. :oops:

Now, if you start responding to requests with, "I'm on it like barnacles on a hull!" then I'd see a professional. :wink:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    Terrible.

I used to think either Legs or Louie said "Kick * is my one weakness" until it dawned on me that it must be tear gas and not kick * lol.

I used to think he said 'kick * is my one weakness', I kinda assumed he either liked off the wall super hero movies or just enjoyed beating people up......

Is it just me or is Otto one of the quietest characters? I like hearing his comments but they always seem quieter than most of the other characters.

FeeFye

Otto's soundbites are poor to say the least. He has said some ammusing things throughout the years and were a missed opportunity in the game.

"Wow. I've never been referred to as an adult before. I've been tried as one.|"

"It's not my fault. The drinking fountain dared me to do it. "

• philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

But what is sea captain saying? I ate citrus for weeks and i wear it like a wrist? Hahaha i know, doesnt make much sense but i hear that every time
  • Airion
    262 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    All I'm getting from this thread is that some of you need devices with better speakers.

Or hearing aids.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

But what is sea captain saying? I ate citrus for weeks and i wear it like a wrist? Hahaha i know, doesnt make much sense but i hear that every time

Quite sure it's...."I ate citrus for weeks and I'm raring for a kill"
  • lisaseviltwin
    207 posts
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

I always thought it was "I ain't had citrus for a week, and I'm rarin' fer a kill!" - being a reference to scurvy. :?:
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

sounds way more plausible :mrgreen:
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

I always thought it was "I ain't had citrus for a week, and I'm rarin' fer a kill!" - being a reference to scurvy. :?:

Yep I got the Scurvy reference as well. You could be right about the "ain't had" :thumbup:
  • Phonedave
    65 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's terrible but there's a couple phrases that used to trip me up in the game.

"Tear gas is my one weakness" - I used hear kicking a** all the time until I realized like mikeydluffy it couldn't be right. "Call Moe's, I'm on my way!" confuses so many people too although I never misheard that one :lol:

I heard "pig a** is my one weakness" and that REALLY did not make sense.

• skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited December 2013
    Terrible.

And there was I thinking he was saying 'big *' is one of his weaknesses .......
  • philippama998
    738 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

Yep I got the Scurvy reference as well. You could be right about the "ain't had" :thumbup:

the scurvy reference i got but the rest remaind hidden from me. I am happy he is not having citrus wrist hahahaha
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    ...Something terrible...

the scurvy reference i got but the rest remaind hidden from me. I am happy he is not having citrus wrist hahahaha

I'm sure citrus wrist is preferable over athlete's tentacle :mrgreen:
  • MuleHeadJoe
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It appears that my question was not clear at the beginning ... I'm not axing you people which word is used by Kang in the game, I already know it's "terrible" ... I'm wondering how many people think that the idiom is incorrect as used in the game? I've heard, and used, the idiom "I'm getting [thing] something fierce" for decades ... when I heard Kang declare he was getting athlete's tentacle "something terrible" it drove me nuts ... so I'm wondering if anybody else thinks the idiom should be "something fierce".

Bonus question, if you prefer 'something fierce', is the use of 'something terrible' by Kang intentional -- i.e., the alien is ironically misusing a common idiom, or is it unintentional -- the script writers are ignorant of the proper idiom?

:-D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pemberleypark
    27 posts
    edited December 2013
    It appears that my question was not clear at the beginning ... I'm not axing you people which word is used by Kang in the game, I already know it's "terrible" ... I'm wondering how many people think that the idiom is incorrect as used in the game? I've heard, and used, the idiom "I'm getting [thing] something fierce" for decades ... when I head Kang declare he was getting athlete's tentacle "something terrible" it drove me nuts ... so I'm wondering if anybody else thinks the idiom should be "something fierce".

Bonus question, if you prefer 'something fierce', is the use of 'something terrible' by Kang intentional -- i.e., the alien is ironically misusing a common idiom, or is it unintentional -- the script writers are ignorant of the proper idiom?

I don't know so much about using "something fierce." I have never said it and have neither heard it being said, aside from on tv. I do, however, use "something terrible" occasionally. I think he meant that his growing athlete's tentacle are really bothering him. :wink:
  • Phonedave
    65 posts
    edited December 2013
    It appears that my question was not clear at the beginning ... I'm not axing you people which word is used by Kang in the game, I already know it's "terrible" ... I'm wondering how many people think that the idiom is incorrect as used in the game? I've heard, and used, the idiom "I'm getting [thing] something fierce" for decades ... when I head Kang declare he was getting athlete's tentacle "something terrible" it drove me nuts ... so I'm wondering if anybody else thinks the idiom should be "something fierce".

I have heard that phrase used both ways, many times. I do believe that fierce is a newer variant. I don not remember, as a kid in the 70's and 80's using fierce in the vernacular of "strongly" as it is now.

Is there a linguist in the house? It is a perfectly cromulent word.

-dave
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!