EA Forums - Banner

Weather station vs nutcracker experience points

Prev1
Wow, nice spotting! Eh, not sure if I want to have hundreds of nutcrackers in storage, but I'm sure it'll help in those occasions where we're just missing the mark by a bit. :)

Replies

• jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited December 2013
    I'm millions into the bonus xp levels. That would be a heck of a lot of nutcrackers.
  • tfaehner
    59 posts
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I'm thinking a nutcracker army.. Which reminds me, we need ROMMELWOOD ACADEMY.
  • AmtrakQuebec
    138 posts
    edited December 2013
    jenichu682 wrote:
    I'm millions into the bonus xp levels. That would be a heck of a lot of nutcrackers.

Me three :p
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Actually, the weather station (WS) gives 1000 xp. You just have a massive multiplier jennlynj21 :-) Also, I think the nutcracker xp payout is more around 365 without a multiplier.

The WS cost $9500 but you can sell it for $2375, which if you are buying and selling, makes it cost $7125

Weather Station
    1000xp/$7.125 = .1404 xp per $

Nutcrackers
    365xp/$600 = .6083 xp per $

The nutcracker is still a much better xp to $ ratio, but I don't think I would like having that many nutcrackers. I will most likely buy 20 or so, just in case I want them later down the line for some reason.
  • psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I noticed this as well. When I saw that they couldn't be sold I held back. I bought two to guard the jail tho :)
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I noticed this as well. When I saw that they couldn't be sold I held back. I bought two to guard the jail tho :)

That's a good idea, I may have to "Borrow" it. :D

I usually buy multiple limited time objects. You never know how you might want to use them later down the line. Example, last Valentines Day there were limited time Heart Shaped Plants in planters. At the time I thought, those are ugly I will never use that many so I bought 20. Turns out if you place them side by side, rotating everyone, and make a box with hedges on the outside, it makes a nice little textured area.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I thought about clearing a part of my town and making a giant army of them. I'm still in the middle as I really don't want a million of them in inventory but I'm sitting on 18 million and counting and I'm not sure what else to do with it.
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I wish the Nutcrackers could be placed in Krustyland. I would place them in the lines for rides, since that's the only thing I hate about KL (empty ride lines). And taking advantage of the extra XP
  • Dalekbuster523
    909 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    The Nutcracker looks great in front of the Gingerbread house. Best place for it.
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    tfaehner wrote:
    Yeah I'm thinking a nutcracker army.. Which reminds me, we need ROMMELWOOD ACADEMY.

Buy some of those nuclear warheads to go with them
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I wish the Nutcrackers could be placed in Krustyland. I would place them in the lines for rides, since that's the only thing I hate about KL (empty ride lines). And taking advantage of the extra XP

I like that idea, kl is very boring and not much to decorate with
  • conalmcainsh
    496 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have extraneous amounts of money so I just buy and sell the zirconia a few times... That levels you almost immediately!
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I thought about clearing a part of my town and making a giant army of them. I'm still in the middle as I really don't want a million of them in inventory but I'm sitting on 18 million and counting and I'm not sure what else to do with it.

That would be quite the site. If you a looking to waste money, you can by and sell the world's largest cubic zirconia. It's an instant build. The only downside is for $5 million ($1.75 for selling I believe) you only get 100,000 xp. It's a bad ratio .026. The WS xp/$ is .14 but takes so long to do.

Edit: and beat to it by conalmcainsh
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    i read about buying and selling weather stations all the time.
    (2) volleyball courts cost $500 less than a weather station and have equal xp.
    what am i missing? why dont people talk about buying and selling vb courts.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Actually, the weather station (WS) gives 1000 xp. You just have a massive multiplier jennlynj21 :-) Also, I think the nutcracker xp payout is more around 365 without a multiplier.

The WS cost $9500 but you can sell it for $2375, which if you are buying and selling, makes it cost $7125

Weather Station

Nutcrackers

The nutcracker is still a much better xp to $ ratio, but I don't think I would like having that many nutcrackers. I will most likely buy 20 or so, just in case I want them later down the line for some reason.

Thanks for doing the math, I'm a girl and am afraid if I do it I might be burned at the stake!
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited December 2013
    i read about buying and selling weather stations all the time.
    (2) volleyball courts cost $500 less than a weather station and have equal xp.
    what am i missing? why dont people talk about buying and selling vb courts.

Think about that for a second. You need TWO (volley ball courts) for every ONE (weather station) to make it equal. So effectively it takes DOUBLE the amount of time to place and sell them back. If you have limited space for placing and selling it back, it would take you twice as long to hit the XP level.
  • finagenesse
    514 posts
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the post, I had actually not noticed it before you mentioned it... With my tile lost since the update I might do myself a little army :wink:
  • direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Weather Station

Nutcrackers

Thanks for doing the math, I'm a girl and am afraid if I do it I might be burned at the stake!

What do you live in Texas or something? :D
    (Sorry Texans, I couldn't resist)
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited December 2013

Weather Station

Nutcrackers

What do you live in Texas or something? :D
    (Sorry Texans, I couldn't resist)

Lol! Texas wouldn't be my first jab I would have said Nebraska.....or Canada!
  • psideresider
    218 posts Member
    edited December 2013

That's a good idea, I may have to "Borrow" it. :D

I usually buy multiple limited time objects. You never know how you might want to use them later down the line. Example, last Valentines Day there were limited time Heart Shaped Plants in planters. At the time I thought, those are ugly I will never use that many so I bought 20. Turns out if you place them side by side, rotating everyone, and make a box with hedges on the outside, it makes a nice little textured area.

Feel free to :) I've definitely borrowed some neat ideas from all the creative folks on here.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!