EA Forums - Banner

Spinner Wheel is ridiculous...

Prev134
DIrishB wrote:
While I'm loving every other aspect of the Christmas update, the Spinner Wheel is a sickening ripoff. I bought 20 tokens for 100 donuts, and received 1 Lisa snowman (which I already had from last year), 1 Helter Shelter (which was nice), and 18 times I got $1,000 cash.

Seriously? According to the wheel, there's a 30% chance to get cash (since it occupies 3 of 10 spaces), yet I got cash 90% of the time.

Even worse, as the wheel was slowing down, it would seem to slightly brake on cash to ensure that was the prize, and NOT do so on the characters or buildings.

Obviously programmed to give the wanted items (buildings, alternate skins, characters) at a ridiculously small percent, while wasting people's donuts for cash the vast majority of the time.

Just let me pay donuts for the stuff I want, forget this chance/lottery crap, since it's blatantly fixed beyond the supposed 10% chance for each wheel space. That's obviously not the case, so at least stop promoting it that way.

Yea man I feel the same way every time I'm about to get that one building it feels like all of a sudden it goes faster and skips it to cash

Replies

• toratorauk
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I disagree, I won 4 good prizes with 10 spins (Plough King, Helter Shelter, Xmas Krabbapel building and Xmas Skinner house). One more spin after that got the skyscraper. It's luck, y'know?
  • Benthebossyo
    139 posts
    edited December 2013
    its just luck,i bought extreme amount of tokens before i got claus co. like alot alot. like over 150 i think
  • porkpiesteve
    229 posts
    edited December 2013
    DIrishB wrote:
    While I'm loving every other aspect of the Christmas update, the Spinner Wheel is a sickening ripoff. I bought 20 tokens for 100 donuts, and received 1 Lisa snowman (which I already had from last year), 1 Helter Shelter (which was nice), and 18 times I got $1,000 cash.

Seriously? According to the wheel, there's a 30% chance to get cash (since it occupies 3 of 10 spaces), yet I got cash 90% of the time.

Even worse, as the wheel was slowing down, it would seem to slightly brake on cash to ensure that was the prize, and NOT do so on the characters or buildings.

Obviously programmed to give the wanted items (buildings, alternate skins, characters) at a ridiculously small percent, while wasting people's donuts for cash the vast majority of the time.

Just let me pay donuts for the stuff I want, forget this chance/lottery crap, since it's blatantly fixed beyond the supposed 10% chance for each wheel space. That's obviously not the case, so at least stop promoting it that way.

You get a spin a day, thats 27 spins or more, y spend donuts?
  • codiehancox
    10 posts
    edited December 2013
    I played 4 times. Won two lots of money, a Marge snowman and some lights. Not bad really
  • shootout4
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    RNG isn't it?
    I'm very limited on donuts tho, so I'm going to (TRY) to hold off spending any for spins and use my 1 free one per day and hope I get good stuff out of that.
  • just_glyding
    191 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    DIrishB wrote:

If you have 100 friends and visit them daily you will clock up the 30,000 gift cards for all the individual prizes in under 10 days.

From there every 1000 gift cards you get more spin tokens (not sure how many)

Even if it's just one for every extra 1000 gift cards, you could easily get 3 per day from visiting 100 friends, so for the last ~18 days of the event that's 54 free spins, plus the 27 from one per day is 81 free spins... So yeah I won't be spending donuts on tokens
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2013
    toratorauk wrote:
    I disagree, I won 4 good prizes with 10 spins (Plough King, Helter Shelter, Xmas Krabbapel building and Xmas Skinner house). One more spin after that got the skyscraper. It's luck, y'know?

The lights last year were bought with coins aka they were free... You spent donuts on them now that’s not what I’d call a good prize. Old players want the new stuff. Some of them might even be available after the event for donuts but right now I had 3 skins that last year I didn’t get because I didn’t want them. A great update but this wheel better give me something that I didn’t pass last year. They could do that much for people who play this game for over 14 months!
  • heatherbea444
    232 posts Member
    edited December 2013

I agree with you. I'll go as long as possible before I spend real money on the wheel.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    toratorauk wrote:

I know it comes down to luck, but it kind of screws over those of us who've spent donuts on stuff from last year's Christmas items, for instance the snowmen. I'd already had the snowmen from last year, and wasted several spins to get things I already had.

