EA Forums - Banner

Hidden Presents!

A lot of the presents seem to be hidden pretty well! Like behind buildings... If you go to your "move" tool and make your buildings and characters transparent, its a lot easier to find them... Don't select the decoration one, presents are considered a decoration.

Yep :) , done that myself, it helps alright!

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It just like whacking day all over again with people hiding those eggs behind buildings :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Since they're difficult to find, I've decided that unless they are next to the metal tree, I'm going to let the elves find them for m.
  • colondres1965
    16 posts
    edited December 2013
    Add me play everyday colondres1965
  • A_Pine_C0ne
    58 posts
    edited December 2013
    Why is there no music in this update?
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2013
    I found one behind the Wax Museum and ON the FROZEN WATER. :shock:
  • Jeroent1986
    31 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the tip, just found 4 hidden presents :)
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    It just like whacking day all over again with people hiding those eggs behind buildings :lol:

But harder because it doesn't tell you how many you have

I'm sure I still have 1 egg somewhere.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

But harder because it doesn't tell you how many you have

I'm sure I still have 1 egg somewhere.

Thats a good point forgot about the counter to let you know how many there were.

Now that would be funny if you did come across an egg behind a building or tree :lol: I know you couldnt but would be funny
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Or can you

No
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    But the elves only helped me one time. Now when I tap on the elf house, I see a 24 hour timer cycle thingie doohickey .

Am I missing something, or do they only work once a day?
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • auroraasters
    43 posts
    edited December 2013
    Is it the neighbors who are doing it or are they respawning like that?
  • bsentertai633
    34 posts
    edited December 2013
    Neighbors place them in your Springfield
  • gavthomson
    192 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    It's not like gremlins is it ? If you hide presents and the neighbour doesn't find them in 4 hrs, you get double gift card value ?
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited December 2013
    The presents can also hide behind a decoration and the only way to see those is hide the decorations. I built way too many fenced in yards with trees.

Cheers!
    Drew3rdof3
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    But the elves only helped me one time. Now when I tap on the elf house, I see a 24 hour timer cycle thingie doohickey .

Pretty sure it's only once a day. Is there a limit to how many presents can be placed in a town? Because that would determine if I waited for the elves once a day or actually hunted all the presents down.
  • skylarkpilot
    192 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think it's better if people don't hide the presents. With 100 towns to visit and a limited number of presents to drop, I only drop them once unless I get something back. After that, those that just visit to collect tokens get the same type of visit in return and the presents are saved for those that 'deliver'.
    How very un-Christmasy seeing as it's supposed to be the thought that counts and the season of goodwill..... Bah humbug !
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    We also appear to get random drops generated from our own springfield from time to time, and these are dropping sometimes behind buildings.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited December 2013
    Well, the gift bags appear in the centre of the screen when the symbol is tapped. So hiding them behind houses can be accidental... But regular presents created by the game appear almost anywhere, I found two in the water by squidport. I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Side note, did you notice that the counter says "Hunting Orcs" when you tap the Elf House? That's funny!
  • drew3rdof3
    104 posts
    edited December 2013
    I think it's better if people don't hide the presents. With 100 towns to visit and a limited number of presents to drop, I only drop them once unless I get something back. After that, those that just visit to collect tokens get the same type of visit in return and the presents are saved for those that 'deliver'.
    How very un-Christmasy seeing as it's supposed to be the thought that counts and the season of goodwill..... Bah humbug !
    With a full complement of neighbors, it is impossible for me to drop gift bags for everyone and I only drop one for each.
  • trumpetrebel
    6 posts
    edited December 2013

Pretty sure it's only once a day. Is there a limit to how many presents can be placed in a town? Because that would determine if I waited for the elves once a day or actually hunted all the presents down.

limit is 60 presents.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.