EA Forums - Banner

Hiding Presents eheheheh

Prev1
Some I hide, some I drop in the ocean.

I like to look for them myself, and once you have the elves it is not as if any are going to waste.

Dave
Crowsfox

Replies

• carlamarie669
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    It really doesn't make any difference, I dropped gift bags in my 2 feeder towns right by the tree.
    When I logged into them, they were hidden behind buildings so I don't think it matters.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited December 2013
    I don't hide presents as from wacking day people hated the fact people hide eggs so I'm assuming they won't like me hiding presents. Although we do have elves to help :lol:
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    No! I don't like to search my entire town for presents behind the buildings, so I will separe my neighbours that time too.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    unlike WD where it told you if you had eggs, if someone has hidden a gift bag you have no idea. So it'll probably go uncollected, so its a waste of time.
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am not hiding any on purpose, but I swear I can't seem to get any control over them. I think I'm dropping them right next to the tree and >BAM< it's behind a building! Sorry! Unless you like looking for them, in which case I aim to please. (Har! I slay myself...)
  • Arlandria606
    519 posts
    edited December 2013
    I am not hiding any on purpose, but I swear I can't seem to get any control over them. I think I'm dropping them right next to the tree and >BAM< it's behind a building! Sorry! Unless you like looking for them, in which case I aim to please. (Har! I slay myself...)

Ditto - I don't think we have enough control over where they go, really. That's why I've put my tree in a nice open place, so there's an option of dropping them somewhere "accessible" if my neighbours want to be nice.

That said I do quite like finding them randomly when I'm around town... but I'd worry about missing them so I'm glad we have the elves.

Kinda think we've got the best of both worlds here, really.
  • callmedre3k
    4 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have the same problem controlling where the presents land I accidently left 3 behind the church on someone's I felt bad hopefully they find them

Add me Callmedre3k
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    i can only hide gift bags not presents.
  • Crowsfox
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    i can only hide gift bags not presents.

Just because it is wrapped in a gift bag instead of a box, does not make it any less of a present! :lol:
    Crowsfox
  • hipmama197190
    288 posts
    edited December 2013
    In case anyone hasn't seen this tip already... (I didn't think it up, just passing it on)

If you can't find all of your presents/gift bags, and you think some might be hidden, there's a relatively easy way to find them even without elves.

Click on the icon to move things around (the one that looks like a plus sign with arrows on each end.) Then click the icon to hide your buildings. (It's right there in the same area, ans looks like a house.) You will be able to see goodies that are behind other stuff, and pick them up and move them to where you can tap them. Exit back into normal playing mode and open them!

:-)
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Soon everyone will have the Elf house and so there is no use hiding presents. The Elves will find them. :twisted:
  • Dominicanbred
    90 posts
    edited December 2013
    I tell my elves I be like hey, find dat prizzy son! they be like aight, we cool wit you but we only cool with you once every 24 hours.
  • shootout4
    158 posts
    edited December 2013
    I put them out in the open, so my neighbours can see them easier. My thought for this, is hopefully, they will do the same for me, and also then they can notice it was me that dropped a present for them, and hopefully I get one back from them. :)
  • tfaehner
    59 posts
    edited December 2013
    I try not to but sometimes it happens. Its not like it's really that big a deal seeing how we can ghost out the buildings and then find the presents.

That said, I get a nice chuckle each time I see a present floating in the Pacantic Ocean.
  • CoffeeMars
    1058 posts
    edited December 2013
    Lol I thought the washing machine and dryer were presents :oops:
  • Leilani2013
    238 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm writing in my vote for option 3, "I don't hide, but don't care if you do." Ok, I know there was no option 3, but that's my vote anyway.
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited December 2013
    I kinda wish you could see what neighbor was leaving the presents...
  • kungpao214
    301 posts
    edited December 2013
    I kinda wish you could see what neighbor was leaving the presents...

the gift boxes aren't from neighbors. Only the gift bags.
  • Crowsfox
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I tell my elves I be like hey, find dat prizzy son! they be like aight, we cool wit you but we only cool with you once every 24 hours.

+1 :thumbup: Love it!
    Crowsfox
  • Crowsfox
    86 posts
    edited December 2013
    So weird why my signature doesnt come up and it says Ive only posted 12 times... *random observation*

edit: and now the signature is working and it says 30-something posts... wth? Should be more like 250+
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!