Also, luck is one thing, but the chance of getting cash (that really no high level, long term players need), is crap, merely because the chance is so ludicrously high, despite it appearing as only a 30% chance. It's dishonest, simply put. The honest approach, at least given my experience with the wheel, would be to place 8 cash prizes, 1 gift card prize, and 1 actually wanted prize (the buildings, character, skins).

Because I assure you, 27 spins won't be anywhere near enough chances to get what I wanted, which were the Plow King Barney skin, the Ice Goddess decoration, the Skinner Christmas House skin, and the Helter Shelter and Clausco buildings. I literally needed 84 spins to land on those. The vast majority were useless cash prizes, and about 15-20% were gift card prizes, with a few landing on snowmen of the Simpsons family I already had.
    shootout4 wrote:
    RNG isn't it?
    I'm very limited on donuts tho, so I'm going to (TRY) to hold off spending any for spins and use my 1 free one per day and hope I get good stuff out of that.

Good luck, I hope you have much better luck than I did.
    If you have 100 friends and visit them daily you will clock up the 30,000 gift cards for all the individual prizes in under 10 days.

From there every 1000 gift cards you get more spin tokens (not sure how many)

Even if it's just one for every extra 1000 gift cards, you could easily get 3 per day from visiting 100 friends, so for the last ~18 days of the event that's 54 free spins, plus the 27 from one per day is 81 free spins... So yeah I won't be spending donuts on tokens

Good luck, but personally I don't have either the time or patience to visit 100 friends everyday for the next 27 days.
  • 121ProcessDenied
    57 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    What triggers the chance to spin. Mine is blacked out?
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    It sucks. I had the same issues. Always slows down and stutters right before something useful.
  • DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited December 2013

You have to build the Egg Nog building. It creates a token every 24 hours, once you get your first token you can spin the wheel.
  • indieauthorALH
    240 posts
    edited December 2013

You have to build the Eggnog Bar, then wait 24 hours (or speed up with donuts) for the first coin to appear. Then you can use the coin to spin the wheel, and also buy more coins (with donuts) if you want to get more spins without waiting another 24 hours for the next coin to spawn. Some people are saying you also get free coins for every 1,000 gift cards, but I don't know if that's true.
  • Aiddann86
    655 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Ya at my rate of spins I would need more then 100 coins. I swear for every 10 coins it lands on 1000 cash 8 or 9 times
  • i_set_fire
    328 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have spun 22 times (11 on each account) and not gotten cash yet. The wheel is awesome!
  • wxjunkie
    24 posts
    edited December 2013
    I haven't even had a chance to spin yet. I'm over 3000 gift cards, never received a coin and I never received the option to spin the wheel. My game on iOS was crashing all day so that might be the cause.
  • Aiddann86
    655 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh I still like the wheel just I don't have much luck plus once you start getting all prizes and when there is only 2 or 3 left I assume will be even harder lol. Still think it a nice idea though.
  • Edurican
    6 posts
    edited December 2013
    What happens to the snowmen and ice sculptures after the christmas update? do they melt? does their bonus xp and $ still work after?
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have no idea if its rigged but I'm starting to think so. So far I had spined it three times and I got three Christmas building facades :( I only have one more facade that I don't have which is christmas Edna's apartments! This is so annoying as everytime I spin the wheel I am hoping for ClausCo or the Helter Shelter! Hopefully I can get those two buildings without spending my donuts on those little expensive tokens :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • edited December 2013
    Well, OP, think of the wheel this way. If you spend 100 donuts on coins, you will get 20 spins. If during those 20 spins, you just win a snowman and Mr. Plow (if you didn't already have him), those two alone are worth 110 donuts. So the wheel is actually a pretty good deal if you buy the correct amounts of coins.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!