EA Forums - Banner

Nonstop crashing

Replies

• judithtryka
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    The problem may be that you have to many pending friend requests or invites. That was my problem. Another tapper on this site suggested the following and it worked. Use a PC or laptop and download Origin. After download the home page will show a heading on top left called friends..click on list and wait for requests to load then press the Ignore button until you drop. :D
  • ak46guerriero
    12 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have 0 friend requests pending and only 49 friends, but starting this morning my game wont load at all it just crashes. I'm playing on an iPhone 5 and I also tried on my iPad mini, both the same problem. Can anyone help me out??
  • jfalcone36
    14 posts
    edited December 2013
    The problem may be that you have to many pending friend requests or invites. That was my problem. Another tapper on this site suggested the following and it worked. Use a PC or laptop and download Origin. After download the home page will show a heading on top left called friends..click on list and wait for requests to load then press the Ignore button until you drop. :D

Tried this. Can't get origin to even load my requests. This needs fixed. EA is letting a great game be ruined.
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited December 2013
    I was able to get through the opening dialog with constant rapid-fire tapping. Couldn't read the dialog but not in a joking mood anyways. The server still kicks me out after about 30 seconds every time I go in. I'm just not willing to play like this. It's too time consuming and frustrating to hit a few houses and then wait to log in again and I can't go to neighbors at all.

I don't understand why pending invites would cause the problem. That's just a list that the software shouldn't point to unless you are dealing with that list. Origin is just the gatekeeper and I'm logging in fine. I had the same amount of pending requests through Halloween with no problems. This is a server stability issue and it could be that long time players tend to have more friend requests. I had this same issue for valentines. I missed the update entirely and I had no pending friends at the time. I think they just overloaded certain servers with the snow, etc. But they had better fix this one. If I can't get the Xmas prizes I'm done with this game.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    jaytay777 wrote:
    I was able to get through the opening dialog with constant rapid-fire tapping. Couldn't read the dialog but not in a joking mood anyways. The server still kicks me out after about 30 seconds every time I go in. I'm just not willing to play like this. It's too time consuming and frustrating to hit a few houses and then wait to log in again and I can't go to neighbors at all.

I don't understand why pending invites would cause the problem. That's just a list that the software shouldn't point to unless you are dealing with that list. Origin is just the gatekeeper and I'm logging in fine. I had the same amount of pending requests through Halloween with no problems. This is a server stability issue and it could be that long time players tend to have more friend requests. I had this same issue for valentines. I missed the update entirely and I had no pending friends at the time. I think they just overloaded certain servers with the snow, etc. But they had better fix this one. If I can't get the Xmas prizes I'm done with this game.

Hear hear. fortunately I'm down to less than a hundred donuts, so if I were to quit now it wouldn't be like I wasted a lot of money. Well, except for the hundreds I've already flushed away on this game. But at least I was enjoying it then
  • ZAINH17__ZSH
    2737 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    timberwuf wrote:
    is there a quicker way to ignore the requests?

quicker? if you can get your requests to somehow cancel or get ignored then I would love to be in your shoes.

now i can't even ignore them, very frustrating!!!!!!
    before it took roughly a minute to delete 1.

is everyone just clicking 'ignore' or is there a special way of doing it
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Social_Soul
    16 posts
    edited December 2013
    It's still great for me. :lol:
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It's still great for me. :lol:

Gosh, that's great. Thanks for piping up
  • grinwithout
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    I can't clear my requests on my iPhone and two computers (Mac and PC). It simply doesn't load. Does anyone have any idea what to do? :?
  • cdepast
    2462 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    bump. :(
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited December 2013
    We're all in the same boat, grin without. Apparently if you have a PC you can download a program from origin and do it that way. Still don't see why it's suddenly an issue for the Xmas update. Still think it's a coding or server issue.
  • grinwithout
    13 posts
    edited December 2013
    jaytay777 wrote:
    We're all in the same boat, grin without. Apparently if you have a PC you can download a program from origin and do it that way. Still don't see why it's suddenly an issue for the Xmas update. Still think it's a coding or server issue.

Yeah, but that's what I'm saying, I downloaded it on two computers, on both I got massage that showing my friends' list is temporarily unavailabe... I guess no christmas for us then. *sigh*
  • mswhoeveryouare
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Me too!
    Its very frustrating.
    Can't access origin on iPhone, new ipad or laptop!
    No idea what to do now.
    I reckon I have 800+ friend requests.
    Stuck! :(
  • Pull_Up_A_Chair
    896 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    allnghtr wrote:
    Emarau wrote:
    No problems here, playing on a Sony Tablet :)

Don't f'ing answer in this thread if you're not experiencing the issue or have ways to fix it. F U

You have more issues than a game that's crashing. Seriously.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Keep trying, guys, it DOES work. I finally got all 800 of the requests to load in the Origin client and started ignoring. At first it takes forever, and I clicked five at a time and waited for them to disappear before clicking five more. When I got down below 300 they started to go faster, and from 200 on they disappeared as fast as I could click them. They're all gone, and the game works flawlessly. If anybody needs any further help with it, I'll be happy to do what I can. It sucks that EA lets it get to this point, they must know it screws things up, but it IS fixable!
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    shaygitz wrote:
    Keep trying, guys, it DOES work. I finally got all 800 of the requests to load in the Origin client and started ignoring. At first it takes forever, and I clicked five at a time and waited for them to disappear before clicking five more. When I got down below 300 they started to go faster, and from 200 on they disappeared as fast as I could click them. They're all gone, and the game works flawlessly. If anybody needs any further help with it, I'll be happy to do what I can. It sucks that EA lets it get to this point, they must know it screws things up, but it IS fixable!
    I am keeping an eye out for EA's fixes to these problems, for anybody who doesn't have a ton of requests to begin with. But right now, deleting your excess number of friend requests is the best known solution. If anybody hasn't done this, and still experiencing inaccessibility, then there is not much else to suggest.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not having that problem this year. But it was a major problem last Christmas. I think it had a lot to do with the complexity of the update, plus the added stress of loading the decorations in your town to your screen. Try not scrolling so fast through your town. Last year I had a pattern of clearing parts of my town, and then loading into my friends screen and back again, then I'd clear another portion of my town and keep repeating until I had done my whole town. I don't know if it will help you this year, but it's something to try. Plus try troubleshooting it a bit yourself. What are you doing just before it crashes each time.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Bravewall wrote:
    I am keeping an eye out for EA's fixes to these problems, for anybody who doesn't have a ton of requests to begin with. But right now, deleting your excess number of friend requests is the best known solution. If anybody hasn't done this, and still experiencing inaccessibility, then there is not much else to suggest.

Yeah, I had tried all the easy fixes, but this was obviously something different-- I could not stay logged on for more than 15-20 seconds, retry after retry after retry. The hard part is getting the requests to load-- that took me a couple dozen tries. But once they did, it was just a matter of hitting "ignore" over and over again. Hours later, I'm playing
  • jfalcone36
    14 posts
    edited December 2013
    STILL not fixed bump
  • sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited December 2013
    Every 20 seconds i see "Cannot connect to server" it's caused me to repeat entire quests
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.