EA Forums - Banner

House farming?

Prev13
You need lessons on how to post a poll.

Replies

• premier00000
    66 posts
    edited December 2013
    I didn't feel like being witty, it's been one hell of a day... And the alcohol hasn't made it out of the bottles yet...
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    LmEhej1.jpg
  • premier00000
    66 posts
    edited December 2013
    HCoinslot wrote:
    LmEhej1.jpg

Me too, and i don't house farm...

I make at least $1M a day depending on how many click Cletus's farm. The most I've got in one day was around $2.5M, and I have 1 of each building.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well, it's an issue that's been bothering me for a while... what's the point of "house farming"? I don't understand the need for it, not to mention, in my opinion, it looks tacky, so I don't do it. I try to make my Springfield at "realistic" as possible, with a few things thrown in for humor.
    We're all proud of you. Is that the answer you're looking for?

Why would it bother you? Design your SF the way that makes you happy, and let others do the same.
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am proud to say: A few weeks ago, I was finally done with house farming. Unfortunately I had to keep 12 houses to keep my 5 star rating.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    Me too, and i don't house farm...

I make at least $1M a day depending on how many click Cletus's farm. The most I've got in one day was around $2.5M, and I have 1 of each building.

Not all of us can afford to have multipliers so high. Not to mention this glitch with the farm is only @ 2 months old, and started long after most of us no longer had a need for in game cash. I got tired of not being able to afford to build the new buildings and try to buy the land I need. Got up to 300 blue houses, now I have all the money and space that I need, and the houses are in my inventory. I still have 40 white houses in the corner just to keep up some income. No shame at all. Anyone who didn't/doesn't like it didn't/doesn't have to visit me.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm level 33, I house farm with nearly 150 blue houses 2-3 times a day, I get around 22K a time from it, my characters just don't bring enough cash in. It means I can earn 60-80K a day, allowing me to build something new every day.
    And I to, like money.
  • MuleHeadJoe
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    <snip>
    ... what's the point of "house farming"? I don't understand the need for it
    <snip>

I think there's one word that sums up the vast majority of house farmers (you can decide for yourself if this is descriptive of their personalities or decision making processes): impatient.

:-)
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    You need lessons on how to post a poll.

+1 :D
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited December 2013
    How many polls do we need about the same thing. Go look at the other 100 boring threads on this
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I do a bit of farming, although I like to switch it up once in a while. Keep in mind that there are many urban developments throughout the world similar to the style of house farming that is done in this game. If you drive through many suburbs in the US you will see many cookie-cutter style neighborhoods where every house looks the same and are smashed together. The only way to tell the difference between the houses is a small black house number that is somehow always obscured by bushes. So if you are going for realism, you could definitely include a house farm or two! And, just like in real life, those developments are very profitable for their owners!
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013
    <snip>
    <snip>

I think there's one word that sums up the vast majority of house farmers (you can decide for yourself if this is descriptive of their personalities or decision making processes): impatient.

I think there are several words for people who make threads to criticize people for house farming, but the forum turns them all into *'s.
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    <snip>
    <snip>

I'm very impatient :P
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I do have multiples of houses. In one game, set up like a neighbourhood. In that game, I didn't farm, because I always had just enough money. But when I started that game there was only 20 levels and no sign of there ever being more. I started my second game for the express purpose to house farm. Because I wondered how new players feel with how much is going on in the game. KL and SP were added, and now we're getting twice a month updates. I figured house farming was the only viable option. Because game 2 is my freeium game and I wasn't spending real life money on donuts to up my multiplier.

I assume you're clearing 1 mill a day because you have a crazy high multiplier? Most new players start out house farming because it's cheaper on the pocket book to make money in your town for all the new things. It's easy to judge house farmers when you're what? Level 37 with several mill in the bank?

My personal opinion on house farming is that it is tacky. I've tried very hard to make my house farming town still look like a town. But I certainly see why people do it and I don't think less of people who choose to go the free easy cash piling route of making money over purchasing premium currency and upping their multiplier. But this is the way I play my game.

I did vote yes to house farming because this ID is signed up here and it has a house farm.
  • calebtbrooks
    107 posts
    edited December 2013
    When I first started visiting neighbors I noticed house farming.. And I noticed how many ppl do it with brown houses... That seems like a ridiculous amount of grinding and IN-GAME waiting.. I thought, "Hey I could put like 15 blue houses over here.. Not too intrusive.. and get a boost of income 2-3 times a day"

It was a nice perk.. I'm glad I did it, but I have my limits..

But 300 houses!? That's a new level of money hungry
  • OnePoundBeef
    680 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    When I first started visiting neighbors I noticed house farming.. And I noticed how many ppl do it with brown houses... That seems like a ridiculous amount of grinding and IN-GAME waiting.. I thought, "Hey I could put like 15 blue houses over here.. Not too intrusive.. and get a boost of income 2-3 times a day"

I'm hoping to expand my farm to 200 in the near future :p
  • MuleHeadJoe
    176 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    moxxee wrote:
    I do a bit of farming, although I like to switch it up once in a while. Keep in mind that there are many urban developments throughout the world similar to the style of house farming that is done in this game. If you drive through many suburbs in the US you will see many cookie-cutter style neighborhoods where every house looks the same and are smashed together. The only way to tell the difference between the houses is a small black house number that is somehow always obscured by bushes. So if you are going for realism, you could definitely include a house farm or two! And, just like in real life, those developments are very profitable for their owners!

Just a thought ... I think there needs to be streets between rows of houses if one is aiming for realism with their urban development :-) ... though of course the fact that you can't orient houses to face in opposite directions makes it difficult to plan effectively.
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited December 2013

It just kind of grew and grew. I had no idea how many were there. I knew that tapping them all made me not want to play anymore, so I made them disappear. The land and decorations required to try to make something look decent takes A LOT of cash.

don't judge me
  • premier00000
    66 posts
    edited December 2013
    I guess I'm just analytical. I see people sing the White House a lot, but that won't see any type of profit until after it's tapped 39 times (less of course if you have a multiplier) and you can only collect from it every 12 hours, so that's almost 3 weeks as long as you collect on time every time.

And that doesn't even take into account that you need to purchase the land expansions making the time to return a profit that much longer.
  • moxxee
    7717 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    moxxee wrote:

Just a thought ... I think there needs to be streets between rows of houses if one is aiming for realism with their urban development :-) ... though of course the fact that you can't orient houses to face in opposite directions makes it difficult to plan effectively.

Good point! Check out this picture from Mexico. It reminds me of some cities I've seen in TSTO.

LIVIA_CORONA_TMH_1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!