EA Forums - Banner

Old, 1 year + players, and players who have quit

Prev1
I started playing a year ago this month.
So are you saying you quit the game, but decided to come here and bit$& about it, just because?

Replies

• katehutson
    544 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started playing in October last year too, I quit at the end of Christmas for a week because I was addicted to this game and needed to stop. I should've because my bank account and sanity would have greatly appreciated it.
  • acheeanthony
    516 posts
    edited December 2013
    Been here since August/September last year and still kicking it around.
  • heatherbea444
    234 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I started at the beginning of March 2013. If I found so many issues with the game, I would simply stop playing and move on. I really enjoy the forum here now that I've found it because there are a ton of things about the game I wouldn't have otherwise known. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6431 posts Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Been here since the initial launch of the game. March 1st 2012. Love every minute of it

Character locator has finally been implemented and boy does it sure save time
  • LillyLove13
    75 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started playing during the Xmas update last year then gave for a while after having a baby and having no time to play it then started playing again in august i go on a few times a day mostly in the evening after the kids go to bed but I'm starting to slack a bit again now
  • AmtrakQuebec
    138 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started playing in October of last year but only started hanging out on these forums recently... I've been on the other sites for awhile though. The phrase "life ruiningly fun" definitely applies lol
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    Been here since the initial launch of the game. March 1st 2012. Love every minute of it

Character locator has finally been implemented and boy does it sure save time

I'm the same, started from the very beginning :thumbup: Back then the game was unplayable for months at a time, i'm on my 3rd town technically :(

The improvements over this last year have been great, character selector is wicked for sure :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    I was the same man I came back to the forums and playing tapped out just a few days ago and the only names I remember on here are Neo Dalton Bravewall and Indy.. Don't know where old Skyrim has gone :cry:
  • LennyAdd
    514 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I was the same man I came back to the forums and playing tapped out just a few days ago and the only names I remember on here are Neo Dalton Bravewall and Indy.. Don't know where old Skyrim has gone :cry:

He's still here! :) But now he posts with the name Undaunted001.
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    LennyAdd wrote:

He's still here! :) But now he posts with the name Undaunted001.
    Ohhhh really? :D why is that then
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I just don't recognize as many names as I used to around here. (neo, emcee, melody)
    I can remember you.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I just don't recognize as many names as I used to around here. (neo, emcee, melody)

Hi Chelsea :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Adamcayce
    810 posts
    edited December 2013
    I've been playing for 11 months, and never had those complaints, except how long it takes to set everyone on jobs. But they just fixed that with this update. I am so happy for that one! Literally turned a 30 min hassle into a 5 minute task. The rest are just part of the game. Gotta be something to do. If everything was done for us, what would be the point in tapping?
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited December 2013
    Adamcayce wrote:
    I've been playing for 11 months, and never had those complaints, except how long it takes to set everyone on jobs. But they just fixed that with this update. I am so happy for that one! Literally turned a 30 min hassle into a 5 minute task. The rest are just part of the game. Gotta be something to do. If everything was done for us, what would be the point in tapping?
    Exactly :wink:
  • karadyn01
    16 posts
    edited December 2013
    Been playing since February (got released in Canada a couple weeks earlier) and I will agree that the changes that have been made in the last few updates have been great. Anybody playing this long will remember the insanity that it was when this game was released. And then after all our hard work and patience they fixed most of the initial bugs and reset everybody's town to the same town!!!! That was frustrating. After sitting through all that I can wait a little longer for some more land.
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited December 2013
    I started in September last year and the forum later in October for tips and chat. I don't think I could put this game down now due to the fact I am addicted to getting every item EA release. I'll stop when EA stop I'm sure they will be happy to hear, the same goes for the forum :)
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited December 2013
    Playing since last September with a break early in October that costed me the first Halloween. I'm debating on whether to spend more money on this app though having already spent over 150 euros... Perhaps I'll when Gil's offer comes out... And to be honest I enjoy the progress of the game so far. Even if I choose not to buy more donuts, the free stuff and the events are just enough to keep me tapping. For how long I have no idea. I told myself to quit after this event but I guess I'll simply stay around sans donuts and premiums from now on :roll:
  • spreadpanic4
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    So I'm not sure why, after 6 months away from a game, you decided to post on the forum "why" you don't like the game. Are you planning on coming back to it?

Why would you want the game to "tap" everything for you? That's the whole point of the game. Sure, it's time-consuming if you have a ton of characters and buildings, but the game is designed to kill time. Also, you don't HAVE to set all of your characters on quests. At the point where you have 40+ characters, you probably also have millions of dollars accumulated, so you can be a little lax on generating more income. Also, the new update has improved this a TON.

And while most of us will leave our seasonal decorations (especially those that generate money or increase the bonus %) out year-round, you certainly don't HAVE to leave Christmas/Halloween/Whacking Day items out all year. You can decorate your town to fit the season, especially if you have been playing for a while and have built up your inventory. More land would be nice, but not just for the sake of being able to put everything on the map. Also, expansions mean that your Springfield takes up more memory on your device, making the game run slower, freeze more, and other issues.

The game is super interactive during events (Xmas, Whacking Day, Halloween). Some of us (guilty, right here!) may slack off on visiting friends between events, but I visit everyone daily during the events.

Whether EA cracks down on hacking or not, that shouldn't impact your experience. The game is not competitive. So your neighbor has all the premiums and built their Squidport in a day and has 30k gift cards. First of all, does that sound like fun? Completing the game without playing it? Secondly, does it change anything about your own town? If it bothers you, defriend that person. Out of sight, out of mind. There are plenty of people on these forums who are legit players who can take their place.

The game is far from perfect - it would be nice if it just consistently worked. It's no fun when you can't log in for a week at a time during an event, and it's also no fun to have your game freeze up. It would be cool if you could move several items together (I have a hedge maze that would be great if I could move it en masse). I wish you could put cars on the street. I wish there were more quests that involved multiple characters. Krustyland and Squidport were both awesome expansions that fizzled out immediately and I hope they return to developing these areas of the game. Also, the donut pricing is a bit nuts. There is lots of room for improvement - but one thing I will say is that the things people complain about in the forum tend to get fixed (eventually), so the experience does seem to be getting better.
  • Sinine2000
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2013
    I thought this was going to be a thread about farming dead towns. During events like these, I love visiting towns where the players quit, especially if they were a low level. The buildings are always full. The towns are small and it was easy to find snakes or whatever.

• JSCOTTHAF
    3 posts
    edited December 2013
    I have been playing since Christmas last year yet 2 weeks ago my game no longer loads. The donut keeps spinning n then crashes on me. Terrible I've spent money and time on this game and now have nothing to show for it after a year of playing.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.