EA Forums - Banner

How many Squid port tiles do you have

Prev1
up too 876, cant not even fit em all right

Replies

• Bassie420
    61 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have 181 and I can't make anymore :( let's hope ea bumps up the tile making limit
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited December 2013
    I wonder why they limited the number of tiles (non glitch tiles) when there is so much water room? You would think the number of tiles available would equal the amount of water so you could fill all the water space.
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited December 2013
    (399 tiles minus 3 for the entrance and another 3 to make room for the sea captain's boat)

That can't be right... the plot nearest the beach can hold a 3x4 grid of tiles and the adjacent plot can hold a full 4x4 grid, so together one strip can hold 28 tiles. 28 doesn't go into 399 evenly. If there's 14 strips of land vertically, that'd be 392 in total, minus 6 for the boat and entrance to bring it down to 386.
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited December 2013
    I only have 59. I have 40 placed and 19 in storage. People don't really tap my tile much, although I tap about 20 tiles in other peoples' towns per day.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited December 2013
    Bump...it's not just a dance from the 80's.
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited December 2013
    101 used, 30 in storage and counting.

I am getting anywhere from 2 to 5 a day since I can only have two handshakes and I no longer get visit notifications. Money to expand is slow going for me right now. The Halloween 2013 event and a full neighbor list bolted me through the last seven levels and I still need to build from the Skinner house on. However, I have read of people with millions and nothing to spend it on, so I can wait. And, that makes me think I will end up regretting taking advantage of this glitch.

Cheers!
    Drew3rdof3
  • maciesdad
    212 posts
    edited December 2013
    How the hell are you guys getting so many times? Mine says I can't build anymore
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited December 2013
    maciesdad wrote:
    How the hell are you guys getting so many times? Mine says I can't build anymore
    Maybe the "glitch" lets one sneak past the limit, but that's all she wrote once that last handshake is tapped?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm less than ten away from hitting 400. I think at that point, I'll stop.
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited December 2013
    (399 tiles minus 3 for the entrance and another 3 to make room for the sea captain's boat)

That can't be right... the plot nearest the beach can hold a 3x4 grid of tiles and the adjacent plot can hold a full 4x4 grid, so together one strip can hold 28 tiles. 28 doesn't go into 399 evenly. If there's 14 strips of land vertically, that'd be 392 in total, minus 6 for the boat and entrance to bring it down to 386.

57 * 7 = 399. Then I subtracted the 3 tiles for the entrance (no need to count the one that sticks out toward land) and the 3 needed to place the sea captain's boat (I only need 3 not 6). I don't have the Mayflower or the sub so the total in my Springfield is 393.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • wagondriver4
    300 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Somewhere around 150 tiles. Didn't want to chance my game getting bogged down, so I tapped my last tile.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Last count- 225ish.. Trying to get enough to cover all the water, plus a few more incase we get a land expansion.. I need variety to do something cool with!
  • cjryder625
    1419 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    didn't vote as there wasn't a 'too many to count' option. Once the Christmas update comes I'm taking my tile down.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    Voted wrong.... Only counted what I have on the water not those in storage... Personally, I'll keep doing tiles until it's possible or until I accidentally tap my last two tiles because the XP is too good a thing to stop :wink: But I won't put anymore tiles to cover my water, unless Some water becomes available to purchase, because I think SP looks better with some water and I like to think that my nice neighborhood has access to a beach :?
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Dnt know count but I tapped on last tile this morning by accident wish they'd let us have more water n allow this glitch to still happen.
  • ArminsFrozenPeas
    136 posts
    edited December 2013

57 * 7 = 399. Then I subtracted the 3 tiles for the entrance (no need to count the one that sticks out toward land) and the 3 needed to place the sea captain's boat (I only need 3 not 6). I don't have the Mayflower or the sub so the total in my Springfield is 393.

Where are you getting 57 from? There's 14 rows of land, each one can hold 4 tiles along the coastal axis so that's 14x4=56 tiles. 57 would require an odd numbered plot, which is impossible with 4x4 and 3x4 land expansions.

It's 56x7=392 minus 3 for entrance and 3 for houseboat makes 386. That's the maximum placeable.
  • katehutson
    544 posts
    edited December 2013
    I just recently got my game back, so i need some good neighbors to go clicky clicky my tile! :)
  • forevermadne
    40 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have 79 placed, with 131 in storage for now. What is the limit?
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have 79 placed, with 131 in storage for now. What is the limit?
    The official limit is 151, but if you keep your tile up you can just keep going until you tap the last tile (either by accident or deliberately)
  • Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited December 2013

Where are you getting 57 from? There's 14 rows of land, each one can hold 4 tiles along the coastal axis so that's 14x4=56 tiles. 57 would require an odd numbered plot, which is impossible with 4x4 and 3x4 land expansions.

It's 56x7=392 minus 3 for entrance and 3 for houseboat makes 386. That's the maximum placeable.

You are right...I guess I counted wrong. Thanks for catching that! I'll fix it in my original post.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!