EA Forums - Banner

Device full message - device nowhere near full

Prev1
No one knows? At this point my Samsung Android phone has almost nothing on it and the message still pops up. If it won't fix I want my $400 back that was spent on donuts.

Replies

• mstreefland
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same issue on my Galaxy Blaze S. My daughter has the same phone and didn't have that problem.

I've tried uninstalling, resetting the phone, and then reinstalling; that didn't work. I also tried defragmenting my phone as step two; still didn't work. I have over 600mb of free space in my phone storage and over 400mb of free space in my USB storage.
  • Ch3styLaRu3
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same issue on my iPad. I have tons of free space. C'mon EA fix this!!!!!
  • samf031004
    4 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've been having the same issue on my iPad today, everything is up to date ios 7.0.4 and TSTO version 4.6.1

I did have just over 700mb free and after deleting a bunch of stuff now have 1gb free but still not working. Really not impressed!
  • alicebooth735
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    My game was fine until it wiped my springfield about an hour ago! I've gone from lvl 31 to lvl 1. In a bid to get my town back I uninstalled the game, reinstalled and now I'm having the same message.

I've cleared every other game off my phone, I only have facebook and tapped out. I even reset the google music and other rubbish to factory settings to get rid of their updates and clear some space. Still saying my device is full.

I have a Samzung galaxy Ace II

:-(
  • GVAakaOPA
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I have the same issue... 1.6 GB free so that should be more than enough.....
  • samf031004
    4 posts
    edited December 2013
    Its ridiculous, its been 3 days at least now and still getting this stupid message!
  • Beany1972
    1 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have this exact same issue its been a pain in the rear, I have done everything suggested by EA and still will not work i think the update is something like 250mb so there is more than enough space to put 3 or 4 updates on but no its just repeating the same message, this just seems to be a Android problem please get this fixed.
  • GVAakaOPA
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Beany1972 wrote:
    I have this exact same issue its been a pain in the rear, I have done everything suggested by EA and still will not work i think the update is something like 250mb so there is more than enough space to put 3 or 4 updates on but no its just repeating the same message, this just seems to be a Android problem please get this fixed.

Just to add, this is not only an Android problem. I have it on iOS.
  • GVAakaOPA
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    samf031004 wrote:

I saw this solution too, but it is weird that you must completely restore the device to have this sorted....
  • pinkmagpie67
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've had this same issue for over a week now. At this rate I'll miss the entire Christmas update! I'm not happy at all, not heard back from EA and I really don't know how I can clear any more space without deleting things I actually need!
  • Marozi
    7 posts
    edited December 2013
    Started getting same issue today, cleared 1.7gb and it was still saying device full.
    Finally worked after clearing 2.0gb, a bit extreme for a 620mb update!
    iPad 3 - IOS 7
  • pinkmagpie67
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I got an extremely unhelpful reply from EA basically saying to clear everything off which I had already explained I had, as much as possible, I can't really go deleting phone numbers etc. But if that didn't work they didn't know what to do and I should call Samsung and ask them why my phone was doing that!
  • Qkpds
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hello, first i gotta say that this games has an accurate slogan "Life-ruining fun".
    Second, i recently bought a android phone, and this problem started as i installed fresh on my new phone, i just added my Google Play account and this was the first thing i downloaded. So i did a little digging... since my new phone was a Chinese unlocked and rooted phone, i found that if i delete the whole "files" folder from the /data/data/com.ea.game.simpsons4_row folder, which is a restricted folder, and create a new one it started to download from scratch. i think it has something to do with the permissions or the ownership of the game folder. After that, the game downloaded the whole data, the game started, but after i close the game and tried to launch it again, the problem appeared again. since i don't want to download the whole thing every time... i don't know if this can be of any use to the developers or some experienced hacker that can fix this.
    come on ea you can fix this, and we are waiting to play.
    cheers
  • nnahsuar
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    have been having this issue ever since the Lisa thanksgiving update.... i'm way behind on the Christmas one....can you please fix this
  • pinkmagpie67
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I ended up taking a chance because I was so fed up of it not working, backed up my phone and reset it to factory settings. Once I'd downloaded the game, it worked with my town still intact.

So the story here is that you have to wipe your entire phone before you can get it working again! Because all the EA will tell you to do is everything you've already done. Not good EA, not good at all.
  • nevadagrl435
    25 posts
    edited December 2013
    I actually ended up upgrading my phone and buying an iPad at my local TMobile store. While there I asked about this issue. Here is what he said:

The game needs 500 MB to RUN. The download may be smaller, but it needs more space to run. Once you've achieved deleting stuff from the hard drive (has to be the hard drive) the phone -regardless of type -has to be restored to factory settings to get past the message.

I was also told that TSTO is a resource hog and is no longer a small game and that older iPhones, Android devices, tablets and the iPod Touch might not be able to run the game any longer.

He was not able to determine how much RAM the game needs but said that can be another factor leading to the message on older devices.

My device that had this issue was a Samsung Galaxy Blaze 4G with 512MB RAM and an 8GB drive.
  • GVAakaOPA
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Marozi wrote:
    Started getting same issue today, cleared 1.7gb and it was still saying device full.
    Finally worked after clearing 2.0gb, a bit extreme for a 620mb update!
    iPad 3 - IOS 7

Thanks, this solved the issue. I created 2gb of free space and then the game could download the updates.

EA needed to escalate the issue and that would take quite some time.... So nothing from them yet.
  • Qkpds
    2 posts
    edited December 2013
    Hello, for those who still have this problem, i have something like 6GB of free space and i found another solution... well i have my phone rooted, so... i downloaded two little programs from the store, one called "Resolution Changer" and another called "PieControl". the first one it... well changes the resolution of your device, my phone has a 1920x1080 resolution at 480 dpi, so i use this program to half that, 960x540 at 240 dpi. Everything goes haywire, but it's still usable. The second program let you use soft/hard buttons on screen, like back/home/menu... why i need this, because when you change your resolution, the hardware buttons may stop working... anyway, with this two program, i load up Springfield and... surprise it works amazing, it downloaded the whole thing, and it hasn't stop working since... always changing my resolution before loading it up... and changing it back afterwards...
    i didn't wipe my phone or uninstalled, or deleted anything... just root+ResChanger+PieCtrl.
    i hope this helps the developers to pinpoint the problem...
    cheers
  • samf031004
    4 posts
    edited January 2014
    On my iPad i did the backup and restore as advised, worked fine until whatever they've just launched in game and now today i cant get in again cos of the same stupid damn message! And i've 1.5Gb free!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.