EA Forums - Banner

Snow day...for real!

Replies

• Anurchy
    146 posts
    edited December 2013
    I bet living in America is so cool. Ugh being stuck in England sucks!

England is cool, you guys have Boris Johnson and Russell Howard!
  • alessiam1998
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Anurchy wrote:

Haha.
  • darrenholm736
    1276 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Anurchy wrote:

tumblr_m81vveBUOC1r3zat8.gif
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    Anurchy wrote:

You can't compare "America" with England. Even if you mean the US rather than the whole continent, it's too varied. Manhattan at Christmas is nothing like, say, Miami at Christmas. Toooooootally different. Sure, it's different in England too, but not to the same extremes.

Edit: England is cool. But. Not because of Boris and Russell, though one of them is hilarious. Jaffa Cakes, maybe.
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    We have had snow for ages & -10? C (chill factor -20? C).
  • alessiam1998
    90 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm 15 years old, sorry for not being specific enough
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited December 2013
    Snow is so over rated. We got about an inch of snow/slush yesterday and they're saying another inch or two today and I'm already over it. I want to see it in my game not in my driveway.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well in London six misplaced snow flakes will cause the entire rail and tube system to grind to a halt. I exaggerate for effect, but not by much. :wink:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    thatjenr wrote:
    We're not expecting snow today but its full out winter. I have -32 °C with the windmill to look forward to when I leave my house this morning.

Wow Where do you live with the Windmill.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well in London six misplaced snow flakes will cause the entire rail and tube system to grind to a halt. I exaggerate for effect, but not by much. :wink:

Neil+Patrick+Harris+True+Story.jpg
  • NOVAwiz00
    39 posts
    edited December 2013
    I live in Springfield, VA and its snowing so hopefully this is a sign.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013

What does in not snow much in London or what. I know in the southern part of the US 1 inch of snow can shut down an entire city, but that is because they are not use to it. It's pretty funny to anyone who deals with snow every winter.
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013

What does in not snow much in London or what. I know in the southern part of the US 1 inch of snow can shut down an entire city, but that is because they are not use to it. It's pretty funny to anyone who deals with snow every winter.

Oh, it snows. The rail infrastructure just can't cope with it, and for some reason, people here aren't really prepared for it, either. Most people don't own a pair of snow boots, don't know how to drive in the snow, that sort of thing. So for the one week each year (round my way anyway) when it snows and you get a few inches, everyone sort of goes "OHMYGODSNOW", works from home, drives like a moron and gets stuck, falls over on the pavement, the trains stop running, etc, etc. It's like everyone's happy to just malfunction for a week instead of, y'know, preparing and dealing.
  • mpgelb
    14 posts
    edited December 2013
    No snow here. Just a warm and humid 83 degrees in South Florida.
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Oh, it snows. The rail infrastructure just can't cope with it, and for some reason, people here aren't really prepared for it, either. Most people don't own a pair of snow boots, don't know how to drive in the snow, that sort of thing. So for the one week each year (round my way anyway) when it snows and you get a few inches, everyone sort of goes "OHMYGODSNOW", works from home, drives like a moron and gets stuck, falls over on the pavement, the trains stop running, etc, etc. It's like everyone's happy to just malfunction for a week instead of, y'know, preparing and dealing.

Oh, well I think it's like that everywhere. It's the same here as well. It snows every year, several times a year here, and people somehow forget what snow is. It's a weird phenomenon.
  • kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited December 2013
    drove into work battling the snow today :(
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013

Oh, well I think it's like that everywhere. It's the same here as well. It snows every year, several times a year here, and people somehow forget what snow is. It's a weird phenomenon.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least!
  • jippy6048
    539 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Snowing in my town. Schools are closed and everyone's in a panic over a few inches. I have lived on the East Coast now for 20 years (3 different states) and it never ceases to amaze me how people can be such idiots about snow. I grew up in Eastern Washington so I'm used to it but it had to be a blizzard before we got a snow day from school.

Saw a guy driving at least 60mph with chains on!!! The road was wet but bare, sparks were shooting all over the place. I was petrified that one of the cable chains would snap and come flying at me. People are nuts I tell ya! :shock:
  • annettemarc
    7746 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    graywolfii wrote:
    Snow day for the whole family here (in the Philly area)!

Yeah, and anybody who watched the Eagles game Sunday knows that even a BLIZZARD doesn't stop Philadelphians. Especially LeSean, it would seem. (I could almost understand why the PLAYERS kept playing ... They're gettin' paid. But the FANS? That was insane. And FUN for us Californians to watch!)

Oops. Off topic. No, wait. The topic is real snow. And that was real snow! :)
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    graywolfii wrote:
    Snow day for the whole family here (in the Philly area)!

Yeah, and anybody who watched the Eagles game Sunday knows that even a BLIZZARD doesn't stop Philadelphians. Especially LeSean, it would seem. (I could almost understand why the PLAYERS kept playing ... They're gettin' paid. But the FANS? That was insane. And FUN for us Californians to watch!)

Oops. Off topic. No, wait. The topic is real snow. And that was real snow! :)

The Eagles are never off topic :D Well, if your a fan like me it isn't. Especially with Dallas losing last night.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!